DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Learning Not to Kill Each Other (Attn Rasheta)

Sangreal

So here he was. Moving in to the empty room in Rasheta's quarters for the "trial period" of learning to live together. Granted he still had to obey her so it was in a way like trying to be roommates with is commanding officer. Likely he would be on his tip toes for awhile and probably just best to not be seen.

The room looked nice at least bear skin rug, stacked mattresses, family coat of arms tapestry, book shelves, weapons and armor rack, quilts and silk blankets and pillows stuffed with feathers... he was sure he was still missing something.

"Now what?" He said aloud. What in the world did a Warder do all day? Surely it wasnt decorating. Giving it all one last look he had to admit that it looked more cozy than Rasheta's area. That he had to grin for at least.

He realized that it was large body pillows for the large rug that was missing. (Perhaps they DO sit around and decorate.)

Rasheta peeked her head in and was probably wondering what took all day... he did wash the whole room out before he moved in... so he moved aside to let her see.

"Im just missing a few things... I think..." he said the last questioningly in case there was something SHE thought he needed. "What do you think?"

Rasheta had left her room earlier in the day to do some hall business and sort some things out with a mentee she was having trouble with. Tower life was not all that it was supposed to be sometimes. She was putting off speaking to Jaydena about her intended bond. She pulled her shawl close around her and made her way back to her rooms. Some of the Greens stopped her and said that someone was moving into her rooms. She smiled and said as little as she could about it but the Greens all knew she was either taking a lover or preparing to bond, or she had already. She left them thinking whatever they wanted and went to her rooms.

Still wearing her shawl she walked to Dante's room next to hers, the servants helping him glanced at her and ducked there heads seeming to work harder. She noticed the room had changed a great deal since the last time it had been used. She nodded to Dante and he asked her.

"What do you think?"

She smiled and added "It looks different then I remember but you seem to be settling in well. If there is anything you need you have but to ask." She came fully into the room and turned around and then winked at Dante. "Seems like you could romance someone well enough in here." She enjoyed teasing Dante, probably more then she should.

"Do you keep your weapons here? I have space for them and if you like the swords on the walls out in the sitting room can be used." She shrugged "if you would like one you are welcome to it. I don't know what you use in battle." She paused and then continued.

"Do you need anything at the moment?"

"Seems like you could romance someone well enough in here. Do you keep your weapons here? I have space for them and if you like the swords on the walls out in the sitting room can be used. If you would like one you are welcome to it. I don't know what you use in battle. Do you need anything at the moment?"

With a humorous if not charming look he put his hands on his waists and looked at her. "Yes you could romance someone well here but its made for comfort... sometimes you just need a place to retreat to." He thought a look of understanding passed between them for a moment. "I use a scimitar well enough but... I like to fight with my body too." (Shes going to get the wrong idea about me... hand to hand... massages... medicine... women... oh boy.)

"Im fine thanks... you are welcome to my book collection... mostly on the body." (Doh!) "Did you need to be somewhere? You could stay around and celebrate the move with me. I promise I wont bite." (Unless you ask nicely.)

"Im fine thanks... you are welcome to my book collection... mostly on the body." (Doh!) "Did you need to be somewhere? You could stay around and celebrate the move with me. I promise I wont bite."

Rasheta smiled and said "Thank you Dante but if I needed to learn anything else on the body I would ask the Yellows. Do you try and heal with more practical means then the one power?" She turned and walked into her room and threw her shawl on the bed and went to her wardrobe to find something more comfortable to wear. Leaned out of her room and said. "Give me a few moments I will come and speak to you more in a moment."

Rasheta took a moment to fix her hair a little, and of course she changed into something more comfortable and flowing then the domani dresses she wore sometimes when sitting the hall. Those were very good to do almost nothing but sit in. She came back into the room and sat down. "I have no where else to be today. Although I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Greens and there warders suddenly felt the need to take up some of my time." She laughed lightly. She was surprised how easily laughing and smiling came to her these days. It was very strange she would have to figure out the reasons for that later. As it was she asked

"What would you like to do and what would you like to eat? I'm not hungry at the moment. I don't tend to eat till late and I am usually up very very late. If you hear me moving around in the night its probably me training with my swords or pacing." She shrugged as though it was nothing. "I sometimes fall asleep out here in the sitting room as well. So don't worry if you find me on the floor." She laughed again and then said. "But please tell me what you want to eat I will send someone for it."

He sat in the sitting room and waited patiently. She poked her head out once to let him know she would be out. He sat there wondering what he was supposed to do as a warder and more how to fit Visar in that room when she bonded him. For some reason that wasnt as appealing as it used to be... he finally decided when Visar came he would just move back into the Tower Guard barracks.

She came out in something looser than normal so that made him happy. (Less teasing.) he thought.

He found her talking about falling asleep in here rather amusing. "I wont let you sleep on a floor... I can carry you to bed without waking you. You may sleep in your clothes for the night but you will be comfortable."

When she mentioned the food he turned it away. "I could eat.... just not in the mood for food at the moment. So what do you do to occupy your days?" He wasnt sure what Aes Sedai did really. At least not when being sent abroad.

"I could eat.... just not in the mood for food at the moment. So what do you do to occupy your days?"

She stood up and called a servant sending them to get her enough food for two. The man nodded and walked off, she shrugged and added to Dante. "You may not be hungry now but later, the kitchen sends me food that is easy to heat." She laughed and added "or it can be eaten cold and tastes just as good." She sat back in her chair and settled back in it.

"I have many duties, I sit in the Hall train the young novices and accepted in the use of the one power. Sometimes I journey down to the practice yards." She laughed and added "Sometimes I just shut myself in my room and read all day. You have the choice of doing whatever it is you've always wanted to do. Most of the warders that are here in the tower stay most of the days out on the training yards. It doesn't do to get rusty at what you are to do best. Mostly during the nights they go to the city for a little fun, unless they are Greens warders then they tend to come back here. Although sometimes they come here pick up there Aes Sedai and they all go to the city." She laughed again "Greens are notorious for being out in the city and drinking and dancing." She rubbed her shoulder a sighed she'd have to see one of the yellows again to get them to take her pain away again. Her body sometimes just hurt in weird places. She stretched and asked. "what would you like to do with your days?"

When she rubbed her shoulders his fingers began to twitch. "I rarely plan what I do... only when it will concern your safety really." He wondered what kind of food would be brought. He also wondered if it was better than what they had in the yard. "I study what I want to study and besides for work I pretty much did what I wanted to."

Taking his jacket off he went behind her. "You have to take better care of yourself." He said. She turned to look at him obviously wondering what he was doing. "And you have to trust me..." he said as he placed his hands on the stress points on her shoulders and began to work out knots. It didnt take her too long to relax thankfully. "These keep coming back dont they? Healing may take them out but you need to relax to make them go away for good. Healing is anything but relaxing." He went as far down her back as the chair would allow, though he doubted it was far enough, before resting his arms on the top of her chair and looking down at her.

"You will have to lay on your stomach to finish. I will do my best to entertain you if you are uncomfortable with it. Or you can go see the yellows." He smiled. Healing was not pleasant and what he was offering was not a tough choice. (Though for her it might be.) he thought

Rasheta listened to him speak about what he liked to do and was a little surprised when he came up behind her and started rubbing her shoulders and back. She tensed up more for a moment but the muscles in her back wanted to relax so she did.

"You will have to lay on your stomach to finish. I will do my best to entertain you if you are uncomfortable with it. Or you can go see the yellows."

She thought about it a moment then jumped when someone knocked on her door she stood and answered it admitting a servant. She directed the man where she wanted the food and then glanced at Dante he was just watching her for the most part. She wanted to run away and hide in her room rather then lay on the floor and let him do whatever it was he was gonna do. She stiffed her back however and decided that she was Aes Sedai she didn't run she faced her fears head on. She waited till the servent left and then she warded the room and found her favorite spot to curl up and laid on the floor her arms crossed so she could rest her head on them. She asked curiously

"where did you learn to do this? Did your mother teach you? You told me once you were from a line of children born from an Aes Sedai and her warder. Do you remember her Ajah?" Rasheta was curious about that. Extended use of the one power made it nearly impossible to have children.

Dante knelt down on the floor next to her. He knew he would have to talk about his past at some point. A week ago he would have though this whole thing would have been to find out this information though he now was not concerned of whatever Rasheta's motivation to try and bond him was. At the moment he figured not having to deal neck, back, and shoulder pain would be enough. He ran his hands over her back and shoulders and the back of her legs to figure out where she kept her stress. Satisfied of where to start he started talking.

"My father is a trader and in that he is a ruthless and cunning one. However he valued his wife and his family and never forgot his roots. So he insisted we all learn to heal before we learn to hurt. I happened to enjoy the lessons so I kept taking them. Lucky for you I did."

He moved on her body carefully. They were all different he had learned. Laying here however professional about it he was trying to be. However he kept looking over at the shape of her body and certain... features of it. (Perfect) he thought. Shaking his head he continued.

"My descendant was a green like you. She was young and hot headed and met a Blacksmith who came here from Shienar to train and finally found something that could cool her. They went to the Borderlands and fought there for a few years and when they were to return to the Tower after a time and after the Blacksmith had been given the vows of enoblement they saw something they didnt like here having to do with the Warders and decided not to return... when the Aes Sedai became pregnant they knew they couldnt return and sent news of their deaths to the Tower. Though the Warder actually died thirty years later and the Aes Sedai thirty after that... still mourning her warder she went into the Borderlands on a suicide mission to rescue some villagers that were taken for creator knows what purpose. The villagers returned with her body and swore themselves to serve her children and grand children and so on as they do to this day."

He began to slow a bit as he got further down her back. The woman was like a wound up rope and he had to loosen muscles before he could start to loosen others. He wasnt sure what custom would go into this for a Domani. In Shienar a massage was just that. In Andor a massage was ok as long as certain areas were not touched. It was considered insulting or rude. She was in pain though he could tell from who knows how long of bodily torture so he placed a hand on her back gently. "Relax Rasheta Sedai." he said in a low monotone voice. Then began to work below the back not skipping any areas. Feeling her tense he turned towards her again. "If you relax I will only have to do this low once unless you are on your feet alot or have a particularly long meeting in the hall and even then it wont take half as long." He worked quickly and as respectfully as he could taking extra time on her feet. He was quiet and he got involved in the work. Finally when he stopped he went back to the neck and shoulders and back. Taking his time.

"There are you starting to feel better now?"

Rasheta listened to Dante speak about his past and found it very interesting. She was trying not to notice where his hands were going and that her muscles were relaxing very well. She suddenly felt sleepy, she hadn't felt sleepy this early in many, many years. She forced herself to stay awake and actually listen to what the man was saying and then he asked her

"There are you starting to feel better now?"

She smiled and nodded adding in a sleepy voice. "I think if you just left me alone I could fall asleep here." She moved her head a bit to get more comfortable on her arms and added "I should use your help to get me to sleep more often. My Ajah head would think it amazing if I came to the Hall actually awake and not yawning." She laughed softly and added

"Your ancestor was a Green. How lovely, she went to the blight as I did. A parallel that shouldn't surprise me. Many sisters loose warders in the blight. I wonder why we go there." She would have shaken her head if she had the energy or had been standing up. As she was neither standing or had the energy she just sighed and then shut her eyes saying

"If you just gave me a blanket I could sleep very well right here." She opened one eye and looked up at Dante. "You should eat the food that was brought though." She closed her eye and yawned saying. "Tell me something else about your family, or the tower or whatever. I just like hearing another voice in these rooms."

Dante smiled as Rasheta almost fell asleep. "I am glad you are relaxed." He laid down next to her and just traced his fingertips along her back. He couldnt help but look her in the eyes. "I imagine these will only get better with the bond. Are you sure you are ready to have me in your head 24 hours a day?"

He smiled in his usual charming way. He started to run his fingers through her long hair and as she closed her eyes he realized that even without the bond she already meant something to him... which was going to be a disaster... he would have to find a way to hide himself from her in her mind before the bond or she would know how he felt... it was bad enough that she had to feel her emotions for Visar when she saw him once they were bonded.

"If you fall asleep Im carrying you to your bed Rasheta Sedai. So all that work doesnt go to waste."

The breath she exhaled and slow breathing told him he was too late. He gently picked her up and carried her to her room for a nap. She was lighter than he expected and he was fully aware of the softness of her skin and her sweet scent. Gently he set her on her bed and saw her eyes were open. There was already a pitcher of water which she would need for after the massage. He closed the heavy curtains to darken the room. He was going to try and get out but bumped his knee and let out a grunt.

"Im sorry Rasheta Sedai I will leave so you can rest if I can find my way out." He said humorously. "Shows me for not memorizing your room before I closed the curtains." He said as he moved around and rather than the door found the bed. (How disoriented am I?) he thought. Unsure of which side of the bed he found he reached out and touched Rasheta. What part of her he was unsure but he apologized anyways and sat down. "So much for letting you sleep. Ive made enough noise to wake the tower and groped you."

Rasheta closed her eyes and fell into a light doze she woke up slightly when she was put into bed and Dante grabbed her on the head. She laughed sleepily and he said

"So much for letting you sleep. Ive made enough noise to wake the tower and groped you."

She smiled even though she knew Dante couldn't see it. "Its not a problem." She said sleepily. "I just suddenly felt very tired. You can't be expected to know the layout of my room. Although." She added chuckling. "You probably should have tried to clear a path to the door before closing the curtains." She sat up and embraced the source. She used a little of the power to create a ball of light in her hand. She looked around and saw the candles she usually kept lit and used fire to light them. She eyed Dante and said

"What is it you did to make me so tired? And where have you traveled in the world."

As he sat on the side of the bed he looked over at her. The candles only made her more beautiful though he didnt know that would be possible.

"What is it you did to make me so tired? And where have you traveled in the world."

He smiled at her. "Well... it was a massage and you needed one badly. Your body was very obedient to my touch which is why you are tired. I think any little touch I gave you right now would make your head fuzzy." He said as he took her hand and brushed his fingertips up her wrist to the fold in her arm opposite her elbow. He smiled knowing that the touch would trigger whatever it is in the mind that triggers pleasure.

"Where I have been though... I have been on a few trade trips with father. Arad Doman, Shienar, Carihien, and Saldea." The last he said with a chill. "I avoid the farm areas in Saldea because of that trip. My father said that Domani women could charm a king out of his kingdom but I was too young to see that side of them. Saldean women however seem very efficient in guerrilla tactics to ambush and subdue a man they want to bed... sometimes in groups." he stopped the rant remembering that Rasheta was a Domani. While he did like her... a lot... she had not done anything to try and make him feel that. It then occurred to him that might be why he was chosen. "You didnt choose me because you knew I was interested and thought I would be easy to get to do your bidding did you?" as soon as the words were out of his mouth he had realized what he had done. Given out the one secret he was never going to tell her.

He felt as though his heart was going to pound out of his chest as he gently and reluctantly set her hand down. (Hopefully she didnt hear or was nodding off or something!) he thought. An inch at a time began to slide off the bed. With wide eyes he said "Your probably tired... I should let you rest... drink plenty of water." He said a little too fast and out of character for himself.

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Sorry hunni I didn't get to this sooner crap happened

IC:

"Well... it was a massage and you needed one badly. Your body was very obedient to my touch which is why you are tired. I think any little touch I gave you right now would make your head fuzzy."

Rasheta wondered if that was a good idea, especially if they were bonded and she got "fuzzy." She had been drunk once when she had been bonded to Adrian and that had turned out poorly for both of them. She tried to move her arm when Dante went to touch it but couldn't find the energy. She tried to focus on what he was saying to but was finding it hard she did catch.

"I avoid the farm areas in Saldea because of that trip. My father said that Domani women could charm a king out of his kingdom but I was too young to see that side of them. Saldean women however seem very efficient in guerrilla tactics to ambush and subdue a man they want to bed... sometimes in groups."

Rasheta, chuckled softly. Yes her people were always good at doing things like that. Not all of them were so interested and once married they would never be unfaithful, her mother never was although she remembered her using her charms to get what she wanted. Her father had never wanted her to see that kind of thing but he had always been overruled by her mother who had said that Rasheta would learn soon enough. She had a hard time remembering her life before the tower with anything but sadness and the old pain returned now she missed most of what Dante said next but was a little shocked to hear him ask if she had known he was interested and was going to use that as a way to control him. He dropped her hand shortly after and told her to get some sleep. She raised her head and forced herself to wake up a little, she used the power to wrap air around the man at the door and she sat up so she could see him better.

"I didn't know you cared at all." She said quietly and let him go. "I am not as manipulative as some of my sisters, the thought of using myself to get you to obey would never cross my mind." She shook her head. "Or I should say it hadn't till now." She waved her hand at the door. "I suppose you should go to bed if you wish. I will be awake in a few hours I'm sure and if you like we may speak again or you can leave me wherever I fall asleep for the night or day as the case may be." She shook her head again sometimes it just didn't pay to get up in the mornings.

Dante walked out quietly. It was not yet late. He shut Rasheta's door and walked over to the tray of food she insisted he eat. Quietly he ate his meal for once feeling completely alone. Normally something like this wouldnt bother him. He had told her he liked her. So many things could come of that. He looked towards the room he had just filled. He wondered if she would still want to bond him. His heart was racing. He would have to be a stone from now on... cold as ice. Her response only confirmed that his feelings were not returned. (In fact she was as cold as I should be.) he thought to himself.

He made it a point to take the tray to the kitchens himself. He got the appreciative looks he normally got and returned a forced smile. A nod of approval from the Mistress of the Kitchens as well though that was probably more from not taking away another worker to pick up the tray.

He had time to train, meditate, and bathe and was laying on the floor in loose breeches and a loose shirt with the laces undone reading a book about Domani customs when Rasheta walked out of her room. Her posture had improved and she looked rested. He smiled at her. At least there was some part of her life that only he could improve.

"You look much better."

Not wanting to have to hear her tell him she didnt feel the same he wasnt about to bring up what happened in the room. In fact he acted like it never happened. His part was done and at least that was off his shoulders. If someday she did feel the same, after Visar if there ever was an after Visar, she would have to come to him.

Rasheta slept very well, and woke up slowly, it was dark outside now and she knew she hadn't slept through the night. This realization did not suprise her however, she rarely did. She yawned and then sat up and stretched her muscles felt better actually. She wished someone had learned to give her a massage after some of her training sessions with Thera back when she was an accepted. She looked down at herself and chuckled she had not been allowed to change out of her dress so she changed into a sleeping gown and wrapped a shawl around her shoulders and then left the room. She was startled to see Dante out in her sitting room. He gave her a smile and said.

"You look much better."

She nodded and brushed some of her hair out of her face, she realized she was very vulnerable at the moment, she went to a chair and sat down then pulled her legs up and tucked her feet under her. She said "I see you are still awake." She pulled her shawl closer around her and noticed that a book she was reading was close to her. She picked it up and saw it was a "Customs of the Borderlands." She smiled and said

"Hopefully you aren't going to try and keep yourself up as long as I do. I stay up very late. Usually I read." She shrugged and said "Although I guess we could practice with weapons if you like." She added laughing.

Dante put his book on a small table next to hers. He smiled at the irony of choices and sat down at a stuffed chair opposite of the one she was in. He poured two cups of water and pushed one towards her. "We could practice swords." he said. "However what if you are struck in the head and dizzy, or perhaps you are blinded with dirt or worse. If you want to learn to fight with your hands and body then I will teach you. Once you are competent you can fight blind or in the dark that way and if your hands are on your opponent you can figure out where to use the one power to give you an even larger advantage."

It would mean more physical contact but from what he had read about Aes Sedai and after asking middle brother about it it was decided Aes Sedai would benefit from a little hand to hand training.

He walked over to the rug in front of the fireplace. "I will be gentle when I teach you. However later if you wish to learn advanced techniques such as Iron Body that will be an option for you." He waited with a grin. He wasnt going to tell her that it was also one of the most physically exhausting forms of combat and a great work out too. She would know when she slept tonight instead of reading.

Rasheta hadn't actually thought he would take her up on the offer to practice any kind of weapons. When he told her she should learn how to use hands and feet she eyed him seriously and then looked down at herself. She wouldn't say no to a challenge but she didn't know if she wanted broken bones or bruises, and since it was late she really didn't want to wake up a yellow to heal her. She supposed some of the Greens could do it but she really didn't want to wake them. She shook her head, "I was teasing you young man. If you want to show off you are more then welcome to maybe I will pick something up by watching you." She pulled her shawl closer about her and settled herself deeper into the chair she was sitting on.

She propped her chin up on her hand and watched Dante try and figure out what he wanted to do. She remembered that he was attracted to her from the conversation they had earlier. She tilted her head and studied him closely he was handsome, which she had noticed several times before, she also remembered she had thought the same of Visar when she had met him. She still intended to ask Visar to bond her as well but it could wait till after she learned if she could live with Dante. She had no idea what had possessed her to ask Dante first but she had and she didn't regret it. She flicked her eyes to the swords crossed on her walls. "Oh Adrian." She thought "Help me heal from your loss. Maybe this Dante is someone good at heart like you were." She looked back at the young man and said something totally out of character for her.

"Dante would you do me a favor and kiss me?" As soon as the words were out of her mouth her eyes widened in shock. "I'm sorry." She got out "You don't have to. I was just curious about something, please tell me something about your time in the tower. Anything you like or ask a question. You are my warder soon you should know anything you wish."

Dante thought for a moment on what exactly he could show her that would actually help her understand. He considered for a moment getting another warder to help demonstrate. He was debating on basic starting positions when Rasheta sprung her question on him.

His jaw dropped. He shook his head in disbelief. She quickly tried to cover it up. He approached her slowly. "My time in the Tower... where to begin?" She relaxed which was exactly what he wanted. He didnt want the first and possibly last kiss to be one where she was completely cold and stunned.

He didnt break eye contact. Instead he walked slowly to where her and the other chair was. Doubt played across her face. There would be a moment of shock when she realized he wasnt going to sit down and talk about his time in the Tower... well not yet anyways, but it would make it all that much more memorable.

He kneeled down in front of her to one knee and took her chin in his hand to raise her face as she was looking down and then closed his eyes and allowed their lips to meet. The hand that had been on her chin brushed lightly across her cheek and down her neck. He wasnt eager or nervous about it but instead did it as though he had been doing it for years. He wasnt sure who backed off first. She had asked for a kiss though and he was nothing if not thorough about fulfilling her request. He was still stunned for a moment after and did not rise. If this wasnt his best, it was certainly his favorite so far.

Rasheta watched as Dante came and knelt down in front of her. She was pretty sure she knew he was going to do as she had asked but she was still surprised when he actually kissed her. She let herself get lost in it for a moment before she felt guilty and pulled away.

Dante remained where he was and watched her watch him for a moment. She could tell he wasn't sorry about fulfilling her request and she was feeling slightly guilty for first enjoying the kiss and second encouraging it. She should be angry and she pulled her shawl around herself and said. "Please go back to your chair. I am sorry I asked for the kiss it was uncalled for." She ducked her head and traced invisible patterns on her dress trying to avoid eye contact. If this had been anywhere else but her sitting room she would probably have run away as it was she would have to see him eventually, she would get over her embarrassment.

"So about your time here. Did you like it or hate it? Learn anything important? Make any friends?" She was just grasping at anything to change the subject now. She wasn't tired or she would probably have run to her room.

She was trying to change the subject again. Trying to pretend that what had just happened never happened. Dante nodded understandingly and sat down at the chair. "Visar is my friend, Sandre's girlfriend Edana is my friend. Loraine Sedai as well... I think." Relaxing back in the chair he saw the look of guilt on her face slowly leave. He felt his heart break a bit at being forced away so quickly. (Perhaps... that is what I need to get rid of these feelings.) he thought.

"I liked the training...the physical part at least. I fall asleep in class rooms so the instructors would take me out side and make me work out... until they figured out that was what I wanted. I learned a lot but Sandre has been stuffing more knowledge down my head when I told him I may be a warder..."

(Like the flame and the void.. so you and Visar will not have to worry about how I feel about you.) he thought to himself.

He looked into the fire a moment. They couldnt completely ignore what had just happened. "Do not be sorry you asked... just dont feel guilty about it when you do... you have no reason to be."

Not wanting to face her for fear his heart would break further he continued to stare into the fire.

"Do not be sorry you asked... just dont feel guilty about it when you do... you have no reason to be."

Rasheta paused tracing patterns into her skirt and looked up at Dante. She knew she had told him about the problems with her emotions being engaged she was as she had told his brother, a broken woman. It would take much to heal herself and even more for her to be able to stop feeling like she was betraying something when she knew she wasn't. Adrian would never want her to stay lonely he would encourage her to move on. She did feel a little guilty that Dante was clearly a little upset and she recalled that he liked her more then he should or so he had said while she was falling asleep. She took a deep breath and stood up going to Dante and forcing him to look at him. She remembered that by the three oaths she could not lie. She generally forgot that one since she had no reason to lie to her sisters and she rarely left the tower. She couldn't tell Dante anything but the truth and she wasn't sure that would help but she made him stare at her anyway and she said softly.

"You knew before how wounded I was. I am sorry if I did anything to make you upset or hurt. Do not turn away from me. When you are bonded to me I will know right away if you are hurt by anything I say. It is always better to speak then to try and hide it. I am not an uncaring Aes Sedai and I take care of those around me." She remembered he had brought up Visar and she shook her head and dropped to her knees so she was eye level with Dante.

"You seem to think all of my concerns revolve around Visar. I like him, I do wish for him to be bonded to me but that doesn't mean I can't also like you and wish for the same. I do not know why you persist in thinking I can only give attention to one person." She shook her head adding.

"Besides, I thought you kissed very well and why would I want to pass that up. Even if I do have some things to work through." She was teasing him now and she hoped he could tell. It was hard to keep things light but she stood back up and went back toward her chair saying. "Its your right you should ask me about anything you like unless you wish to retire. I will not detain you."

Dante raised an eyebrow when she dropped down in front of him. His mind went to the gutter again but he fought it. He should have known she would react with guilt to her request but he had hoped that would do... something for her. Taking the water and drinking down the entire glass he felt better. "Take all the time you need... I am not sure what use I will be to you for that but... if it helps then I will do what you wish."

He turned to look at her with a smile on his face. He already had made her feel better. Physically at least. Twice now he had touched her, twice she had enjoyed it. He hoped someday she might crave his touch as much as he craved hers. (Unless I manage to disconnect first.) He poured more water for himself and caught his reflection in the pitcher. How he cared for her. Yet the hate she had for him in his initial meeting with her still came back to haunt him. A rain cloud over what had already been the best day he had had since he came to the Tower. (Am I healing you for him?) he said as he looked up from the pitcher. He would wait for answers. They would come soon he was sure.

"However I need to know what I am up against... will you tell me about him?"

"However I need to know what I am up against... will you tell me about him?"

Rasheta started in surprise and then nodded pushing her hair out of her face. Dante had a right to know and Visar did too if and when she bonded him. She settled into the chair to get more comfortable and then started on her narrative.

"Adrian was," she paused looking for the right words "A good man." she settled on and then laughed "no that's not even the half of it. I should start at the beginning. When I was an Accepted I went down to the training yards because I wanted to learn to fight, Thera taught me and while she was I met Adrian. We got into a horrible fight and I ended up tying him up with air and leaving him till one of the Greens or other Aes Sedai found him." She laughed adding "he got me back for that later by putting ants in my room in the Accepted quarters I'm not actually sure how he found which room was mine and how he snuck into the Accepted halls. Anyway that was how we started. Later we came to terms with each other and I bonded him. Later we." She paused and said carefully.

"Well we married it is almost unheard of for any Aes Sedai to do that as she outlives her warders but when you love someone as much as Adrian and I did it seemed the natural thing to do." She shrugged and then continued.

"he was with me through many trials, I found out my mother had died before I had seen her again and I had promised her before coming to the tower I would see her again. I fell into a dark depression for a year or so and Adrian never left me even though I knew it was hard for him." She tilted her head thinking. "I'm not sure why he stayed really. I told him once that he could leave and I would even transfer the bond but he never did. The room you occupy he stayed in some nights when I was to upset to allow him to stay with me. He decorated it his own way. He convinced me to go with him to the borderlands and for a good two years I believe it was. We fought in the blight." She sighed then and told herself her new warder of course had the right to know everything and it was no good to keep everything to herself. She no longer saw the room really she could see the blight again in her minds eye as she spoke.

"I lost him fighting in the blight I wasn't even able to save his body from the corruption. He died to allow me and the other members of the small party we were with to get away safely. I remember little of the years following that. When an Aes Sedai loses her warder it is hard for them most do not seek death like the warders do when they lose there Aes Sedai. However, I do remember that I sought death and I would have found it to if one of my sister Greens had not been visiting the borderlands while I was there. She dragged me back to the tower and saved my life. I have been here since, mourning the loss of a love. I cannot stay mourning however, the last battle is coming and I will need the protection and help of a warder or two. I also know its impossible for me to keep grieving the loss of a man I loved. He would want me to heal and move on. So I am now trying to do that." she came back to herself and focused on the room and looked at Dante.

"I am sorry I have spoken to much, but that's the story of myself and Adrian. He was a great man who didn't shy away from my temper or dark days. I could not have asked for a better first warder but I think my next ones will be just as good." She added smiling, "Just be warned of my temper and my occasional lapses into dark and moody days. Where did you learn to use hands and feet?" She asked curious she had heard of the skill but it wasn't something that was used much that she knew.

Dante listened patiently as Rasheta told the tale of her first warder and the source of all her pain. When she mentioned he was also a husband Dante sighed. The feelings of love he had struggled with for so long dulled. He was no replacement for a husband and a bonded and he never would be. Strangely he felt as though he had just gone through a break up. He had not had too many of those. He was very very picky about women. At least women he gave his heart to.

"So that explains it then." He nodded. Guilt settled over him though he was determined not to wear it on his face. "I am sorry for your loss Rasheta Sedai... I would trade places with him if I could."

He meant what he said. One Warder would not make much of a difference exchanged for another. A husband was irreplaceable however. He reached across the table and took her hand in his. He had never touched her without permission but if she didnt want him to well... she would just have to tell him so. It was compassion that drove him to break the rules as it was. Not wanting to press his luck though he let go. She was not against ordering him for attention so he figured to wait until she did. Instead he went to his room and pulled out a small leather pouch of tea leaves and returned to the main room to set about boiling water. She didnt ask what he was doing but instead watched. When all was prepared he poured the odd green colored tea for her and pushed the small thick cup towards her with a large smile on his face.

"Not sure if you had this before." He said as he poured his own. "I cant stand it unless its hot... I have more... Im not a huge tea drinker... mostly due to lack of time in my days but since you spend a lot of nights up I think It was a good thing I bought the supply I did."

He pulled his chair in front of hers so he could face her. "He was a lucky man to have your heart... I suppose he still is. I am sorry I was not trying to offend your memory of him with my own feelings for you. I will have them in control so that you may have a normal non love struck warder by the time you are ready to bond." That wasnt going to be easy since the woman haunted his dreams. Sometimes reliving things they had already done, sometimes dreaming of things that had not happened.

Refilling both their cups he couldnt help but yearn as she put it to her lips. "I wish to help you heal Rasheta Sedai... no matter what that takes. How may I serve you?" Likely he was not going to like some of the things that would be asked of him... but looking into her eyes his heart raced, and he didnt care.