DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello...

EramofAmandous

I'm new and it seems that new ppl create a new topic so.....

I've read all of the books at least 3 or 4 times, I think I've read LoC more then 10. That's my favorite. Rand and Lan are two of my favorite male characters. Aviendha is my favorite female character. I'm also a Sword of Truth fan, I hear some of you are critical of them but I still like them and I also post on Sword-of-truth.com forums. I also have a deviantart account and am learning to do photomanipulations, I write some poetry and enjoy long walks on the beach...lol.

Welcome to DM! :)

There is nothing wrong with liking the Sword of Truth series. I do, and prefer them to WoT, but I feel there are series that trump both. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Have a good look around the site and hopefully you can find a few places that interest, like possibly the Illuminators ORG. :)

:) I like your avatar, but I don't know what it means. Is there a story behind it, or is it just something that caught your eye?

Do you read only modern authors, or have you tried some of the older fantasy 'classics'?

My avatar is a photomanip that I did. I have read some classics, you know everybody reads Beowulf in high school, and I really like Robert E. Howard, I've also read "The Once and Future King". But I hated to read until junior high, when I started reading "The Vampire Chronicles" by Anne Rice. Then I got into fantasy. I don't remember which I read first. TeOtW or Terry Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule, but it was one of the two and that started it all, been hooked ever since. Out of all my friends I am the local fantasy expert.

I'm sorry.  I was referring to the older fantasy books when I said classics.  :)

I began with scifi actually. I read mostly Robert Heinlein, Andre Norton (who I found out later also wrote excellent fantasy), and Isaac Asimov. Then I read Darkover by Marian Zimmer Bradley. I've read all of her series and loved every one of them. They weren't in any particular order, so I could get them when I could and it didn't matter. Same for the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey. Then I read Terry Brooks' Elfstones of Shanara. Also read his Magic Kingdom for Sale. They were good. I didn't read much fantasy through the eighties and nineties and just got back into it with EotW in 2004. I've read Wizard's First Rule and didn't care enough about it to buy the next one. I've also tried Martin's ASoIaF but wasn't impressed enough to buy the others. Someday I may see if the Library has them. Or the second hand bookstore, maybe. I also read a lot of historical fiction and mysteries. I also read things before I let my kids read them. That's how I came to read The Golden Compass, Harry Potter, and Twilight series. Only TGC disappointed.  :)

Archived