DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Sign in to follow this  
Mashiara Sedai

Saladin Ahmed: Author Q&A

Mashiara: That's tough. Of the 'big three' guys, it's probably Perrin. But some of my very favorites are second-string characters. Thom Merrillin, Bayle Domon, Aviendha, Rhuarc, Min. And of course Lan. Lan is like the Wolverine of WoT - who *doesn't* like him?

I think almost all of The Eye of the World and the Great Hunt is just jaw-dropping stuff, honestly. But as far as a single scene, it's hard to top the Die Hard-type ending of Dragon Reborn. I mean, to have transplanted the style of the action thriller into an epic fantasy novel so powerfully -- I don't think anyone did it before RJ did, and I don't think anyone's done it better since.

Finally, yes, I have several back-burner projects, some of which may end up getting written simultaneously as the Crescent Moon Kingdoms books.

Ireond - Yes, I do that a fair amount. But usually by the time I've revised and edited they become unrecognizable as in-jokes.

Pankhuri - that's pretty broad, so here are two random favorite writers I think people should read: Naguib Mahfouz and Fritz Leiber.

THANKS A TON FOR HAVING ME HERE, ALL!

Thank you, Mr. Ahmed for joining us. We really appreciate you making yourself available for you fans. And as Ireond said, please come back again!

~Mashiara