DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Attention! All SGers! DMers! Must Read! Must Take Part!

My good men and women of the Shadow!  Some of you possibly have heard of me, others of you might vaguely remember me, while a small amount of you actually know me..  My name is Ian, and years ago I used to be the Division Leader for Shayol Ghul, before that I was a long standing member of Shayol Ghul, and the Dragonmount community.  I have a few issues I would like to bring up, and I would like to see some input from everyone.  I believe I should give some back history though.

Shayol Ghul; Largest, and most active Division(Organization At The Time)

Back when I was a wee little Darkfriend, a small fish in a very large pond, SG was arguably the largest and most active Orgs around, next to The White Tower.  It was important that we hold such large numbers, and active numbers, as we are the "bad guys".  We give everyone else someone to fight.  We are the antagonists of Randland.  We had very active Chosen, Ja'avaran, Lanfear, Demandred, many Trollocs that would spam our boards with hunger, dining, and growl, Roka, Narg.  Our Assassins, The Don, and our Dreadlords, Riordan, were a Blight to many nations and many divisions.  Our Darkfriends, though not as many as other circles, spanned from beggers, to Lords and Kings of nations.  We gave everyone else something to do.

So I realize that people have real lives to attend to, but I would really like to see some activity both here on the OOC boards, and most importantly, IC.  I would like to see a combined effort of several SGers, putting together massive RPs between other divisions, subterfuge, attacks deep into the borderlands, torturing of Aes Sedai and their ilk.  Our Chosen should be plotting against one another, allying with some, and plotting to turn on their allies quicker then they became allies.  The Chosen's circles should be scheming and fighting amongst each other as well.  Unlike the other Divisions, we don't have to play nice, hell, we can play downright violently with one another, and by all accounts, it is heavily smiled upon!!

Another thing we need to do is bring our numbers up.  Recruitment is a big issue here I am starting to notice.  If we can get a few people from every other division to pick up a character here with us, and give them reasons to remain heavily active, I feel we can once again get the RP moving in a good manner.  Our own members need to be able to pick up activity as well.. Not forcefully of course, but we should feel motivated and want to use our SG characters more frequently.  I know we have a good amount of Talents that haven't been tapped into, which can be used to reward good attendance.  Another thing we can possibly do is to tap into the SG OOC Org, or any other OOC org, and get some attendance from there.  Ultimately, our Chosen should be our recruiters, getting people to join up into their circles.  

I don't intend this negatively, but our DL, second in command, and RP Coordinator/Bio checker has not even greeted me since my return, and that may feel like others who think about joining up feel less appreciated.  I figure you guys are actually rather busy with real life, believe me I understand that one, my RL situation required me to step down as DL.(It's hard to be a DL and be on a fishing boat for months at a time..)  Anyone who joins up should be completely welcomed by any members as well though.  "Welcome to the Shadow! Grab a knife and cut somebody! Woo!"

I just wanted to bring some of these things up, and if anyone is really interested it spicing things up around here, I have a bunch of ideas for RP, so let's get the ball rolling!!

-Ian/Zio/Isaiah

Hey, i am so sorry, i been in the states over easter celebrating with my fiance, being in a long distance relationship, and only having like 10 days to spend with him...yes i made some prioritising ;)

We are here though, its good to see you back, and as it is there is a slot open on staff *choughs* as recruitment officer

orgs are now social groups

otherwise do you have a messenger we can talk on, i'll be happy to catch you up on things, a lot happened since back when you were dl and i new, and we did get up and be more active then at the end of your stay even, but the rp in general has changed some, and since then we basically been going a lot up and down, curently being down definantly

but about to start looking into how to change it yet again..and geting some old/new blood on board would be much apriciated, as it always brings new ideas to the board

• 3 weeks later...

I've been an off and on'er for a long while now.  I feel that my activity is by and large driven by the activity of the board over all.  If when I post in an IC thread the response is relatively swift and engaging then I myself feel energized to get back and post again quickly.  When the boards and the RP's go slowly my motivation dies, I start checking back less and soon i'm not checking at all.

I'm more than willing to commit to two or three RP's that I would keep updated on a weekly basis but It needs to be a group effort.  So if others are committed to being active i'll back you guys up!

sure there are, what do you need (there are 2 or 3 members around who have dreads of the female gender)

otherwise i had some ideas for rps we can do as a group this last week

ok what i recomend is having a look on the req system, the intro is just about the only one i belive on your tier that you need a 'teacher', if you want to start with that we can get that set up

other then that its posible to choose interaction reqs, or reqs where you can set it up so you learn from other intiates rather then taking a class with a set teacher.

• 3 months later...