DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Tower of the Black Dawn

The Don

Sammael stepped out of the Gateway into the heart of the Great Blight. Some hundred leagues to the south, his new Captain was ravaging the remains of Kandor, giving yet another access into the southern part of the continent.

Here though, would be his place of power. With the demise of Demandred, the cloak that had hidden Tar Machin Rahien for over 2000 years was now gone. The relatively ancient haven of the Shar Mahdi order was now desolate and empty. The Blight had begun entering its walls, but other than that, it and all of its contents were still in tact.

The Tower held secrets almost as old as the White Tower in Tar Valon. All records of the Shadow's doings since the Trolloc Wars were held here. This gave him knowledge, knowledge gave him power. The other Chosen knew as much as the rest of the world did about the time before Artur Hawkwing.

"You have revealed too much, Peaten." Holding saidin, he could feel the presence of the other man stepping out of his own, different Gateway. "You have been given gifts beyond those of your peers. The Great Lord favors you, as do I, but you are not one of the Chosen. It is not to your discretion to who our plans are revealed."

The other man knelt. "I most humbly apologize, Great Master, and accept whatever punishment you see fit." He was a great monster of a man, nearly as tall as Sammael even on a knee. That was quite annoying.

"Your son, he is a fine commander of men, yes?"

"If the Great Master sees him as so, then yes. None living today could be a better judge than Sammael." There was no sucking up from Peaten al'Kar, he had somehow found a way to be at ease with the Chosen, and spoke the plain truth. Yet another annoying trait about the man, if a man he could be called.

"Yes... quite so. This you may reveal to him. He will be my new Commander. Here he will build me an army, worthy of my... acute tastes. Once he is here, you will personally see to the creation of the new Shar Mahdi order. I want this place to be a fortress on the grandest scale."

Sammael

Destroyer of Hope