DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Question: rules on the community boards?

Guest Fnorrll

Guest Fnorrll

Have things changed since I was last around? It seemed to be a lot more informal in terms of what you could and couldnt do before...I'm sure it used to be the case that you could more or less do what you wanted in the community, that it wasn't as strict as the RP side of things.

This is a general question, but in particular I am refering to Channeling. I was reading a post in the Lecturing Hall earlier which was a little confusing on he subject of who could Channel and when in the WT community. It always used to be my understanding that this was no biggie, and that people could if they wanted, as this is, after all, just a community of friends having fun, not any kind of real RP site where there are hard and fast rules. After all, we often play around with reality in here, some really weird stuff happens on a regular basis.

So what I'm looking for here is an answer to the question: what are the rules as to what can and can't be done in the WT community? Not anyone's opinion, but the official WT/DM rules.

Any takers?

Oiy. You do ask difficult questions.

The hard and fast rule: These are the community boards. You can't claim to do anything here that you can't do offline. So I can't claim to channel any more than I can claim to be a brain surgeon.

HOWEVER... And this is the big however... We recognize that a little bit of silly RPing here and there can be fun and help build community. So we allow moderate amounts of silly RPing. I ask you guys to keep it to a reasonable level and to police yourselves about it. If I have to start making rules about where novices can channel and when, I'm going to have to crack down on ALL silly RPing and no one, including me, wants to do that.

So yes, things are left deliberately vague and there's lots of individual interpretation. I suppose we could make it more formal, by having better guidelines for channeling. We could even hold channeling classes so the novices know exactly what's expected of them. But then we'd be RPing as novices and Accepted and Aes Sedai, and that's the function of the WT Div.

Guest Fnorrll

*nods* no, I certainly don't want that either mumsy... just wanted to know what the crack was and the limits and stuff. you gave me just the answer I was looking for, however, so thanks muchly!

I think it goes by Orgs and ranks too... loosely. Like if you're a Warder, you can't channel, but if you're Kin, you can. You'd have to clarify the situation you're channeling in. Also, I've always noticed that channeling by Novices (and to a certain extent, Accepted) is not allowed in an informal setting (like say the moat or something). I've seen some Sisters and Sitters get down on them for doing it... lol.

Archived