DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Summer Travel Plans

Corki

With summer on its way here in the Northern Hemisphere (well, the glorious sunshine in the UK makes me think summer is here), most of us will be planning or undertaking our summer holiday or vacations (just to keep you Americans happy!  :P).

So, what are your plans? Where do you plan to travel? What do you plan to do there? Post anything that relates to your travel plans so we can discuss them and maybe post helpful comments!

Northie and I really haven't got anything planned for the summer, as we have things to complete - for me, I have to do my accountancy exams, and Northie hopes to have a summer work placement to help her plan her future once she has finished her degree.

Of late, we have travelled in September, as it means that most children are back in school and prices are cheaper. And temperatures are usually cooler, as I am not the greatest fan of excessive heat. Ideas that we have thrown about are touring Vienna and Bratislava (capital cities of Austria and Slovakia respectively) as they are about an hour apart, or Istanbul, Turkey.

Of course, this depends on what that Icelandic volcano (Eyjafjallajökull) decides to do over the summer months...

I've pretty much already completed my summer traveling by going to Tennessee last week.

I have been thinking of visiting a friend of mine in San Francisco, but I'm not sure I have the funds to do so.

And Corki, you guys are smart to go in September.

I don't know, considering I have ended up doing all the audits we have to do over the summer as my colleagues are away. But it does mean I miss some of the big audit we have in September and October...

Archived