DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

SOCK-tember is HERE!

twinflower

Hear ye!  Hear ye!    Announcing the new September…

SOCKTEMBER!!

LOL Don’t look for the calendar companies to start having Socktembers, but here in the Kin, we certainly will!  Somewhere in time you’ll hear baby Kinster’s asking…”Elegant Eldest how did September become Socktember?”  and gee, I wonder how she will explain that one?!?  *grins and wiggles her toes in fuzzy, fluffy socks*.

Well here is the real scoop folks, we missed out on Twinnie Sock Day on September 4th because I dropped the ball in between things going on..and many of you have said well, let’s do it later in the month!  So OK!  We will!  And here is what we’ll do….

Celebrating Socks!

Socktember Exchange

We will be having a SOCK exchange this month!  WOOHOO!   This will be a fast one folks!  Hopefully having signups done by the 18th..everyone can get their socks mailed so they can be worn for Twinnie Sock Day!

Twinnie Sock Day

Since we missed starting the month with Twinnie sock day, we’ll end it that way!  LOL  Officially, the day to wear your fun, fancy, cozy socks will be on Wednesday the 30th!  As discussed in our planning thread, we will still have the Sock Hop and invite other DM Orgs to play with us, have a Sock Story to knit together,  and who knows what can happen with Socks as our inspiration!  *Grins*

Planning Ahead!

Exchange Signups

Everyone seemed to be on board with the idea of planning ahead for the Halloween and Christmas Exchanges.  The signups to be involved in them will be posted for the month of Semptember.  As of October 1st, everyone will know who their exchange buddies will be for both holiday exchanges!

Kin University

*grins*  Since both the Elegant Eldest and her faithful sidekick are Halloween Queens, LOL, the Kin always does it up big!  There is a planning thread at the Farm already under discussion of things to do, who to do them and whatever we can think of to promote P.O.K.E. (Pursuit of Kin Education)!  Don’t miss this chance to teach a class, lead a craft or some mischief!  LOL   

A second part of this will be a brief tutorial of How to do a Workshop posted in the Knitting Circle.  This way you’ll find out it really isn’t to hard, to scary or to much work *grins*   to give a Workshop for our Interim classes at Kin U in October!

Adopt a Kinster

It is time to really dig in and get our account built up for our holiday  Adopt a Kinster program!  This started last year, and we were able to offer some help to one of our fellow Kin members so that they could have a happier and merrier holiday season!   Even though last year was done spur of the moment, I think we had around $150.00 to use!  Pretty amazing!  Just imagine what we can do, if we start NOW!  We might even be able to help more than one of our family members!  So here is the scoop:  Lor will post a thread and sticky it at the Farm with instructions for how to make a deposit into our account.   You can give $5, $10, $20 ..anything you want, whenever you want!  It doesn’t have to be a lot, and that is the wonderful thing!  By working together, with all of us giving a little bit, we can make a HUGE difference!  *grins*   I know many of you have said, “Oh I meant to…”  Well, now you CAN…the info will be right there!    Right now there are a few who have been giving to the fund on a regular basis, and I  hope the rest of  you will follow through on your intentions to help and be a help!  *grins*

Well there you have it, Socktember in the Kin!  *grins*  I know some of you only check new threads once a week, *winks*  but you might wanna check more often!  You never know what might happen!

Love you all!

Twinnie and Lor!~

Archived