DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mat & Min - spessial tallents

ballfire23

both Mat and Min have so far as i know pretty rare gifts and tallents which is solely theirs, and it also seems to be a new tallent or a totaly new tallent which has nevre been seen before, (that is recorded of corse).

Min had the tallent when they met her and Mat hav his tallent developed through the series, though he have other gifts also as remembering old tongue + the abilaty he got from the Foxes battle tactics, (was it not so that Mat spoke old tongue fluently both times he went through the dors to finnland, before he got the tallent) btw that is a digeration

so luck and faith is two old terms in human history, destiny and chance, often depicted as dietys or spirits in some fantasy and films it seems to have creept in on two main carcrters in the series as Mat who is recarnation of luck/chance and Min who can se faith/destiny, Mat can alter a positive chance or turn chance into his own favour in more ways then just the ta'verens pull on chance, he is chance in person,

Min sees things auras which she can read peoples destinys out of and is not possible to escape from, what Min sees, happens, sooner or later,

i don't know where i take this thing, it is not realy a theroe more of an observation, and wild guessing, i wish thye two had more time together, playing dice or a game of stones,.

I don't agree that two good characters must interact simply because they are good characters. Mat and Min are not made to fit together. They fit with others.

Of course they will appear in a scene together at the Field of Merrilor, but that scene also features every major and minor character serving the Light.

Each has plenty to do, and relationships that keep their storylines moving. No need to cross the streams.

i did not implay they should be a couple i juste think their tallents are related or are at the oppesite side of the coin of eachother, while Min can see other peoples faith/destiny, she knows that you are gonna fall down a cliff one time just by looking at you, or be bit by a dog or get wed with someone nobleborn. it just that chance/luck and faith/destiny are related tallents that are commen in a lot in fantasy but are used in different consepts. it is very handy to have one around you who can know peoples intention just by looking at their auras, and it is also handy to be around a person who is constatly having the odds on his side,

i hope i don't confuse with my polls, im new to the site and i have just so many questions of my own that i would like to talk about, or just thoughts and concerns that i have towards caracters and events in the books,

Archived