DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fantasy Series for gamers

RockyP

R.A. Salvatore was the first fantasy author I read. His books weren't very large, quite easy to read, and there was great synergy between his books and the DnD games. I played a ton of Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Neverwinter Nights so it was always a lot of fun to then read more material set in Faerun. His Demon Wars books were pretty good too. His books are more straight to the point with action with little intrigue, but they are still enjoyable. He wrote the upcoming script of "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning" which looks to be a promising RPG, if you're into that kind of thing.

R.A. Salvatore was the first fantasy author I read. His books weren't very large, quite easy to read, and there was great synergy between his books and the DnD games. I played a ton of Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Neverwinter Nights so it was always a lot of fun to then read more material set in Faerun. His Demon Wars books were pretty good too. His books are more straight to the point with action with little intrigue, but they are still enjoyable. He wrote the upcoming script of "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning" which looks to be a promising RPG, if you're into that kind of thing.

Amalur is looking like one of the most exciting games of 2012 (and with the release schedule growing thicker and thicker thats saying a lot)

Amalur is looking like one of the most exciting games of 2012 (and with the release schedule growing thicker and thicker thats saying a lot)

It's definitely on my radar, I think a demo drops on the 17th. I salivating for Mass Effect 3 the most though!

It's definitely on my radar, I think a demo drops on the 17th. I salivating for Mass Effect 3 the most though!

Ah see Im the opposite. Amalur excites me far more than ME3, if only because we know exactly what we're getting with ME3. Don't get me wrong, I like the ME franchise, and I can't wait to finish my story, but it's mainly the story that I'm excited about, not the game itself.

Amalur however looks to be just my type of game. Huge open world, in depth and innovate progression system, awesome setting and a good story. Plus it's supposedly the start of an all new IP so I can't wait to see where it goes (Future MMO already confirmed and heard rumors of a Strategy title in the works as well).

Archived