DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

God of War: Ascension

Red2111

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Administrator

Ive yet to play a single one of those games... I'm afraid to, cause I know if I play one... I'll want to play them all...

And I didn't know the creator of GoW was the same guy that made twisted metal... until like 3 months ago... (Btw, I LOVE twisted metal...)

• 8 months later...

okay ... so i'm not going to give this game a scathing review, but i'm less than pleased.

i've beat it, twice. the second time i did a non-stop run through on game+ on normal and beat it in 6 hours & 30 mins, with a 30 minute break. the boss battle was meh. graphics wise and story wise it was great, hardness thought, it pailed in comparision to other boss battles in this series. infact, the 3 step battle to get the eyes was harder than the boss battle.

this felt less like a console game, and more like a PSP game; both in playing, lack of hidden side trials, length and graphics wise. infact, the graphics were a step backwards from GoW3.

i felt like the story mode was given the least amount of focus and multi player mode (which i wont be playing for obvious reasons) was given the brun of the focus; which is sad given that the stoy is the bread and butter of this franchise. as a fan of the series, i felt cheapened by this game. not only did it feel shoddy in comparison and like a handheld released to consoles; but it also felt rushed.

a 6 hour story line for a console game, where your fan base is expecting a more than sub par story mode is not a good thing.

Archived