• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

I watched The Great Raid today. It's about the POWs from Bataan, and I bawled my frakin eyes out.

I've never heard of it. I thought it must be old but I see it is from 2005.

they still make Muppet movies?

Yes there is a new one in theaters here.

The Bataan Death March was the forcible transfer, by the Imperial Japanese Army, of 76,000 American and Filipino prisoners of war after the three-month Battle of Bataan in the Philippines during World War II, which resulted in the deaths of thousands of prisoners.[3]

The 97 km (60 mi) march was characterized by wide-ranging physical abuse and murder, and resulted in very high fatalities inflicted upon prisoners and civilians alike by the Japanese Army, and was later judged by an Allied military commission to be a Japanese war crime. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bataan_Death_March

this skyscraper?

Yes, that Skyscraper. The Spanish lyrics are different from the English ones (and by that I mean pop them into a translator and you don't get the same exact message).

Also, I can see what you mean about reminding you of Firework...I think it's more poignant, though, just in context. Demi Lovato released it as a single after she came back from rehab and whatnot. That's why she has the tattoos on her wrists--to remind herself to stay strong and not cut. She was also bulimic, I believe...so after she came back, this song kind of became an anthem--"I'm not gonna let you guys rule my life anymore."

Apparently the battallion I am in currently is from the guys who were at Bataan, it's the first and only time we had to surrender and the rescue that the movie was based on is the biggest ever rescue of POWs or something.

I cry in movies and books and tv shows all the time. I'm super emotional.