DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bennu discovers her Talent

Mystica

Chikara,

we can use this thread to discuss any direction you'd like to take with this RP so we're on the same side in our posts.

Could you briefly outline what your plans are for this particular RP, so I can mold my posts around them?

Thanks,

Myst :)

Thanks, Mystica! How about this turning into a basic class on the nature of Ter'angreal? This can count as my class-taking requirement, and she shows she has an inkling of the talent near the end of the thread.

(I'm not very good at outlining RP - I've been a tabletopper for about two decades now and am used to RP going where it will after stating the main idea, but I can jot down a few things I'd like to see happen.)

1. A conversation with Carina on why Bennu wants to study ter'angreal, checking for honesty and actual devotion to the work.

2. Shifts to a class on the nature of ter'angreal. What they are, how they were made, what they do. Bennu knows the basics, but not in depth. How research is done with them, stressing that testing the use of an unknown ter'angreal can be hazardous to one's health.

3. Practicum a few days later with an actual ter'angreal or two, where one's use known and the other is unknown. Carina brings the unknown one to test Bennu's 'scientific method' of study, as it were - and Bennu displays the talent.

How's this for a start?

it feels more natural to me that it would be before her class on ter'angreal. Could use the open RP as a sort of official first introduction to the Brown Ajah from where Bennu then musters up the courage to send that request for the ter'angreal class. Not that the two need to be related but it kind of feels like a more natural flow of events for Bennu. Don't you think?

alright, so we're at the part where Bennu is sent off to do some desk research with the book list Carina has given her. She's expected back in a week with a summary of what she's learned by then. At which point (if she's done a good job lol) Carina will show her a ter'angreal. This one will be one of which it's use is known.

You can go about the intermittent week two ways: either you can make a mini-solo rp post in which you outline what she's up to in that week before returning to Carina or you can immediately skip the week and recall what Bennu did in that week during her next meeting with Carina. Either way is good for me :)

Also: if you have any special wishes on how things go for your accepted, let me know so I can try to accommodate that in my posts :)

Sorry for the lateness on the post! Hope you can work with that!

It's our group's RP day so I'll be off pretending to be a samurai and rolling dice for the majority of the day, and then I'll be seeing a friend who's in town for an anime club meeting.

So I'll be checking posts, but don't expect any responses till late night, if at all :)

Edited by Chikara