• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

There's a part of me I can't get back
A little girl grew up too fast
All it took was once, I'll never be the same
Now I'm taking back my life today
Nothing left that you can say
Cause you were never gonna take the blame anyway

well, "deserves" it...i mean like you're more likely to earn it, to achieve it, if you're willing to work hard for it, even if other people have a head start on you...if those people don't work hard and keep going, you'll end up getting it first

UGH one direction was on Jimmy Kimmel and apparently it was a beautimous thing and we don't get like any channels on TV at my house so now I'm very impatiently waiting for someone to put it online because ugh I need to see!!!

Liking One Direction and still enjoying all the other things I've always enjoyed has taught me a very important lesson about people, and about myself. I realized I was still very quick to make assumptions about people based on the little I knew of them, and this has been an eye-opening experience for me.

Because I can freak out over One Direction and people can make fun of me and tell me I'm immature or shallow and that I only like things when they're popular and faddish. That I need to grow up and get a life. But the fact of the matter is that I still love reading, I have friends who really want me to be a famous writer, I geek out over Star Wars and SuperWhoLock and Merlin and a bazillion other things, and I knit and have a messy room and I'm too lazy to go outside most of the time and I want to help people and I would be more into cosplaying if I had money for it.... I have more depth than it looks like, at times. My interests can be as varied and eclectic as I want them to be.

And the same goes for everyone else. I know a 16yo girl on tumblr who is a huge One Direction fan, but she's smart and she reads more than I do and she's gorgeous and funny and she has an eating disorder and she wants to be an oncologist (seriously, she gave reasons and everything) and she's a total sweetheart and there's a lot more to her than meets the eye. The person who indirectly got me into One Direction is also a huge Harry Potter fan and is into a lot of other stuff like that.

People are so much more than we can ever know. You can spend a lifetime getting to know one person and you'll never fully understand everything about them. What you see is only the tip of the iceberg. And I knew that in theory but I never really knew how much I needed to apply it into my own life.