DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Maps

Beli Tsar

RJ usually had a few city/land maps in the other 11 novels, but there's still several places that we've never seen any for (Namely Tear and Ilian which always struck me as odd). Has anyone heard any word on whether RJ drew some up with the intention of adding them to AMOL, or is Brandon planning to do so (perhaps have someone else do them for him), or will it be something that is lacking in these final 3 volumes?

I know RJ's time left was short and he most likely was far more concerned with actual writing, but it seems likely to me that the maps had been drawn up a long time back and he was just holding off on putting them into the books yet.

RJ usually had a few city/land maps in the other 11 novels, but there's still several places that we've never seen any for (Namely Tear and Ilian which always struck me as odd). Has anyone heard any word on whether RJ drew some up with the intention of adding them to AMOL, or is Brandon planning to do so (perhaps have someone else do them for him), or will it be something that is lacking in these final 3 volumes?

I know RJ's time left was short and he most likely was far more concerned with actual writing, but it seems likely to me that the maps had been drawn up a long time back and he was just holding off on putting them into the books yet.

Those cities were mapped for the RPG. Pretty good, but the Stone should be on the southern edge of the city IIRC.

Tear

Tear.jpg

Illian

width=345 height=480http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/Tim811/IllianMap.jpg[/img]

A couple of absolutely awesome maps of Caemyln here.

Too large to do anything but link to.

Caemlyn under Siege

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zLF7UMyLc_E/Sc1BtDsxj9I/AAAAAAAAAbo/zsXiK9xWp7Y/s1600-h/ANDOR_CAEMLYN_001.jpg

Elayne's rescue

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zLF7UMyLc_E/Sc1Aqpa3-dI/AAAAAAAAAbg/3QyDtXvxNMM/s1600-h/ANDOR_CAEMLYN_002.jpg

They are well drawn but that's not how I imagined the Stone to look. I imagined a solid fortress structure, not a wall with an inner city going on.

That's what I had always figured to since Perrin keeps comparing it to a mountain and it'd add to the sense of it being impregnable, but then I remembered that Rand got in there by scaling the wall, albeit a monstrously large wall, and I could've sworn I read at some point that you  can just make out the tops of towers above the wall. Which when you think of how tall those towers tend to be would lend credit to the overwhelming size of the wall.

They are well drawn but that's not how I imagined the Stone to look. I imagined a solid fortress structure, not a wall with an inner city going on.

I don't think that that inner city is level with the rest of the city. It's likely set on top of a couple of hundred yards of stone.

Well Mat had to blow a hole into the side of the place to get in so I am guessing Rand did something similar if not exactly like that. I just imagined a structure a bit like Jabba's palace though without all the Tech obviously.

Archived