DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rands dream of Lanfear

Guest curator

"I have a better plan, more bold. You will be impressed. Al'Thor thinks I am dead, and so I can--"

"No..." Shaidar Haran continued. "This opportunity has been given to another."

Ten pages later, enter screaming Cyndane. Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to connect the dots here.

Which should always make one suspicious of a red herring, in WoT.

"I have a better plan, more bold. You will be impressed. Al'Thor thinks I am dead, and so I can--"

Ten pages later, enter screaming Cyndane. Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to connect the dots here.

nice link.

I dont think that Moridin WANTS to kill Rand. He seems to want him kept alive, possibly due to the link. Most likely the prophecies that suggest Rand must make it to the last Battle.

Anyway, the point being, Moridin is probably using Cyndane, or her illusion, as a trap.

It is tooo contrived not to be a trap. I do not see how. Remember that this is not happening just in TAR. Rand didnt just stumble upon Lanfear by chance. Someone purposely planted the scene in Rands Dream.

Another note, just in tGS, while Rand's dreams are warded, he stumbles across Moridin's dream almost identically to what happened with Lanfear.

Of course, there is the possibilty that Lanfear got into Rands dreams as a desperate attempt to contact him for some kind of rescue. But with all we have seen from the Mindtrap, Moridin literally holds Lanfear's soul. I doubt she could do something like this without Moridin knowing of it.

So, with much contemplation and little actual decision or evidence, I would say that it is 80% chance that it is a trap. Moridin definitely knows about the little dream in any case.

However, whether Lanfear is actually sincere or if she is in on this trap is anyones guess.

Logically i would have to say that Lanfear is in on the Trap, I cant see her turning around so rapidly after so many years of dedication to the shadow.

Sentimentally however, I would like to believe that Lanfear is actually repentant. I would love to see one of the Forsaken turn back to the Light. having said that, could we count Asmodean as being the forsaken that turned back? However dubious his loyalty, he DID kinda turn back. He was wanting Rand to win.

But yeah, I would love to see Lanfear turn back.

nice link.

I realized the Demandred section was a little bare, so I added some to it, which you might like (not that you didn't know of the quote already). Also added a bit for Slayer, just because.

nice link.

I realized the Demandred section was a little bare, so I added some to it, which you might like (not that you didn't know of the quote already). Also added a bit for Slayer, just because.

oh cool, thanks.

Interesting point with Slayer.

IIRC, doesnt Gitara (the one who sent Tigraine to the waste) say something like "the last battle depends on Tigraine going to the waste and Luc going to the Blight.

She sent Luc there for a reason.

Makes you think that Slayer has a very important role yet to play (If I am remembering correctly)

IIRC, doesnt Gitara (the one who sent Tigraine to the waste) say something like "the last battle depends on Tigraine going to the waste and Luc going to the Blight.

Makes you think that Slayer has a very important role yet to play (If I am remembering correctly)

It's not explicitly clear:

After Luc rode north, never to return, whispers said Gitara had convinced him that his fame lay in the Blight, or his fate. Others said it was that he would find the Dragon Reborn there, or that the Last Battle depended on him going. That was about a year before Tigraine disappeared.

It's not explicitly clear:

After Luc rode north, never to return, whispers said Gitara had convinced him that his fame lay in the Blight, or his fate. Others said it was that he would find the Dragon Reborn there, or that the Last Battle depended on him going. That was about a year before Tigraine disappeared.

Mmm.

Interesting though.

Well, guess we will just see what happens.

Archived