DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Let's talk about how DM8.0 will affect you... and us...

U4ea

Alrighty, it's with no small amount of pleasure that I start chatting about DM8.0! I'm sure your other Orgs started buzzing about it the other day and I know it's a  bit of old news to most of us. Just in case you don't know, here are the details:

* EVERYTHING will be copied over into the new format. Your profile, your logins, your sig and avatar, I believe even post counts are transferring.

* Everything posted through August 10th will automatically be transferred to the new setup, as well. All of the threads here, all of stickies... all of it posted through August 10th will automatically be transferred to DM8.0. (This means we don't have to freak out about saving stuff!) HOWEVER, I want to put this out there.  Given the nature of the beast, if the database is too big, they will dump the threads and posts and we'll lose them. SO, if there's something especially important to you anywhere on this forum (not just the Kin!), I suggest you back it up if you want to keep it. That's the only way to ensure it doesn't get hacked off.

* The tentative date for DM8.0 to be live is presently set at August 29th, which means for most of August, anything that is posted HERE will not be transferred to the new setup. These forums will remain available throughout this process, they just won't save anything after the 10th.

So, there it is. That's everything I know as of this moment. Feel free to comment, if you want. Know that I have no control over dates, so complaining to me is pointless. 

On the other hand, if you'd like to organize saving threads here, I'm all for that. I'm sure I can set up a backup forum, if we want to do that and use those for "downtime" communication, too. Ya'll tell me what you want and I'll see what I can do to make it happen.

Ok, your turn! :D

Oh, and just in case you were wondering, the forums that you see here will remain up for a week or two after DM8 goes live, just in case there was anything that we decide to archive after the new forums are in place. However, after the week or two, these forums will disappear... forever...

*enter creepy music here*

Guest BaLefireP

Cries over the loss of the forums forever*  :'(

Anyway, my thought on the matter was the fact that they will have a BUTTLOAD of users to copy over when the switch is done. As far as I am concerned there is nothing very important here that I want to keep. (due to the  fact that I have not been here to long like some of you) What I DO want to keep is all you great friends! So don't be discouraged be the switch Oh wise old users! We want you to stay!  :)

Archived