DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

An Intro!

Always Sunny

Hello, forum people! I'm happy to be here. Want to know a little about me?

First, I'm new to fantasy. I've never read Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter or Twilight or anything, really. Not even a D&D novel. I'm a non-fiction kinda reader, just so you know. But one boring day I started playing my roommate's Dragon Age: Origins video game. It was pretty fun. My roomie said that if I like that then I'd love the Wheel of Time.

So I was loaned an old paperback copy of The Eye of the World and was told that I'd better get to reading if I wanted to finish before the next book came out. I thought that meant "Book 2" but it really meant "Book 14." Yikes.

Thus I also found out about re-reads. Fans going back to read the book series again to catch up before the new release. Then I knew I could do one better. I could do a "read" of the book. You know, since it was my first time.

And that's why I'm here. I'm going to read the first book and share my thoughts. Somehow. I still don't know how I'm going to do that. In a forum? I do tend to ramble when I write.

I'll figure that out sooner or later. For now, though, I'm Always Sunny. Let's get friendly.

So I was loaned an old paperback copy of The Eye of the World and was told that I'd better get to reading if I wanted to finish before the next book came out. I thought that meant "Book 2" but it really meant "Book 14." Yikes.

Indeed hahahaha.

Also welcome! Just a thought I would be careful where you look as there are spoilers in lots of places. You could easily create your own threads as and when you want to discuss a thing and just mention how far you are so people know what not to say, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, enjoy Dragonmount, its a great place, lots of awesome people.

Guest pallavthegreat

Hi, I am Pallav, an avid WOT fan from India.

I am a voracious reader of epic fantasy and historical fiction.

WOT is one of my favourite reads due to importance given to small small details which then have an enormous impact on the future events.

I want to piece together the history of WOT during the earlier age of the Aes Sedai

Thanks for the welcome, folks!

@Myrenna: I love non-fiction. Biographies and history, mostly. But I won't pass up a good political science or even economics book if strikes my fancy. And I haven't read the Wheel of Time, yet. In fact, I'm only a few chapters into the first book!

@Drekka Mort: I don't mind spoilers. But I will try to keep my presence on this board small until I've finished the first book, at least. I'll still share with everyone as I go along, though. I think it'll be fun!

@cindy: I don't know what terez means. It took me a while to figure out what teotw meant!

Ah, yes, the confusing abbreviations. Everyone at DM uses them (there, I did it, too), although I try to do it minimally myself, knowing first-hand how confusing it can be... I'm used to it now, but seriously, when I first arrived here, it took me about half an hour to decipher each post, haha.

Forgot to add, there should be a Confusing Abbreviations Explained thread somewhere...

Ah, yes. Here's one: Common Abbreviations and their Meanings. Most of these apply to the RP boards mostly, but they'll also be helpful elsewhere! I'm fairly sure there's another similar thread.

I remember when I was just starting Wheel of Time. :'D Those were the days.

'Nother edit: I really like your blog, haha!

Welcome to DM! :biggrin:

Be careful when browsing the site as spoilers may be given away. And we don't want to spoil the series for you yet. Enjoy browsing the site and don't hesitate to ask questions if you want a bit of guidance.

Archived