DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Being Human (BBC)

Emperor

I really like this show and also wonder what Season 4 will bring. I actually caught up on the US version and it was not bad. Anyone else watching either show?

Being Human (UK)

No-one is entirely sure what the fourth season of the original UK "Being Human" is going to be like with the departures of all but one of the main cast members.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Following on from the demise of the vampire Mitchell (Aidan Turner) in last season's finale, new promo photos for the series confirm that the werewolves George (Russell Tovey) and Nina (Sinead Keenan) are also gone. According to the British press Nina isn't expected to make an appearance onscreen at all while George will only pop up briefly.

Instead ghostly Annie (Lenora Crichlow) will be joined by last year's recurring werewolf Tom (Michael Socha) and newcomer vampire Hal (Damien Moloney). It essentially looks as if the show is going back to its roots, but will the new configuration work?

• 3 weeks later...

The UK version's brilliant, never managed to get past the first episode of the American adaption though. There's just something about it that feels so stereotypically British that I found it difficult to accept the American version. But yes, really intruiged as to what they're going to do with series four!

Did you watch the Becoming Human online episode/blog last year? I really hope they do that again this year (though I haven't seen any signs of it).

The American version of the supernatural drama "Being Human" has been renewed for a third season by Syfy with the 13 additional episodes to air early next year reports TV By the Numbers.

The second season premiere three weeks ago posted gains of 15% in total viewers and 35% in the adults 25-54 demographic, delivering 2.4 million total viewers.

Meanwhile the original UK version, which has undergone a massive casting shake-up that has seen the departure of three of the four regulars, pulled in just over 1.1 million viewers for its fourth season launch on Sunday night - slightly down on its third season premiere (1.37 million).

The American version of the supernatural drama "Being Human" has been renewed for a third season by Syfy with the 13 additional episodes to air early next year reports TV By the Numbers.

The second season premiere three weeks ago posted gains of 15% in total viewers and 35% in the adults 25-54 demographic, delivering 2.4 million total viewers.

Meanwhile the original UK version, which has undergone a massive casting shake-up that has seen the departure of three of the four regulars, pulled in just over 1.1 million viewers for its fourth season launch on Sunday night - slightly down on its third season premiere (1.37 million).

Sweeeeet. On the third season for the U.S. version part.

• 3 weeks later...

So BBC America aired the first episode of Season 4. Here are my thoughts.

I admit, I wonder if the show has jumped the shark with the future twist as well as the baby being the chosen one. I mean I like the idea of the vampires rising up I just hope they handle it correctly.

Cons:

Wolf blood being toxic is a new twist that seems forced into the story.

The baby being the chosen one.

George dying! Not sure if the new guys can carry the show.

Wyndam dying! I thought he was superb in the last episode of Season 3.

Archived