DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ciao Carusi - Greetings from Sicily

JRyan

I've been around a couple of months actually, first found my way here when I learned about RJ's illness, and as his blog is on my favorites and gets checked daily, so does this place too.

I used to listen to the podcast, but now my office computer is now used for sending out mp3's to the pub, and I don't think my clientele would be up for that :evil:

Nice community, I enjoy the theories, even the nuttier ones (especially the nuttier ones).

Jeff

Guest Egwene

Ciao Jeff :P

Great to see yet another lurker joining the registered ranks. Now that you are here, how's about adding some of your own wacky theories? :wink:

Nothing too wacky... anyone who's been following the series for years (I picked it up just before Path of Daggers came out) knows that you can theorise all you want, something will just come out and bat you around the head from left field. Big bat too, usually wielded by a footballer for some reason.

Jeff

Guest Egwene

lol... I just love the fact that these books leave you with lots of unanswered questions. And I have been batted around the head once or twice, but it's still fun to try and work out possible solutions for existing situations etc.! Footballer you say :roll: ... hmmm... maybe another re-read... I didn't see that one :wink:

I became a big fan of Babylon 5 early in the first season (we're talking '93/'94) because of an episode early on. The main character's girlfriend has a run-in with a strange ancient alien race. And one of the other characters mentioned 'There are things out there we can never understand'. It was when I cottoned on to the fact the show was 'Epic'.

I love WOT for the same reason, it's Epic, there's stuff out there we're not gonna understand, there's stuff that'll be explained along the way. And it's fun trying to fit it all together and even the unexplained things help us believe in this world, in RJ's creation, because like the real world, there's too much going on for EVERYTHING to become clear. You have the feeling even these twelve books are only the tip of the iceberg of the stories to tell in Randland.

I think at this point I just have no idea how the hell RJ is going to fit it all together. But to all you posters reading this, keep 'em theories coming.

Jeff

Archived