DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello

Rednax

I'm not real good at introductions but I'll give it my best shot.

I am a big fan of WoT, even though I haven't read all the books so far. I am currently on the 5th book and I am trying to get through the series as fast as I can, but at the same time I don't want it to end so fast. I got into WoT almost ten years ago. I know, I know 10 years and I'm only on the 5th book. The reason it has taken me so long is because I've had one of those lives that has kept me busy and focused on trying to make it in this world. That and the fact that WoT is so big and some times confusing, so I have gone back and re-read the first three or four books several times.

I like all things WoT and was very saddened when I heard of the passing of Robert Jordan, who in my eyes is the best fantasy author out there. I couldn't ever get into LoTR, not that it's not a good series or anything. I just couldn't find myself diving into it as I did WoT. The world that Robert Jordan created is one that I would love to visit and experience first hand. Also the way Robert Jordan created such amazing characters that I sometimes find myself thinking after reading a chapter, or one of the books and think "I wonder what they are all doing now". That in my view is amazing writing. So far he is the only author to have done this.

It might sound a bit odd but WoT really changed my life. I saw the first book when I was younger sitting on the book shelf in a Walden Bookstore and for some reason it called out to me. At this point and time in my life I had been going through a rough patch, something that haunts me a lot. The one thing that kept me from thinking about what I was going through as diving right into the wonderful world that Robert Jordan created. I hope I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I hope to make some good friends here and discuss a topic worth discussing.

Great to meet you, Rednax!  I think WoT has changed many lives over the years; it's amazing to think about!  Did you know we have a board where you can leave your thanks to RJ and Team for their hard work?  It's called the "Tribute to Robert Jordan" board:

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/board,204.0.html

Enjoy your stay at DM!

Archived