DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sneakyness... ATTN GRIM and anyone else

(OOC: This is BEFORE the Trolloc hunting thread BTW)

Rekinu was up early. Today was a sunny day, great for training. He had been at the tower for several year, and today was the year anniversary of his Raising to a Tower Guard. What better way to celebrate but to run through some exercises, and teach a couple of trainees how to be stealthy in moving around. It is one of the things that Warders need to excel in.

He had signed up for the class just yesterday when the regular Tower Guard came down with a fever, and was waiting for them to arrive.

This would be a fun experience!

Tris woke an hour befor most of the recruits to a cool pre dawn light. Flexing his muscles to shake of the bed soreness he grabbed his long bow and quiver full of arrows; he also fitted his twin long daggers on a harness on his chest. Setting out to the practic range young Grimm set to trying to obtain the void. He had only recently learned the power of the void and since then the calm detachment had come easier and easier. Drawing an arrow from the quiver in a smooth motion he pulled fletching to cheek and released, immediatly he repeated the sequence in rapid sucession and at the final twang hiss all three arrows struck center at almost the same moment.

Better, much better, thought Tris.

Today he would be training with Rekinu a newly raised Tower Guard. He hoped the stealth training would make him a better warrior and Warder down the road.

Like a ghost Rekinu materialized out of the moring mist. Not the least bit startled Tris raised is fist in greeting.

"The Light favour your blade brother!"

He saw his trainee show up, and stand in the middle of the field. He watched him in silence, and saw him begin to fire some arrows at the marks. He was definately improving, though Shooting bows was not his thing... he would do well to take lessons from his friend Torvus.

When he walked up, Tris twirled toward him, and raised his fist in a salute, saying, "The Light favour your blade brother!"

"And may your sword find peace!" Rekinu responded in his Borderland fashion. This young man before him was all decked out with everything that he might possibly need... and then some. He smiled, remembering his first days in the training program.

"The first thing that we need to do is to remove some of the stuff you have on." He waited for a few moments, basking in the air, while Tris followed his direction. "Ok. You have used some of the sword forms, and now we are going to go through them again, slowly. Remember how slow you were when they first taught them to you? Right, like that."

After they had gone through them together for thirty minutes, Rekinu had them go faster, and faster. Being able to be unheard was part of being trained, and that was dependant on your ability to be repetitive. When you are sneaking around, you have to repeat the same type of movement over and over again.

Once they had done that, the took a small break while they drank some water, and Rekinu shared some bread that he had brought along. "Tris, what made you want to become a Tower Guard, and perhaps pledge yourself to an Aes Sedai?"

After a small conversation, they got back to work.

Curious,

Rekinu Alasayaar

• 3 months later...

"The first thing that we need to do is to remove some of the stuff you have on." He waited for a few moments, basking in the air, while Tris followed his direction. "Ok. You have used some of the sword forms, and now we are going to go through them again, slowly. Remember how slow you were when they first taught them to you? Right, like that."

Tris removed all of his gear setting it slowly to the side some what unsure of himself now. He quickly fell into the basic forms with Rekinu: Parting Silk, flowed into Unfolding the Fan, and so on. The slow receptive movements where somewhat relaxing to Tris and he soon relaxed letting his body do the work.

Then Rekinu said: "Tris, what made you want to become a Tower Guard, and perhaps pledge yourself to an Aes Sedai?"

Tris was a little take aback. Oh how this story brings back memories.

"My brother was recruited by whitecloaks when I was a boy.. his hatred of channelers tore my family apart when a few years later my youngest sister went to the Tower as a novice. I pledged on that day that I wouldn't fall to his prejudices and that I would serve the light and the White Tower. I will fight the Shadow until my dying breath this is my vow to serve the sword and the Light."

Tris then reclined and studied his teacher awaiting an answer.

Tris,

patient and nervous

Rekinu listened to the trainee's story. Sometimes it seemed that to have no living family was easier than to deal with some of the situations that might come up in life. This trainee was determined to work in the Light, and the best way he knew how was to train with the best.

After a moment, Rekinu put his training sword down, and stretched as he spoke. "I came here, more out of chance than anything else. You are probably not interested in the WHOLE story," he grinned, "But we will leave it as I had a debt to pay on, and this was what was left once the debt was paid in full."

Fully limbered from the training, and the streatching, Rekinu was ready. This was to be the best part of the experience. He kicked off his shoes, reveling in the feel of his bare toes on the grounds of the archery field. "Your task is to find me. You have two hours."

With that, he was gone. Running silently out into the Tower grounds he picked up his feet. Now that he lived at the tower there wasn't time when he was able to just run for the heck of it, but now he let his legs, once accustomed to running all day long as an orphan in Shol Arbela of Arafel, remember their speed. When you lived that kind of life, speed was all that kept you from falling prey to the older boys right after a completed job earned you a crust of bread, or even a copper coin.

There were many gardens that were freely accessible to all that dwelt there, and that is where he headed. As long as he didn't hide in the Tower itself, neither of them would get into trouble. The key was to keep moving, and not stay in one place too long.