DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Clone Wars TV Animation Series

MattTaz

First of all i'm an oldie who actually saw the original films when they came out.

They are very dear to me from my childhood memories. I loved them then and I love them now.

The prequels. Well I wont turn this into a bitch-fest but the words crap, disappointing, and mediocre spring to mind

Anyway I'll leave it at that.

Then I heard there was a live-action (what does that mean anyway) tv series in the works - 6 years ago.

So now i'm thinking - this aint gonna happen.

I'm looking through a dvd shop - star wars clone wars season 1, Hmmm ok i'll give it a go, knowing George Lucas

it will be aimed soley at kids and have cute characters so he can sell as toys and make more $$$$.

Hmmm watched the season. Not bad.

Season 2 is there at the dvd shop as well. I'm got some time to kill. Hey this is actually quite well written, good storys,

not just about Anikan and Obi-Wan. Lots of other good characters. This is quite good

Anyway come season 3 i'm actually hooked, its really really good.

Now George Lucas maybe a average director, but he is a very very good businessman.

Star Wars toys sold half a billion dollars worth of merchandise last year. I think mainly because of the clone wars popularity.

The Clone Wars is supposed to run 5 seasons. Is it going to stop there? No freakin way.

This is just the beginning. Like Batman, Superman etc, we are going to be seeing Star Wars Animation series for years to come.

Already people are talking about a series between Ep 3 and 4. Also between 4 and 5. I'm sure Mark Hamill will be keen. Voices for animations

are his bread and butter now and he's very good at it.

Anyway is there anybody out there who likes this series or is it just me :)

Archived