DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Neil Gaiman's American Gods

Emperor

Neil Gaiman's work shouldn't be difficult to put on film, but many of his novels have struggled to be adapted. Now comes word that AMERICAN GODS is going to happen, with a cinematographer and a director "who has many, many Oscars and is, I think, a genius", according to Gaiman himself. Apparently the rights were signed last week sometime.

AMERICAN GODS is the story of how humanity's various deities throughout the centuries still exist but are now weaker since we have moved on from them.

I have read the book and thought it was great. However I think this may be a tough movie to sell to those that haven't read the book.

I'm not generally a big Gaiman fan, but I really enjoyed American Gods.

I'm also not a big Zach Snyder fan, but I think his style would fit with the book nicely.

Though 'many, many Oscars' makes me think Nolan, Cameron or Spielberg though I'm sure there's more than a few others.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read a few of his books but despite all it's critical acclaim I don't think this is his best work, and I also think it would be pretty hard to translate to film. Now a film of Neverwhere that would have a LOT more promise.

Archived