DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

News and preperations (Alex and Fawne)

Guest Celes

Guest Celes

The sewn canvas pack wasn't the most fashionable of accessories, but it was certainly useful. Almost completely waterproof, it would keep your things dry while travelling in all but the worst of downpours, and it was held to your back so that you didn't need a horse or anything, you could just travel on your own two legs if need be. Elia had purchased it for Fawne's trip, filling it with some useful things for travel - a toilet kit, with basics for washing and cleaning the body and clothing, a new bottle for storing water, in case it became scarce at any point, a small mess kit, and a few basic clothes - underwear, shirts and the like, with a small and very basic mending kit. It wasn't too complicated, only the real basics, but it would get Fawne going and would save them a few hours of shopping in preperation. The other two packages were wrapped seperately, and Elia hoped that Fawne would be happy enough with her choices. There was a pair of daggers in one of the packs, finely balanced and well made, and a small protection that Elia hoped would never leave their sheaths. The other package was much smaller, and contained a fine silver chain with a single stone dangling from it, a murky silvery white stone that reminded her of the moon.

She reached the inn and saw the two of them sitting down, Fawne looking pleased and Alex not so much. Giving them both a broad smile, Elia sat herself down and put the off white pack onto the table. "It is for you, Fawne. And I have news for you both." She'd been to see Dawn, and had her suspicions confirmed by the Gray and another Yellow, just to be sure, and now she had to share her news. But it was probably going to throw a stick into their cart-wheel, and that made her feel a bit of nervousness along with her excitement. She watched the two and waited to see what they said before sharing the news.

~Elia

Tower Guard girly

Alexander took Fawne’s hand and squeezed in it, they had just reached the inn and he was not sure what to do now. For the past half an hour he had been quiet, watching Fawne take the test, hearing the results and then moving away from the Tower again. He needed time to comprehend, to take this all in and to deal with it. Fawne could not be happier, her face was radiating with excitement. “First I’ll go see my mother, then I’ll become an Aes Sedai!†she called out as they stepped into the common room. Alex looked around and found there was nobody in. He was glad for that much and sat down at one of the tables, placing his head in his hands.

Yes, he had told himself that he would be happy for Fawne, that he would support his daughter who had lost so much already. But there was still that old lingering feeling that when Aes Sedai were involved, you were not sure where your life would take you. Aes Sedai had a way of placing your life in their hands, and they never said “pleaseâ€. The door opened and Elia stepped in, carrying a large pack. Alex looked up, his eyes were squinting as he tried to hide the fear so clear on his face. Fawne jumped up at the sight of the packages, especially when Elia mentioned they were for her. She started to unravel the big package and found a sturdy bag in there. Jumping and screaming out with glee, Fawne hugged Elia and kissed her on the cheek. Elia wanted to ask what happened, Alex was about to tell her before she had to ask when she announced she had to tell them something. Alex coughed, nodded and offered a seat.

“Fawne, please sit down sweetie, let’s listen to Elia for a moment,†she did and stared from the two unopened packages with eager glances back to Elia’s face wiht faked interest. She was a menace he thought and settled to listen to Elia who probably just wanted to talk about their trip. She would not come along, he was not leaving for a long time and he would be back here with her. She could not change his mind, he did not want to confront Matalina with his newfound love, not again. He put his hand over Elia's and said, "Please, tell us," and smiled at her.

Alexander Namere

Fawne seemed pleased with her package, though Alex didn't let her finish opening up before he asked the girl to sit down that Elia could speak. Fawne didn't look too interested, seeming to wonder more what was in her smaller packages than what Elia wanted to say, but Alex put his hand over hers and smiled at her, that beautiful smile that she had always loved. Elia took a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant. I'm going to have a baby." She'd thought that she was too old, or that she couldn't have children, since there had been so many years where she'd just never conceived. They'd never talked about children, which Elia had always thought a kindness if she indeed couldn't have children, but she didn't really know what Alex would think of it, since the subject had never really been broached. She couldn't stop herself from smiling, though, and she looked up at the pair in front of her with a broad smile on her face, unable to bring herself to worry because she was just so excited.

Alex’s face turned ash gray as Elia told him her news, she was pregnant? Fawne squeeled in delight and said, “That’s so wonderful, I’ll have a baby brother or a baby sister!†and jumped out of her seat to hug Elia. Alex rose from his own chair and when Fawne took a step back, he took Elia in his arms and kissed her on the forehead. “This is a lot to take in for me, but don’t get me wrong, I am very happy my love,†he whispered in her hair. She pushed him back slightly and Alex sat back down. “I guess we have some news to share as well,†he said and sighed deep.

“Fawne was tested this morning,†he did not add by whom but quickly continued, “She has the ability to learn to channel and the Sisters are willing to let her leave now, because she is still too young, but they do want to set up some lessons for her, after she returns from Cairhien.†Yes, Alex would still have to go to Cairhien too. Even with all that had happened, with Fawne becoming a student of the Tower, with Elia pregnant with his baby, Alex would still need to face his old lover in Cairhien and present her with their daughter. He thought he was going to faint and walked over to the bar where he poured himself a stiff drink. Then took three cups and a chalice of water. “There, let’s drink to all this good news my two precious ladies,†he said and raised the cup of water to theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

She raised her glass of water, not wanting to drink anything alcoholic now that she knew she was having a baby, and drank deeply to the news. Alex's reaction didn't much surprise her - they hadn't discussed it, after all, because it hadn't been an issue that had ever come up before, and she wasn't surprised that all of the news was a bit much. It was a bit much for her, knowing that Fawne could channel and that Alex was still going to be going away with her to Cairhien, to see Matalina - or whatever she called herself now, the rest of the Tower thought her dead.

"When are you going to be leaving? Fawne, why don't you open the rest of your things." Elia wanted to help them get ready, help them off, to reassure Alex that she would be here waiting for him when he got back and that she understood why he had to do this. She wanted to make sure that he'd be back for the birth, though - she didn't know if she'd be able to do it all on her own. She had things of her own to do, arrangements to make for her leave from the Tower Guard for the pregnancy, and as she watched Fawne opening the rest of her gifts she thought about exactly what she was going to have to do.

~Elia

Tower Guard lady

Proud mum-to-be