DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dark Crystal Sequel in 3D

Krakalakachkn

Omnilab Media and The Jim Henson Company are teaming to produce the ambitious fantasy epic "Power of the Dark Crystal"

A sequel to the 1982 classic "The Dark Crystal", the story is set centuries later when the world has once again fallen into darkness and a mysterious girl made of fire teams with a Gelfling outcast to steal a shard of the legendary Crystal in an attempt to reignite the dying sun that exists at the center of the planet.

To be shot in stereoscopic 3D, the project will be a fusion of live action and traditional puppetry combined with visual and special effects. Legendary fantasy artist Brian Froud will reprise his role as conceptual designer of the film while complex CGI elements will be handled by VFX company Iloura ("Where the Wild Things Are," "The Pacific").

Peter Spierig and Michael Spierig ("Daybreakers," "Undead") will direct from a script by Craig Pearce ("Moulin Rouge!," "Strictly Ballroom") based on a story by Annette Duffy. Filming kicks off later this year for release in 2011.

You should change that, then!

Anyway, this movie was supposed to have been released several years ago; the first I heard of it was I think 2006. They've just been screwing around not accomplishing anything all this time, I guess.

Archived