DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

X: Rebirth

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

Egosoft in partnerhsip with Deep Silver have released the name of there newest game title.

X: Rebirth

In the distant future, the X universe faces a period of profound and irrevocable change. While the universe stumbles towards an uncertain future, countless adventures await as new enemies rise in search of power. Enter a young adventurer and his unlikely female ally traveling in an old, battered ship with a glorious past - two people alone against the galaxy, playing a key part in the events to come. The fate of the universe rests in the hands of the player...

X Rebirth represents a spectacular new beginning for the X series, offering loyal fans and newcomers alike a vast, vivid and extremely detailed universe to explore throughout the game. Varied gameplay elements such as action-packed space combat, detailed trading mechanics and high-speed space exploration with fast travel allow players to experience a truly unique space saga that will keep them hooked for dozens of hours. X Rebirth features a whole new user experience - it is easier than ever to start with, and remains as deep as fans expect it.

Below is a link to the trailer in HD.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/uk-debut-x-rebirth/713187

Its stated to be released in the 4th quarter of 2011.

Wow! I didn't even know this existed until I clicked on this forum! That is GREAT!!! I've always been a fan of the X games. I am really a fan of this genre as a whole (Wing Commander, Tie Fighter anyone) but the X series has always been one of my favs. Combining Wing Commander with the whole BBS door game 'Outpost Trader'? Yes Please!

tif

I bought X3 on Steam, looking for a good Privateer/Freespace type of game.

I kind of find it hard to get into. The UI and how you issue commands feels a little awkward oto me. I couldn't jump into it the way I could with EVE and other space ex games.

Still if they make a new one, I'll definately check it out.

Yeah, if you are expecting privateer and freelancer, it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy different. The UI is hard to get into, but that is because of all the different options available to you. It really is more of a 3D clone of Outpost Trader/Trade Wars 2002. If you can figure out what the buttons due, it is totally worth it though. Having your own empire working for you 'while' you go blow up badies for fun and profit? Priceless.

tif

It's not even the buttons, since you can check the manual. It's just the menus are clunky and finidng the information I want is hard. It's hard to find what my objectives are; I keep getting quests and not knowing where to go, or missing them because I wasn't sure who to interact with.

My last game I got stuck because I literally couldn't find what I ws supposed to do, but I could always try a new game.

• Community Administrator

Did you get X3: Reunion or X3: Terran Conflict?

IF its X3:R than yea it is very very clunky, if its X3:TC well it could be worse, look at R. :P

There are official mods out there for X3:R you can find on Egosoft.com I believe for X3:R to make it look more like TC. (Infact, TC's UI came from a community mod of X3:R)

I find X3:TC's UI far far easier.

If you want any tips/advice in X3:TC (and it still works in R to an extent) just bug me in Steam when your on, just mention your DM handel and X3 and I won't greet you with "OMG SPIES! GET OUT OF MY MIND!!!!" ;)

Archived