DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AH!!!!!

Gabriel Kross

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 what did you do!?

It actually has baffled my surgeon as to what is wrong. I wasn't a huge sports person. I danced for 6 years and was a cheerleader for 1 - so nothing super repetitive that would have caused the damage. I was 16 and had been complaining for a couple year prior to my pediatrician that my arm was popping out of place - they passed it off as growing issues - I finally changed doctors and told my new doctor and demonstrated what I was talking about. She sent me to a surgeon who tried PT first. If anything, it made it worse. So back to the surgeon I went and had all sorts of x-rays and an MRI. Came to the conclusion surgery was the only way to fix it. I still had to wait another 6 months since I had a trip to Europe planned and we didn't want to do it until I came back. So by the time I had the surgery the entire bottom half of my socket was worn away. The surgery was supposed to last at least 5 years, it's going on 12 now. I had my left one operated on when I was 21, but that one was in way better condition so I have more range of motion.

They blame it on genetics, yet no one else in my family has this issue.

2 what's a rotator cuff?

"In anatomy, the rotator cuff is the group of muscles and their tendons that act to stabilize the shoulder. The four muscles of the rotator cuff, along with the teres major muscle, the coracobrachialis muscle and the deltoid, make up the seven scapulohumeral (those that connect to the humerus and scapula and act on the glenohumeral joint) muscles of the human body."

Archived