DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn: The Hero of Ages

-ZanMgt- OneNight

Chapter 56.

• If indeed Ruin is speaking to Quellion, then I bet that Ruin told Quellion to pull back his forces so that Spook could attack Quellion and in the end help out Ruin. That is the only explanation I can think of anyway. I don't see any other reason to pull those troops back.

• Ahh, so I was nearly right. Those troops got pulled back because there were fires and riot to take care of. Both of which I believe were caused by Ruin.

• Maybe Sazed will finally change! He seems to be getting on the right track, should only be a few more chapters now.

Chapter 57.

• This has been a interesting chapter with Ruin and Vin talking to each other. Even though I already know most of what was said, I feel like this was one of the best chapters in this book.

Chapter 58.

• This chapter looks to be the conclusion of Spooks war in Urteau. I predict that Spook will find out that Ruin is speaking to him by the end and pull it out. Then he will try and take the spike from Quellion but will in the end kill him to protect himself.

• I did not expect Beldre to be the Allomancer. I just assumed she was a normal person. Good job Brandon, you hid that well.

• I would have thought with how free Brandon is with killing off main characters he would have killed Quellion instead of saving him. Although there is still plenty of book left. Maybe he will die.

• Spook really feels like an awesome character now. Running right into a burning building? Although I fear that Brandon will kill him. It would be a great end for Spook to sacrifice himself for the City.

Chapter 59.

• TenSoon arrived just in time. To not do anything and perhaps save Spook from dieing if he is dead.

• Aww, I think that Spook dieing would have been an awesome death. Oh well, I suppose I should be thankful that he is still alive.

Chapter 60.

• So Vin now knows that Yomen is burning Atium. Why does she not try the trick she pulled on Zane? It worked once why would it not work again? It just seems like sloppy writing for her not to even try it.

• I hope Yomen survives. He seems like a good guy behind it all.

Chapter 61.

• Even though what Elend is doing is ultimately wrong, it makes perfect sense for him to attack Fadrex City. I can't help but wonder though at the damage it will do.

Chapter 62.

• Finally after TenSoon told Breeze and Sazed about the Kandra, Sazed finally seems to be out of his Emo state.

Chapter 63.

• !! I just realized, there was these metal beads that granted the power of Mistborn or Allomancy (The Power of Preservation) because the were Preservation. So could Atium be Ruin? That would be very interesting if true.

• Wonderful, now Evil-Marsh is h- Marsh probably has metal on him. Vin might be able to grab some and escape.

• I guess not. Oh well she should find another way to escape. Unless Brandon decides to kill her. Unlikely though I have not seen any severe death so far.

Chapter 64.

• I am very confused by this Spook chapter. He has a clue, (I don't), for something. He has to let it fly. And it is very important. I hope this is answered later.

Chapter 65.

• It seems like Vin almost got metal but unfortunately got thrown before she could grab it. I still think that's how she'll escape though, she'll grab metal from Marsh and... Maybe she wasn't grabbing for a Allomantic metals and a Hemalurgic spike instead. It makes sense. I shall have to see.

• :ohmy: Oh, wow, that is... bad... that many Koloss... turned loose. Wow... I just do not know what to say...

• I would be happy at this moment if I wasn't actually emotionally drained from reading that bit about the Koloss. Vin just grabbed the metal vial from Marsh and now has allomantic metals. Sorry if this sounds a little monotone. Again I feel a little emotionally drained.

• Vin just shot her earring into Marsh, which by the way seems like a bad end for him. Anyway I wonder if now she will stop seeing Ruin and will be able to draw upon the Mists now.

• Oh okay so Marsh is not dead. I didn't think that Brandon would kill him off like that. I am glad he will get to have a proper death.

Chapter 66.

• How did no one find the Homeland if it was right next to the Pits of Hathsin the entire time? It just seems unlikely for a thousand years no one found it.

Alright that is all for now. Good night.

Chapter 67.

• I would think that Ruin would be able to see Elend and realize that Vin was lying about the Atium. This scene feels badly done.

Chapter 68.

• I like this "in control" Sazed. When he is acting commanding and forceful my respect increases immensely.

• That sucks, I think I will finally get to hear about the Terris Religion and then the chapter ends! I hope I can read about it later.

Chapter 69.

• Wow, Goradel (I am assuming the soldier Marsh is attacking is Goradel) is a extremely kick--- fighter. I don't understand how Marsh had so much trouble though. It seems to me Goradel did not have a chance.

• It would have been nice if Vin had gotten the message but I guess that might give her to much power. The transferring of information in Mistborn is very nice, there is a lot of communication and if somebody doesn't get a message it is because the messenger died. Unlike the Wheel of Time where they don't even think to send messages.

Chapter 70.

• So all those who suffered from the Mist-sickness are now allomancers? That kinda makes sense except for why is it exactly 16% of the people? Oh well. At least the Good Guys are screwed now. This has been a very revealing chapter.

Chapter 71.

• Yeah that is great and all that Sazed has found the Atium but, he also spoke about the Atium's location out loud. Doesn't that mean that Ruin now knows the location of the Atium? Because if he does then I do not see this book ending to well. (Not ending well as in the Good Guys are going to be taking a major beating)

Finally! I am now able to read the book again! I will try to do as much as I can and attempt to get it done today.

Chapter 72.

• I am confused here. Vin just entered a battle with thirteen Inquisitors, at the start it says she used a Duralumin fueled Push against the Inquisitors spikes... But the spikes are within the Inquisitors. When did she gain the ability to manipulate metals within bodies?

• There it happens again! Vin just Pushed off a couple of Inquisitors that were holding on to her. I would appreciate it if someone could explain this to me.

• Yay, Marsh has finally redeemed himself by removing Vin's Hemalurgic spike! It is about time someone did that.

Chapter 73.

• Well that is proof that Vin is not the Hero of Ages. The "blurb" mentions her in such a way that it is impossible for Vin to be the one who was writing the "blurbs" unless she has a very strange way of speaking of herself when she is writing.

• Oh I did not think about that. That Vin's Hemalurgic spike being removed would weaken her power. I wonder how much this will hinder Vin's ability to find and kill Inquisitors. Probably a lot.

• This will be very interesting. A fight scene of Vin versus thirteen Inquisitors with Vin having the power of Duralumin in everyone of her attacks. My only problem with this is how is it that Vin can fight with all of those broken bones? Unless the Mist healed her then it would be impossible for her to fight.

• Well whatever Vin lost with her ability to pierce copperclouds she has gained far more just from the Mist.

• Ohhh so because she had used Duralumin when she would Push that allows her to use the metals inside of the Inquisitors. But then why does she not just Pull on them instead? She could pull out a lot of them with one pull and kill almost all of them.

• So, the Mist Phantom was someone else from the past that had become the Mists and that is what has happened to Vin. I think. I am still trying to figure out exactly what happened this chapter.

• This chapter was expertly done. Now one of my favorite in the series.

Chapter 74.

• This is kind of nitpicking but Elend can't do the horseshoe trick. He has practiced with it but could not get it to work so instead he would just drop the coins to move where he needed to. Unless he suddenly got better at it this seems like bad writing.

Chapter 75.

• I didn't expect anything less from KanPaar. Of course he would rebel against the Firsts.

• I just realized, if the Kandra had Hemalurgic spikes then wouldn't that mean that Ruin would be able to see and speak to the Kandra. And therefor be able to see and hear them talk about the Atium?

Chapter 76.

• Interesting chapter I guess. Although I do not know how I feel yet with Vin having the power of a God.

Chapter 77.

• Not much to say in this chapter. I am glad that the characters are finally learning how to deal with Ruin though.

Chapter 78.

• I always love reading Sazeds fight scenes. In my opinion they are actually better then the Allomancer fights. Just the ingenuity of it is amazing.

• Well that last line Sazed says,
    "What harm could they possibly do?"
    has disturbed me. Now I know that something very bad will happen.

I will stop for a bit. I will try and finish the book tonight.

Chapter 79.

• Wow, I did not expect the Kandra to go out like that. Or at least I am assuming that they pulled their spikes out. Otherwise Sazed will be dead.

Chapter 80.

• This was a rather interesting chapter. Don't have much to say on it but it is still interesting.

Chapter 81.

• Hmm, this book looks like it will end badly. It looks like it will end with everyone surviving with Elend and Vin becoming Gods (Explaining the neutral gender words in the prophesies) and everything is wonderful forever again. Which is exactly what I do not want. Hopefully it will not end like this.

• I wonder how Vin will save Elend now that he is severely wounded by Marsh, probably give him half of her power or something so that he does not have to rely on a Human body anymore.

• :blink:... :blink:... :blink:... Elend is dead! I cannot believe that Brandon actually killed him! No, I know. Elend is just dead for the moment he will return. Altough... Do I want to have him be revived? That is always a terrible thing to do in books. On the other hand I really like Elend...

• *sigh* Wow a brilliant moment like that ruined (no pun intended) by Ruin saying that stupid line,
    "I Ruined everything you loved!"
    I mean seriously? "Ruined"? That is bad writing and sounds very childish.

• Wow, the end to the series was just about as epic as I could have hoped for. Elend dead, Vin dead, the land completely destroyed. Hopefully though everything doesn't magically become better though.

Chapter 82.

• I had completely forgotten that Sazed was one of the candidates for the Hero of Ages! I had assumed that it would be Elend and Vin.

• Hmm. I do not like that everything looks like it will end happily.

Epilogue.

• Well I guess the ending wasn't as bad as I feared. Great job Sanderson! This is a absolutely brilliant trilogy!

There it happens again! Vin just Pushed off a couple of Inquisitors that were holding on to her. I would appreciate it if someone could explain this to me.

I have a theory....

All Mistborn can tug on metals in the body but it takes an exceptionally strong one to have any real effect Vin is repeatedly said to have been the strongest Mistborn around - combine that with the duralumin - and you have her ability magnified. Remember back when she killed the Lord Ruler? He had the metal minds embedded into his arms and she yanked them out with the help of the Mists, also notice hat at the time, she did not have her earring. When she was spiked with the earring, she could not call upon the power of the Mists.

I just realized, if the Kandra had Hemalurgic spikes then wouldn't that mean that Ruin would be able to see and speak to the Kandra. And therefor be able to see and hear them talk about the Atium?

Keep in mind that the Kandra Homeworld is encased in metal. Ruin cannot see or affect things through metal. That is why the underground caverns were all lined in metal, the Kandra Homeworld was wrapped in metal, the atium bin was metal, and the food was in metal cans.

The ending caught me by surprise too, especially Elend and Vin, but it ended "right".

You should go to Brandon's website and read through the Annotations on these books. They are like reading his notes from each chapter that helps clarify a lot of things.

• 1 month later...

Archived