DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Most Eagerly Awaited Books of 2007

Werthead

Ah, I forgot about Un Lun Dun by China Mieville, which should be up there. The chances of Neuropath coming out in the UK at least in 2007 seem to be now nil (even if Orbit snatched it up tomorrow, their current lengthy publication list means it wouldn't be out until mid-to-late 2008 at the earliest), although in might sneak out in the USA and Canada before that.

Good to see you over here Dylanfanatic. What's up with Wotmania? Seems to have died in the last couple of days.

I was teasing about Neuropath there - from what I understand, it might be a book/movie combo deal more than anything else. And for shame about forgetting Miéville there! :P

As for wotmania, it's nothing too major. Every now and then, due to Mike having done patchwork programming/coding over the years, things freeze up and have to be rebooted. This time, however, he's out of town for the holidays, so it might be a few days before things are rebooted, although it could be any time now, as he did say in a post recently that he was going to be working on a minor feature (reintegrating wotmania's chat section - which frankly is a white elephant in terms of resource usage/numbers using it daily) at some point between Christmas and New Year's if he had the chance.

So I wouldn't worry too much. I'm rather used to such things. On the bright side, it's given me more time to browse through quite a few SF sites in search of news/books.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived