DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I cant smile with you (attn Terren)

Christine

Cavana smiled as Terren’s arms pulled her closer, their bodies wrapped together under the mess of blankets. Her arms were wrapped over top of his and she giggled as his lips nuzzled the back of her neck. Opening her eyes slowly, she saw it was now morning, but didn’t want to move. Unfortunately, she knew she had to eventually, and now would be good enough. Rolling over, she smiled, Terren still asleep behind her. She kissed his lips softly, the after glow of their night adventure still apparent on his face. “Good morning,†she whispered to him, her eyes meeting his as they opened. He smiled back at her and whispered good morning back before turning a pretty red. Kissing his cheeks, she sat up in the bed, leaving him laying down and his arms still around her waste. Running her fingers through his hair, she giggled again, this time with a reason she would explain. “I like your hair long- please don’t cut it.â€

Slipping out of the bed, she went to her closet and pulled out a pretty blue dress, pale and light, which was cut low and had full skirts. She even had the matching blue slippers. Her shift was light, but she pulled it on too, then her dress, to give her an older, maturer look from the one she had when wearing just any old skirt and a top that fit. Her figure appeared larger in this outfit, thankfully for him, and she sat back on the bed beside him as she ran her comb through her hair. Leaving it in curls, she pulled back the top few pieces of her hair into a comb and took his hand in hers. Kissing it lightly, she layed back on the bed and rested her head on his stomach as he was still curled up in her blankets. “I am so sorry, Terren, but I have to go sit in the Hall this morning and then I have a class to teach and meetings to attend. Then this afternoon, I have so much paperwork to do… I wish I could spend the day with you.â€

Rising from the bed, she bent down to kiss his lips one more time. “I will send a tray for your breakfast up here, but you might want to dress first before it arrives. Do as you please today, but make certain to visit the infirmary for some check on your wounds and a salve that will be prepared for you. And don’t over work yourself today, or else you might be too tired to talk to me tonight when I finally stop working.†She paused halfway to the door and turned to stare at him for a moment, her heart bursting for him. “You can go spend the night in your new quarters if you wish, because I think you are Healed enough, but if you wish to spend them instead in the infirmary, or here, then you are welcome to.†Her eyes held hope as she looked up at him before turning back to her desk and taking her Yellow Shawl from it. Setting the shawl across her shoulders, she positioned her hair better and channeled Air into it, so that it would not move as she rushed about her day.

Stopping at the door, she turned around and watched him for a moment. She didn’t want to go, but knew she had to. “Good bye…†she whispered.

Cavana

Guest Fnorrll

Terren felt the kiss on his lips and was smiling before he was even fully awake. It was amazing, the difference that this woman had made to his emotional state. It was as startling a change as the difference to his physical state. Now when he awoke, he was happy to be with her, not instantly readying himself for the pain he had become so accustomed to, not instantly afraid, or reaching for his swords. Just content.

“Good morning.†He heard her whisper. He could feel her body beneath his arms, and he reflexisvely tightened his grasp on her, then opened his eyes, still smiling, to see her own brown eyes gazing into his. His smile broadened.

“Good morning.†he replied, then blushed for no real reason. Perhaps it was the fact that she shared the most intimate memory of his life. She kissed his cheek, then sat up. He tried to tighten his grasp to hold her with him, but she simply ran a hand through his hair, and said “I like your hair long- please don't cut it.†and then she slipped out of his arms and out of the bed. Terren screwed his face up momentarily and pulled the covers closer around him. Wether it was his imagination or not, it seemed so much colder without her.

He did not stay upset for long- he could not be angry with her, and besides, she probably had something planned for the day again, which he was interested to find out about. It would probably be good. He watched her dress, enjoying the way she looked this morning, waiting to hear her instructions as to what he should do to get ready and enjoying the softness of her bed. Then she came back, kissed his hand and spoke.

“I am so sorry, Terren, but I have to go sit in the Hall this morning and then I have a class to teach and meetings to attend. Then this afternoon, I have so much paperwork to do… I wish I could spend the day with you.â€

He frowned momentaily. She had other things to do? He was so used to her spending all her time watching over him, he didn't realize just how much he needed her attention. Then she kissed him on the lips and he could not help but grin. It was only the day, after all.

“I will send a tray for your breakfast up here, but you might want to dress first before it arrives. Do as you please today, but make certain to visit the infirmary for some check on your wounds and a salve that will be prepared for you. And don’t over work yourself today, or else you might be too tired to talk to me tonight when I finally stop working.†she said, and he nodded., thinking he would definitely make sure he had plenty of strength left for when she could see him...she was leaving though, and he returned his attention to her as she said “You can go spend the night in your new quarters if you wish, because I think you are Healed enough, but if you wish to spend them instead in the infirmary, or here, then you are welcome to.†He grinned at her, knowing what he would choose. She picked up her shawl and walked towards the door, turned back to him and whispered “Goodbye...â€

Terren realized he had said nothing since “Good morning,†and he quickly jumped out of bed and got to her just as she was opening the door. “Just a minute,†he said, “I have something to tell you first...†He put his arms around her waist and pushed her back against the door to close it, stepping in to close the gap between them. His mouth went down to hers hungrily, and he kissed her passiontely, his hands roaming around.

She responded, and a few minutes seemed to stretch on for so long. Terren realized that this could easily fill out the whole morning, so he broke away with one last, hungry kiss.

“That's better.†he said with a grin, “Now get going, or you'll be late.†he opened the door and playfully guided her out of it by a hand on her bottom, stepping into the doorframe so he could see her walk down the corridor, not even noticing that he was still naked as the day he was born. Fortunately no one was outside, and once she was gone he closed the door and leaned back against it, closing his eyes with a smile on his lips.

He got dressed, and his breakfast was brought up by a novice. She obviously was thinking many things about his being up in Cavana's room, especially since he had not tidied the bed clothes, but he did not care and said nothing but a simple thanks.

Once he had eaten, he headed out into the city, and with a smile, he entered the barbers. Rather than have his hair cut short, he simply had it trimmed and tidied up, longer than he had ever had it before, but at least he looked respectable too.

He spent the morning wandering around the city, but found little to do. As the morning went on, he found he got more and more tired, and so he went back to the infirmary, did as she had instructed him. A young yellow sister cared for him, but it wasn't the same without Cavana. Smiling, he decided to surprise her. With a grin, he headed off to find her, getting directions out of some novice on the way. She told him where Cavana was having her class wthout even questioning, likely word had spread about them by now.

He turned up at the class still smiling, looking forward to seeing her, and lingered around the doorway, waiting for her to notice him.

Turning to open the door, she heard a rustle of the bed sheets and his feet running across the floor. “Just a minute,†he half yelled, and she turned to him. “I have something to tell you first...†Her breath caught as his arms pinned her back and his lips covered hers, sucking the air from her mouth as he kissed her passionately, his every emotion suddenly coming in through their lips. She melted against the door, not wanting this moment to end, and wrapped her arms around his neck as she returned every tender touch. He eventually pulled away from her and she fell back, trying to catch her breath.

“That's better.†He was grinning at her and she couldnt help but giggle. “Now get going, or you'll be late.†He opened the door for her, and she tried to straighten herself out as she stepped out the door. His hand grabbed her buttox and she squeeled as he squeezed it gently before walking down the hall. Turning to look at him, she saw him, still naked, standing in the door frame. Light, she wished she could stay there with him, whether or not they enjoyed his nakedness. Bah, it would be done with soon enough anyways, just a single day without him.

Running to the Hall of the Tower, she idly stared into the air as the discussion continued, something about using novice rooms. She barely payed attention, even when she had to speak, but they forgave her as if she was jsut a lightheaded brown. Well, she had Terren to think about. She kept thinking she saw his eyes any moment she glanced at a blue sister’s hairpins. And she thought she could hear his laugh mixed in with theirs anytime that the hall actually enjoyed a joke. Light, she was falling too far, too fast.

The meeting over, she gathered her items together and ventured down to the novice hallways. Going into her classroom, she sat down at her desk and gathered her list of students together as the girls began entering. Basic Healing and herbs... very simple class, but very tedious. Cutting her hand, she offered it to a novice. “I am bleeding, child, can you-“ her throat caught as she looked up and saw Terren in the doorway. “-heal... it...†she finished, looking at him. He was grinning at her and she was still in shock. The novice shook her head no and every girl stared at Terren, standing in the doorway. Going to him, she took him by the ear and dragged him inside.

“Girls, this is Terren. He is a Tower Guard, and trying to anger me!†He looked a little worried now, and Cavana took the knife and offered it to him. “Do you still have any sore spots that I can Heal for the girls? I need to show them Healing.†He took the knife and opened his hand, cutting the skin and showing blood. She winced, and quickly took the hand. “Now, watch girls.†The girls watched him, not her healing, but she channeled spirit and Healed the wound. “You use spirit mainly for Healing. You will learn this weave by the end of this class.†Walking him to the door, she turned to the class again for a moment, saying, “Write down what you saw and think.â€

Stepping into the hallway, she took his cut hand in hers and kissed it softly. “What are you doing here? I told you I was busy!â€

Cavana

Guest Fnorrll

Terren was just in time to see her walk to a novice and say “I am bleeding child, can you heal it?†A frown on his face, he took three steps forward, bringing his handkerchief out of his pocket. How in the light had she managed to cut herself taking a class? And why in the world was she asking for Healing from bloody novices? He was prepared to bandage it up and carry her straight to the infirmary, when she saw him and grabbed him by the ear. No one had done that for a long time, not since his mother, and he was not sure if he liked it, not in front of all these novices. He could feel their eyes on him.

“Girls, this is Terren. He is a Tower Guard, and trying to anger me!†He looked at her, startled, realizing for the first time that this may not have been such a great idea after all. She handed him her knife. “Do you still have any sore spots that I can Heal for the girls? I need to show them Healing.†He looked at her. Was she really asking what he thought? So that was how she had cut her hand...rather than let her demonstrate on herself anymore, he quickly sliced his hand open deeply across the palm. It bled profusely, but he barely even felt the pain. Pain he was used to. It seemed to him that she winced a little as she took his hand in hers. “Now, watch girls.†He did wince slightly as her Healing settled on him- no matter how many times he felt it, he would not grow used to it. “You use Spirit mainly for Healing. You will learn this weave by the end of this class. Write down what you saw and think.†she instructed her class as she marched him towards the door.

Then she kissed his Healed hand softly. “What are you doing here? I told you I was busy!†She said. He looked at her, saying nothing, and took her hand in his, binding it up with his handkerchief. “Don't do that again.†he said gently as he held her hand between both of his own and looked into her eyes. “I came to see you, of course. I'm sorry if I interrupted your class...I needed to see you again.â€

"I told you I was busy, Terren. You cannot just interrupt my classes because you are bored. Do you need anything specific? Have you been to the infirmary yet?"

He looked at her, feeling slightly hurt. "No...Yes...but it wasn't the same. I like it when YOU look after me, Cavana."

She looked back at him, perhaps a shade more softly. A shade. "I am glad, but you are almost completely better now, and I have duties to the Tower to perform. You will have to amuse yourself, today, and I will see you again tonight, when I have attended to all my duties."

He looked at her for a long moment, feeling like a child. Did she not know what she meaned to him? Had last night not been as special for her as it had for him. A thought struck him. Light, for all he knew she was hundreds of years old! How many times...how many men...doubtless his inexperienced fumblings had not been so special for her.

With a grimace, he nodded once, and turned to leave Cavana to her class, feeling like a boy. He had some growing up to do, letting himself get this attatched to her.

He stared at her for a moment, and she immediately regretted yelling at him. Her hand was taken into his and he binded it up in his handkerchief. “Don't do that again.†His voice was so soft as he held her hand and stared into her eyes. Light, she had been so cruel. “I came to see you, of course. I'm sorry if I interrupted your class...I needed to see you again.†She had needed to see him too... what was she doing, going soft? "I told you I was busy, Terren. You cannot just interrupt my classes because you are bored. Do you need anything specific? Have you been to the infirmary yet?"

"No...Yes...but it wasn't the same. I like it when YOU look after me, Cavana." Light... she really had hurt him. She knew she cared about him so much- perhaps that was why her emotions were jumping. She was obviously very important to him... "I am glad, but you are almost completely better now, and I have duties to the Tower to perform. You will have to amuse yourself, today, and I will see you again tonight, when I have attended to all my duties." He stared at her for a moment, and then turned away from her and started walking off.

"Terren, stop!" He turned around to look at her and she ran to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. He seemed in shock and she just hugged him tighter. "I'm so sorry, please dont be mad at me," she whispered into his ear. Kissing him softly on the lips, she closed her eyes tight and slowly rolled her tongue into his mouth. They stood there for a few minutes, kissing and making out. Pulling away, she smiled at him. "I would spend all day with you, looking after you and protecting you, but I have a duty... I promise, tomorrow we wont even leave bed." She kissed him again quickly before pulling away. Running back to the classroom door, she turned and smiled at him one more time.

"Go to my office. I will be there soon." Going into the classroom, she smiled before continuing on with the lesson. As soon as the class was over, she rushed to her office, ready to see him. He was sitting at her deskchair, dosing off, and she snuck in. Closing the door behind her, she rushed to him and sat on his lap, laughing and kissing his face. "I missed you so much!"

Cavana

Guest Fnorrll

“Terren, stop!†She said. He reflexively obeyed at the command in her voice, turned to face her. She ran over to him, he was surprised but caught her as she jumped at him and held her to his chest. “I'm so sorry, please don't be mad at me,†she whispered into his ear. He smiled and kissed her neck, hoping the novices couldn't see.

“It's my fault,†was all he whispered back as he held her. Cavana began kissing him, and he responded passionately, no longer caring who saw. Then she pulled away with a smile. "I would spend all day with you, looking after you and protecting you, but I have a duty... I promise, tomorrow we wont even leave bed." He smiled back.

“That sounds good,†he said softly, gazing into her eyes and holding her by the small of her back. With one more kiss, she ran back to her class.

“Go to my office,†she said smiling, “I'll be there soon.†He grinned as she left, then quickly stuck his head around the door and winked at the novices, his good mood returning. They burst out laughing, but by the time Cavana turned around he was gone.

He found her office, entered and took a seat. Within a few moments he was dozing off softly, and the next thing he knew Cavana leapt into his lap. “I missed you so much!†she said kissing his face and laughing her lovely laugh.

“Not half as much as I missed you.†he said quietly, burying his head in her neck and love-biting her. He wrapped his arms around her and just held her close, wanting nothing more than her prescence.

A while later, he ordered them some dinner. A novice brought it in, a cheeky smile on her face. He was sure she was one of the ones that had been in Cavana's class. He fed Cavana again, it was something he found he really enjoyed doing, than ate himself. He sat on the floor next to her as she sat in the chair, his head in her lap.

“Do your paperwork,†he said, “As long as I'm not disturbing you. Then I'm taking you out.â€

Somehow, his arms seemed to wrap around her perfectly and she fit right in his grasp. “Not half as much as I missed you,†he whispered, his lips burying into her hair and then love biting her neck. She giggled softly and he pulled her tighter, and she rested her head on his chest. He gently rocked her back and forth in his arms and she realized how very quickly he had become the one thing that was always on her mind. She had missed him so much… It was almost frightening how he had slipped in to hold her completely. But of course, that wouldnt be appropriate of an Aes Sedai with a man she had just met.

They eventually ordered dinner, and all the while they sat there, talking about idle things and kissing each other. For the most part, they simply enjoyed each other’s presence, not wanting to leave for the world. Outside of these four walls, nothing else mattered. They just wanted to be together. Dinner came and it was a novice from her class earlier. Cavana shooed her out, giggling at the grin on Terren’s face. She hopped back onto his lap and he picked up a piece of meat, tearing it into a small piece. She opened her mouth slowly and he set it in, her mouth closing around it and swallowing the food. He smiled and she let him continue feeding her. Light, he was almost babying her, but she loved it and wanted to tell him. But of course, that wouldnt be appropriate of an Aes Sedai with a man she had just met.

He eventually ate himself, then picked her up off his lap and set her on the desk while he stood. Light, he had such strength. He picked her up one more time and placed her on her chair. Cavana wished she could have stayed in his arms forever. Light, she wanted to kiss his big muscles. She wanted to run her hands over his hard stomach. She wanted to sleep in his arms forever. But of course, that wouldnt be appropriate of an Aes Sedai with a man she had just met.

He sat down on the floor and she bent over her paperwork, watching him. His head went to her lap and she sat back, running her hand through his hair slowly, contently. “Do your paperwork,†she nodded her head. "As long as I'm not disturbing you. Then I'm taking you out.†Smiling, she started working, on occasion running her fingers through his hair. It was hard to concentrate with him there- all she wanted was to kiss him and tell him he should still hold her and make love to her. But of course, that wouldnt be appropriate of an Aes Sedai with a man she had just met.

"Thats it!" she exclaimed, and he looked up at her in shock. "Let's go out, forget the paper work!" he nodded his head and she helped him up off the floor and kissed him square on the lips, her arms wrapping around his neck. "And tonight, you are staying in my room. I don't even care who sees." she said, grinning. And of course, that was not appropriate of an Aes Sedai.

Guest Fnorrll

Her hand in his hair soothed him and he closed his eyes, thoroughly content, and began to daydream as she worked.

"Thats it!" she said suddenly, and he looked up. "Let's go out, forget the paper work!" He nodded, a stood, and she leaned up and put her arms round his neck to kiss him. Smiling, he held her again. "And tonight, you are staying in my room. I don't even care who sees." she said, with a grin, which he returned. With another kiss, Terren led her out the room, holding her hand, their fingers interlaced.

He led her out into the city and into a Tavern. He had seen it earlier in the day, and knew it was a nice one, frequented by many Tower Guard. Tonight there would be music and dancing, later on. He got them a table and sat down, close to her, and ordered them some wine. He wasn't properly hungry just yet, as hey had had dinner already, but he ordered an apple pie, too, which they shared.

He carefully steered the conversation. "Tell me about yourself, Cavana." He said, "I want to know everything."

He listened intently as she spoke. Then the music started just as the conversation was coming to a close, and he smiled and stood.

"And tell me, do you dance?" he asked, offering his hand. He knew he would not disapoint- even if she was very good he would be adequate, thanks to his gleeman training as a youth. It was a nice slow dance too...

Terren kissed her one more time, their lips held for a moment, before he took her hand and linked fingers, taking them both to Tar Valon. They got to some tavern, and she noticed a few faces that had been Tower Guards needing Healing, but the only one she cared about was Tarren. They ordered wine and sat before ordering a small desert. They had small talk and she just enjoyed his eyes staring down at her, his smile just for her. They ate the desert and he let her take the floor, asking about herself.

Cavana went into how she had come to the tower after her father being Healed by a Yellow Ajah menu. She spoke on her novice and accepted hood, then on her travels across the land. Then she finished with her work at the Hall of the Tower. She ommited the bit about becoming Ajah Head, but if they ever bonded, she could tell him. He seemed really interested in her, and she made a quite note to him about her only being 250, which was not really that old, but old to him. He seemed to forget that fact as he rose and offered her his hand. "And tell me, do you dance?"

Light, she hadnt danced in ages. She probably wasnt even that good. Bloody... it was even a slow song. He held her in his arms as they got to the dancefloor, his hand still holding hers as her face rested on his chest. Slowly, they moved back and forth, his body heat soaking into her. She decided to take a shot at his past again, trying to help him remember things. "What do you remember? Where are you from? Your childhood? Try and tell me, Terren..."

Guest Fnorrll

Terren placed his hand on her hip, his other hand holding hers, moving his feet slowly back and forth to the beat of the song. He loved to dance, and he led Cavana round the room, their bodies pressed together.

"What do you remember? Where are you from? Your childhood? Try and tell me, Terren..."

He closed his eyes, his body taking care of the dancing now. That only served to make him more frustrated, though. How ridiculous that something so mundane was second nature to him and yet his past was so hazy.

"I remember a village..." he said, thinking hard. "The people are self sufficient, mostly shepherds and tradesmen. There is a river nearby, and it is a quiet area..." he opened his eyes for a moment to lead her into a twirl in time with the music, then continued dancing and trying to remember. The floor was not too busy that he feared bumping into anyone. "It is unusual to see anyone fighting, or carrying swords, though a longbow is more common. And like I said before, Manetheren...that does mean something to me, though I think I only learned of it in later life." He opened his eyes again and grinned. "I've been meaning to read up on it in the library, but I have been a little...side tracked..."

They danced a few more songs, then they left. He took her out into the city and found on of his favourite spots, an inn set into an old, tall building, several stories high. They went to the top, and sat at the balconey there. It was dark now, and the stars were out. They could see and hear the waters of the river rushing by, the White Tower loomed above them to one side, and the city was settling down for the night. They sat on a bench, wrapped together in Terren's cloak, for a long while, sometimes talking, sometimes kissing, sometimes just sat together in silence.

It got late, and cold. "Ready to go home?" he said softly in Cavana's ear.

As the question left her lips, his grasp around her seemed to tighten as he had to think. She snuggled closer to him, her entire body curving to fit with his. He whispered his answer, and she was not surprised. He still wasnt remembering. There had to be something. She was going to have to ask around the warder's yard to find anyone that remembered Terren. Light, what she wouldnt do to make him remember.

A few songs later, they left the inn. They just walked around the city, enjoying the moonlight, the stars, and each other. Going to some inn, they ended up on a balcony. She could hear the rushing of the river, see the moonlit Tower, and the lights of houses and inns. It was so beautiful and so romantic. Wrapped up together under his cloak, they passed the time in mainly silence. At moments, they would share a few quick kisses, at other moments they passed a few words. She just couldnt stop thinking about how to bring back his memory. She would have to ask Nynaeve or Desandre if they had any memory, for they were as old as she.

He asked if she was ready to go, and Cavana nodded her head slowly. It was cold and halfway into the night. "Aye, lets go back. And in the morning, I want for us to meet your old friends. That memory needs some help..." she whispered before kissing him again. They held their kisses for a few minutes before he helped her off the bench. Slowly making their way back to the tower, they held hands and took the time to just feel the other's presence.

Getting to the Warders Yard, Cavana looked at the far way to the tower and thought about how long it would take to get up to her rooms. Glancing at the Tower Guard quarters, she smiled and took his hand, leading him into the basic rooms. Lighting the hall with a small ball of fire, she hurried to where his room was and giggled as they got in the room. Weaving a ward around the room, she lit the fireplace with the power. "I apologise, I just didnt want to have to go all the way up to my rooms... it was cold!"