DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What was Aran'gar up to?

LazyMonk

The second was the indtroduction of the Keeping weaves 'failing'. This sounds like something Aran'gar would have a hand in that couldn't be traced by most AS. It seems improbable that this specific weave would be the only one that should be failing on a regular basis, or at least the only one mentioned. Why not others?

Thoughts?

That was the Dark One's touch on the world. It was suggested that saidar itself was a failing as a result of the Cleansing and what occured to the female Choedan Kal, but everything else works fine, so its literally just the Dark Ones touch affecting things in spite of the Wardings.

I think Halima was quite happy to have saidin detected as the murder weapon. Until Hopwil at the Cleansing, it automatically warded off suspicion from any woman in Salidar as the possible murderer.

Later on I've no doubt she appreciated the panic, but the fact that she took effort (and was able to) conceal other murders, and the fact that people heard Anaiya and Setagana being killed all speak to Anaiya's murder being a spur of the moment thing. Likely Aran'gar said or did something to betray that she never knew Cabriana, and had to kill Anaiya to cover it. Later she likely killed Kairen to prevent such a thing ever happening again, and was content to let it be discovered and increase the terror, but I very stongly doubt she intended to generate that terror originally, and indeed it proved to be a pretty severe mistake.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived