DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Gray Ajah

Phelix

AjabbannerGraycopy.png

Welcome to your new home in the Tower! The Gray Ajah welcomes all sisters, but we tend to Aes Sedai who feel a passion for the Law. There are the obvious Grays who love nothing more than sitting down with a legal tome and reading through the codes, but there are also less obvious Grays who enjoy roving around the countryside helping local judiciaries to enforce the laws of that region. Just because you are a Gray sister, does not mean you are trapped in the Tower, only to be sent out when nations need to negotiate their boundaries.

Being Gray means exactly what you want it to mean, and not a whisper more or less.

-Phelix

This is a link to our page on the White Tower's main website. There is some more information there, as well as links to all the other useful information you might need while playing in the White Tower.

Edited by Phelix

Who is who:

Head of the Ajah/Sitter: Themis do'Modron a'Rhiannon (NSW played by Phelix) Bio

Sitter: Ziya Asunawa (NSW) Bio

Sitter: Freja Peyrodin (NSW) Bio

Currently, both Ziya and Freja are vacant and free to play with. If you would like to use them for an RP with your character please ask me for permission first. If you would like to RP as either of the Sitters, you do also need to ask for permission. In both cases I will ask for an RP outline showing where and why you want to use the Sitters, and if you are asking to play as the Sitter, I will want to know how long you intend to fill that role.

Here is a link to the Wiki with a list of Gray Ajah bios. You can look at other ideas and concepts other Grays have had in the past, or see if there are NSWs you would like to play with. Check with me before using any character other than your own. You will most likely not get permission to use another PC, but could get permission to use an NSW.

Edited by Phelix

Gray Traditions and Customs

Election of Sitters

• Sitters are elected by a process where sisters nominate their peers. The Ajah debates until only two or three sisters are agreed upon by consensus, then the Ajah votes by secret ballot, the winner takes the seat in the Hall.

Petitioning the Ajah for membership

• A sister who wishes to join the Gray Ajah will be accepted after swearing her oaths, but upon arriving in the Ajah’s quarters, she will be put on trial for her past actions. Any lies, pranks she got away with, or crimes she committed before joining the Ajah will be brought against her. She can call witnesses to help her mount a defense. One Sitter will serve as the prosecutor for her trial, while a senior sister will serve as her Advocate/Defender. The Head Clerk will judge the trial. (This is a Dragonmount only tradition, and is not found in the books.)