DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Baelfire controversy...

okstate91

Well you have to assume that there are infinite worlds. And that in one of them the possibility of Rand getting hit by balefire is a reality. However, there is only one DO. If he was free in any of the worlds/realities, he'd be free in them all. But he's not free in any of 'em. So we have to assume that no, the DO would not win. He would just get forced back into his prison to await another turning of the Wheel.

Also, Vec, I don't see why my theory would be less a probability than yours. A person's thread in the Pattern is infinite. However, there is a second thread that is strung along that person's thread, and that thread is their soul. When they die, the thread ends or the end gets pulled from the weaving only to find another person's thread and get added to that when the person is born.

The soul threads are finite but infinitely growing with each lifetime they go through and serve as like embroidery on the Age Lace.

Yes, that makes sense, and is partially what I was getting at in the description of peoples threads, basically it seems you are saying their thread is ever looping/infinite, but is sectioned by their lifes(if I understand correctly). Nothing is to say that isn't completely right, it actually would work perfectly with what I already said and I see no reason why that would not work.

However, as far as your comment on the death of all who could channel, remember, it happenned with Saidin, the Forsaken were not technically in the pattern when they were imprisoned, they were outside of it, so if that statment were correct Saidin would not be channelable unless there is something involving Saidar that makes one last if the other is there.

Finally, regarding the balefiring of a Ta'avern, well, Roxinos already kind of answered that here:

I don't think the Pattern would allow it. The whole point for a ta'veren's existance is because the Wheel needs it. So the Wheel weaves a person into the Pattern to cause certain events and such to happen by bending the Pattern around him or her.

*shrugs*

But the answer is not where you would expect, the first part may be correct, if you ignore that the two powers(One and True) are not at the mercy of the pattern, rather it is the other way around. However it is most likely that the pattern would just activate someone else as Ta'avern, remember, the Two Rivers men were not always Ta'avern, or at least not powerfully so, it is a growing process which means that to the pattern they are more likely then not replaceable, after all it's not like there aren't options for the pattern to choose from, the only questions would be; what size of a hole would a Ta'avern being balefired cause in the pattern and would it be enough to equal the damage done with balefire during the War of Shadows, if not more.

Archived