DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Hornsounder - Volume 2, Edition 2

sheliara

The Hornsounder - Volume 2, Edition 2

I appologize for the delay in posting this Months issue of The Hornsounder. It was my intent to have this posted long before now, however with the new DM not up yet, I thought I should wait a little while.

Last month proved to be a fun and interesting one, with Cupid flitting around, and love fairly glowing in the air! There were new bonds made this past month, and a lot of fun pranks.

I would like to give a special Thank you to everyone who participated in the JoTs contest this month! We have three winners! Sit back, grab a brew, and enjoy this month’;s edition of The Hornsounder

By

Lady Sheli, Lt. Captain

Jak O’ the Shadows Contest

By a Band Member

This month’s JoTs winner was Vorkia of the Archers Division. Here are her verses!

Archers have more fun you’ll see

Having men to dandy on their knees

Though the others say we are such a tease

We love the Dance with Jak O the Shadows

We choose out targets with greatest care

While men ogle and goggle at us and stare

But we end up with only the most debonair

To take with us as we Dance with Jak O the Shadows

Leper Leprechaun

By Leper Leprechaun

A cloud o’ green smoke begins to coalesce and a very short wee lit’le bitty o’ a man strolls out o’ the smoke decked out in a fine shiny, green suite complete with top hat and a four leafed clover tucked behind the hat band. In his teeth is clenched a fine carved pipe that the lit’le man puffs contentedly on. Pullin’ out a short, twisted stick from behind his belt, the pointy eared individual points to a spot on the ground and a small platform does appear from nothin’! Climbin’ the stairs to the tippy top o’ his lit’le podium, the elf lookin’ fellow clears his throat to speak to the mass o’ folk that gathers ‘round ‘im. Before he utters a single word though, a winged creature wearin’ a diaper and flingin’ arrows all about flutters ‘round the gatherin’ mass o’ folk. Retrievin’ his wand once more, the lit’le man shoots a bolt of lightnin’ from ‘is stick right up the kazoo of the diaper clad Cupid.

“That do be teachin’ ya not to be messin’ with the love life of common folk such as these fine individuals! Me name be Lepper and I do be being a leprechaun o’ the first order! It be nearin’ that favorite time o’ the year fer me… that’s right, lads and lasses! It’s almost St. Patty’s Day! To commemorate such a grand event, I do be grantin’ the fine members o’ the glorious Band o’ the Red Hand any o’ the wishes they be wantin’ to wish! Ya wish it, and I be grantin’ such a wish as you ne’er do be imaginin’! Now, don’t go askin’ fer me pot o’ gold! Ya caun’t have it! I won’t be shearin’ that bit o’ me retirement with any o’ yas! I just did be wantin’ to offer me services to ya fer when I return this way come March! I do this fer one reason and one reason only! The Band do be havin’ the most glorious o’ drinks as this fine world or any other has to offer! So, fer now, I’m off to have me a glass o’ each o’ the fine libations ya have, then I’ll be returnin’ directly to grant yer wishes as I see fit to grant ‘em!â€

To be continued fer sure, don’t cha be knowin’!

Cupid’s Love Report

By CupidTM

Below is a list of who all fell in love and who all they fell in love with!

The list is organized in the order of who was struck with Love first through last.

Cam

-Leane

-Himself

-Jur's mug of brew

-Vorkia

Sir Horn

-Stumpy

-The Pink Loin Cloth

-Vorkia's Tent

-The Latrines (extra potent arrow)

-Chaelca

-Vorkia

-Himself (extra potent arrow)

-Vorkia

Vorkia

-a Spoon

-Sir Horn

-The Pink Loin Cloth

-Raegar (extra potent arrow)

-Jur Grady

-Gareth (extra potent arrow)

-Footman's sword

-Rayden (extra potent arrow)

-Neutralization arrow (all in love with Vorkia previously, are cured from the spell)

-Whatever brew Northie is Holding

Sheliara

-Spork Scepter

-Jur Grady

-Apollo

-Sir Staffy

-Sir Horn

-Apollo

-Jur Grady

-Sir Darkstar

-Cam

-Masema

-Grawl

-Gareth

-Ozhammer

-Witch King

-Cumadrin

-Lazy

-Antidote Arrow

Apollo

-Chaelca

-Praeda

-Vorkia

Sir Staffy

-Cupid

-Vorkia

-Leane

Leane

-Sir Staffy

-Sir Darkstar

-Apollo

Raegar

-Viral Infection

-Sheliara

Footman

-Nia's Blue Fringed Shawl

Jur Grady

-The Infantry Latrines

-Vorkia

Blade

-The War Horse Bar

Ozhammer

-Danya

-Vorkia

-Sheliara

Sir Darkstar

-Danya (Wild Arrow)

-Vorkia

Gareth

-Vorkia

-Danya

-Vorkia

-Leane

-Sheliara (above all other loves)

-Vorkia

-Chaelca (extra potent arrow)

Chaelca

-Footman

-Cumadrin

Praeda

-Sir Horn

Masema

-Vorkia

General Grawl

-Vorkia

Witch King

-Vorkia

-Danya

Cumadrin

-Vorkia

Lazy

-Vorkia

Northie

-All things Brew

Danya

-The Witch King

With that being said, CupidTM vannishes off into the distance back to Mt. Olympus

Special Congratulations to Vorkia and Horn who were married during the True Love ball, and Staffy and Leane who shortly after being struck with love for eachother, became bonded, to so much more.

A lack of work?

By Corki, the Marshal-General

A few weeks ago, rumours were spreading around the Band of the Red Hand about the lack of work being put in my the Marshal-General. There appeared to be a distinct lack of commands coming out of the leader's tent, that Band members were wondering what was happening. Such rumours ranged from a certain Archer keeping the Marshal-General busy both during the day and the night, or that the Marshal-General had fled from the camp itself and was living the life of a ranger.

But new evidence came to light to prove such rumours wrong. Indeed a certain Archer was involved. But it wasn't in amorous actions, no! It was something much deadlier, much darker, much more secretive! Something that would stop the Marshal-General from doing any work!

Over the weeks before the evidence came to light, the Marshal-General had been wondering what had been happening to his paper, but most of all, the very sudden disappearance of his pens and quills. So, one night, the Marshal-General stayed up late, hoping to catch the culprit in full action! So, with a stash of Brew, the Marshal-General kept watch all night, waiting...and waiting...and waiting.

Then the culprit came, not even knowing she was being watched! She crept in quietly, using all her skills at being hidden, but nothing went past the eyes of the Marshal-General. He watched her approach the desk, and saw her rummage in his pot of pens and quills. He watched as she methodically broke each pen, each quill. Then the Marshal-General, with Brew fresh on his lips, jumped up and caught the culprit red-handed, capturing the pen-breaker in full action! Below are the images that were taken as the pen-breaker was in full action, as well as the aftermath.

(N.B. images to follow, once I have developed and uploaded them! )

The culprit was suitably punished in private, and only the Marshal-General and the culprit know who was involved. Since this little incident, no more pens and quills have been found broken by the Marshal-General, indicating that the punishment given out has had the required effect on the culprit. Also, since this little incident, the Marshal-General has been to write the draft of the Raw Recruit idea, and start it up.

So, Banders, swift justice is brought upon those who break the tools of the Marshal-General. You have been warned...

A Wedding to Remember

By Vorkia, Markswoman of the Archers

One stormy night, while enjoying the warmth of a tavern fire and a nice brew, Vorkia overheard other occupants talk about their latest skirmish. Looking over at them unobtrusively she noticed that the there were two men and a woman each wearing an odd band around their upper forearm with a red hand print. Dismissing them as local law officials, Vorkia returned to her drink, wondering where she would find her next job.

The next day, Vorkia rolled out of her bed with a headache from the drinking of the night before. All she could think about was those patrons with that odd armband. After careful questioning, she learned that none of the locals knew of the emblem and that there was an army camped outside the city. Something tickled the back of her memory; however, her headache was preventing it from recognition. Gathering her meager things, Vorkia began to reminisce about her life back in Saldaea, but always found herself thinking about that red hand in the oddest places of her reprieve. Leaving the Inn, she saddled Mystic Spirit and rode out of the city, not really knowing her next destination only after that botched assassination attempt last night, she needed to leave. She has killed people before, that was never a problem for her, but she wondered why she was unable to kill her target last night. The only thing she could think of was that before, the people she killed were able to defend themselves, never before has she gone up against an opponent who was unsuspecting of her goal. Yeah…that must be it!

Suddenly her thoughts were interrupted as she stands face to face with a soldier in armor and who carried a lance. One look at the man’s mount told her that he was riding on a well-trained warhorse and that this was a person not to recon with. Quickly she straightens up, and then flushes at the obvious gesture, which causes her face to grow even hotter with embarrassment. He just looked at her waiting for something—apparently just asked her a question. She tries to regain her composure, while she searches for the question so she could answer. Obviously noticing her discomfort, the soldier removes his helmet, and Vorkia is dumbstruck again, for she has never seen grey eyes before. A slight smile on his lips told her that he was use to this reaction, and his eyes soften, “Have you come to join the Band of the Red Hand?†Finally, everything clicked together like a blacksmiths puzzle—the people in the tavern last night, the rumors of an army, and the infamous Red Hand of ages past. Why not? She took a long look at this man who was older and noticed something about him that drew her to him. She must be careful not to reveal too much, but she wanted to learn more about this “Bandâ€.

She asked questions and he answered them all freely, she already made her decision she realized when first asked her about joining and allowed him to lead her to where she would officially enlist. The man was kind and obviously knew horses when he commented on Mystic, if nothing about archery. In those few minutes, she felt like she has known him her entire life. Finally reaching the enlistment area, she learned that she would have to choose between her beloved Mystic and her weapon of choice. Noticing the internal struggle, the soldier assured her that no matter what division she chose, her horse will be well tended and she will always be welcomed to visit. He wished she would join the Calvary so they could spend more time together—he was really intrigued by this Saldaean and already felt like he had known her much longer than the few minutes allowed for—but he saw her skill with the bow and knew what division she belonged to. All he could do is assure her that her horse will be well cared for. “My Name is Jak Horn; however, every one calls me just Hornâ€

As time progressed, Vorkia began to spend more time with the sergeant who first met her at the gates. Quickly they rose through the ranks of the band and came February Cupid set to task getting the two to reveal their true feelings for each other.

Vorkia fought her feelings for Horn, because of the loss she suffered years before, however one night he asked her for dinner, and she had no more excuses, agreeing before she knew what she was saying.

The following evening, horn led her back to his tent for a quiet dinner, but Vorkia had no idea how, as the courses of the meals changed, so would her life forever! Horn had one of his scouts—the one she took to calling Pup—bring out tray after tray of food and drink, and slowly she began to loosen up as the Pup continued to serve her. Then something happened that sobered her up fast! After dessert, Horn got down on one knee and proposed. Her head spinning, and not from drinking, she discovered she already answered him as he put the ring on her finger. As the ring slid on her finger, she suddenly felt complete for the first time in her life—she never even felt this way about her previous marriage that she has kept secret for so long—and tears of joy streamed down her face as they embraced.

The following day was the True Love Ball that the Calvary was hosting and it was then that the wedding was decided to take place. She walked into the ball and saw how beautiful the place looked, and her eyes glistened with anticipation of the ceremony that is to commence later that night. Vorkia wore an exquisite black gown made from the finest silk. The gown was long and lightly swept the floor, with a low-scooped neck. It was adorned with intricate embroidery of deep burgundy roses and various shades of green for grass and leaves beginning on the hem thick and sweeping up the gown becoming sparser. The bodice has strategically placed gems to give the appearance of stars over the field of flowers. For jewelry, she wore her new engagement ring along with a tiny but delicate necklace in the shape of a rose made from a bloodstone frame with silver, and matching earrings. Only she knew the significance of the rose. She took the bottle that was offered to her, and set out to find her betrothed. Finally she saw him enter the ball and her heart faltered, he looked different some how, his entire demeanor was changed, and somehow seemed even more handsome than the day she first saw him. He was wearing a black cape she has never seen before, and his armor shined so bright, it almost hurt her eyes to look at him. Her heart swelled up as he spotted her and approached her, and led her to the dance floor. The dancing lasted hours, as Vorkia took a turn and danced with every gentleman in attendance, but all the while her mind was on her wedding. She really didn’t have time to prepare anything to say for the ceremony and she hoped that she would be able to come up with something.

Finally the announcement was made, and everyone assumed their places. DarkStar as the best man and Leane as my maid of honor took their places on either side of Nurse Sheli who was performing the ceremony. Vorkia in the back of the hall took Jur’s arm as he led her down the aisle to give her away—this truly was an interdivisional event! Gingerly, Jur placed my hand in Sir Horn’s hand and left the ceremony. This is the moment she has been waiting for, the vows were exchanged, and the ring placed on her fingers. She is now Ms. Vorkia t’Valere! She grew weak in the knees just at the moment her beloved new husband swept her up in his arms and delivered a kiss that would rival any fairy tale. She threw the bouquet and watched as her sister-in-arms, Sheli, caught it.

When the ceremony ended, the dancing resumed and soon Vorkia lost sight of her new husband. As the night grew into morning, Vorkia noticed something odd beginning to take place—she saw her other sister-in-arms being carried away by her warder and suddenly she was spirited away herself! Struggling at first it was only a matter of moments before she realize that it was her new husband who was carrying her. Not knowing of the turmoil that her fellow archers were about to endure, she allowed her husband to carry her away into the predawn and back to her tent.

The Mysteriously Colored Notes

By Jeannaisais, Official Piper

It was another normal day, busy compared to the normal day of others but normal nonetheless. She was just beginning her hour long practice with her beautiful pipe in hand. Her stand was positioned in its normal spot and her music was already laying out across the stand from the day before.

Practice began like it always did, tune and then do the specific warm ups for the day. The tuning went fine and the warm ups didn't exactly go the best, but they were only warm ups. Yet, as she began to get out the actual songs to practice, strange things began to happen.

She was very unsure how to explain what was occurring, for such a thing had never happened before. In fact, she had reason to believe such a thing was definitely impossible! Written music didn't do this, not after it was already written down. This couldn't happen, it wasn't even fathomable! Well, not by her at least because apparently someone had fathomed it to be possible.

Looking at the sheet music, she witnessed notes slowly changing from the normal black to soemthing else. The transformation took quite a while, making it increasingly difficult to determine what color these notes would eventually become. Pretty soon, she realized that all of the notes were turning a different color or perhaps different shades of one color. Scanning the sheet she almost had to shield her eyes. Near the middle of the page was a section of neon like colored notes, all varying in different shades of one single color. As of this moment, the color was undeterminable by her nearly blinded eyes. She would have to wait to see the darker ones she decided.

Eventually, she did see the darker ones. Yet, they were almost too dark to determine their color. By now, she was beginning to guess what color her sheet music was becoming, but she wasn't entirely sure. She did find it strange though, that the at the top of the sheet she could barely even see the notes and then as she scanned to the end of the page, the notes got ever increasingly darker. The top notes were too light to even see, the middle notes were too bright too look at and the last notes were too dark to discern a color from.

What could it be, she asked herself time and time again. She scanned the music again and again, almost ready to give up. Finally, after standing in front of this suddenly seemingly magical piece of sheet music, she spotted the one thing she had been seeking. It was there, right in the midst of the middle section of notes. She missed it the many times before because of how difficult it was to see through the many brightly colored notes. Upon seeing the suddenly extremely pronounced green note, she realized that that was the note. It was not just a note to be played but it was the note that the whole song revolved around. Without that note, the song would not be completed, would not be up to its full standard.

Smiling, she slowly brought her instrument up in playing position and began the song. Now, playing through this beautiful piece, there was only one thought going through her head: Green truly is a lucky color and without, even a piece of music can get pinched.

Cupid’s Chaos

By Leane, CG of the Archers

Cupid caused alot of chaos for the band during the month of February. When I first found out that it was my sister-in-arms I thought that it was a great idea and went along with it completely. It was a lot of fun pretending you were in love with someone or in some people's cases, something.

The chaos on the boards was nothing like the chaos on the msn chats those first few nights though. My first request was to get Horn to fall in love with Staffy's horse, Stumpy. And as my price for this I had to fall in love with Cam. My brother, Horn helped me with this one though and carried me off against my will. Then soon Cam had fallen in love with himself anyhow so he wasn't interested in me anyways.

Next came the first msn chat. I can not explain to you all the craziness that took place that night, but the gist was that Staffy had gotten tired of this Cupid and tried to capture him and then make an antidote. Luckily Cupid got away though and I ended up requesting Staffy fall in love with Cupid as a joke. As a result my price was to fall in love with Staffy.

Little did I know that this simple thing would lead to what we have today. At first it was a huge conga line with me chasing Staffy, who was chasing Vorkia, who was chasing Horn and the infamous pink loincloth. Soon Staffy got knocked down and stabbed by the one arrow that had an antidote, causing him to stop loving Vorkia. By this time Vorkia had caught Horn and they had stayed to themselves. So I had Staffy all to myself. I flirted alot and soon had Staffy busy enough that he did not make any more antidotes.

The next couple days I continued flirting and by that time Staffy had begun to return this as well. Soon I became his Toy. We continued talking and snuggling alot through the next week or two.

I had also been requested by someone that I fall in love with Darkstar and Apollo during this time as well. I did play along with it for a bit, but mainly had eyes only for Staffy. Soon Staffy had been requested to fall in love with me as a price for something he had asked for. Then there was no stopping us. lol

During this time I had also gotten Staffy to visit the Greens' private board where I hung out since I'm a green novice. After a little amount of time I decided that Staffy would make a fine Warder. I waited a little bit to see if we would continue to have anything to talk about and soon realized that there was no need in waiting anymore.

I asked Staffy to be my warder and the silly guy actually thought I was joking with him. He soon realized that I was serious and agreed. We had a beautiful Bonding ceremony with the most perfect vows. Unfortunately they were erased when the Regime hijacked the temp boards, but they were still wonderful and will be re-written when the two of us bond soon at the RP site Salidar.

Then there was the Rose Ball. The ball was so gorgeous and romantic. I didn't even need to use the love potion #7 given to me since we had already become more than what Cupid's arrow had intended. It had opened up something that was already there and therefore once the lovestruck arrow effects wore off that night, we still were one another's valentines and knew this through the bond that we shared.

Basically I am surprised that a little prank from Cupid and a silly request from me ended with me obtaining the best Warder I could have asked for. So I would like to thank you very much Cupid/Sheli for this. I had looked for a Warder while being a novice, but never found the right one. And here you come along bringing the perfect one to me. Thanks Sis!! *hugs*

Jak O' The Shadows Contest - Runners Up!

By Band Members

There were two more verses that came close to winning the contest, and as a special prize, these two verses have been included in this edition of The Hornsounder! So enjoy!

The archers are boring, and leave a man snoring,

With their minions, their toys, and it all keeps on going,

Their madness won't end, it all keeps on spreading,

In the dance with Jak o' the Shadows

I agree that their antics amuse all the band,

And some of their pranks make me give them a hand,

They think they're so special, they don't understand,

They can't dance like ole' Jak o' the Shadows

By Annonymous

They talk and they chatter and gossip all day,

Little knowing that they only get in the way,

We tell them they're needed, and ask them to stay,