DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Myrddraal and elfinn

Gunwalker

Just finished rereading towers of midnight and a particular scene caught my attention. When Matts fighting the Foxes he talks about them moving oddly within shadows. Just wondering if this is linked with the Myrddraal shadow moving? I cant quite remember how Myrddraal are formed think they were throw backs from creating trollocs so cant think at all how the attribute could be similar.

Thanks for any replies

I have herd on 4th age podcast (a podcast recorded well before ToM) refer to a crazy theory that they might be related, theory seems to go that trolocs might have been created using Finn among other stuff. This might be the cause of there violent reaction if a question to them touches on the shadow. This is all theory no confirmation on it yet.

I doubt the two are related. The laws of physics in Finnland are just different, which can result in all sorts of nifty things. The Myrddraal thing probably results from the Trollocs having been made with the True Power, and not even Aginor seems to understand how that works.

TITLE: The World of Robert Jordan's the Wheel of Time

CHAPTER: Myrddraal

Sight without eyes is not their only inhuman ability – they can also vanish wherever there are shadows, and travel far distances by stepping into any area of shadow, only to suddenly appear elsewhere, in a shadow far away. Even Aginor, who made the Trollocs, and thus, indirectly, the Myrddraal, was not able to discover how they could use shadow to transport themselves.

Archived