DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Band of the Red Hand in TGS

Charlz Guybon

I think the theory that Mat will send the band to Caemlyn to help Elayne or get help from Elayne is wrong. By the time he gets into Andor, he'll know that she has the throne and won't need any help. For the other, when has Mat ever asked for Aes Sedai help? It's almost always nearly the other way around. Elayne doesn't need another army on Andoran soil, especially one with the reputation of being Dragonsworn.

If and that's a big if, the contingent of the Band that is heading towards Whitebridge instead of Four Kings, Mat will simply meet up with it and two of the following will occur: Mat goes with the Band to the Tower of Ghenjei or goes to the Tower with his "little group." Apparently, it's only 10 days north of Whitebridge (http://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=Tower_of_Ghenjei) and for the Band, that's about four days. For Mat and his group that's maybe six depending on Thom's urgency.

I would prefer him going with the full Band as what happens in the Tower will be drastic for Mat. Mat often talks about how he would give up his memories of other lives to have his own filled, yet he also says that without those memories, he wouldn't be the leader of the Band. One theory I have is that the Finns will take Mat's memories since he "broke" their agreement. It'd be incredible to see him walk out of the Tower or however you get out of that place, and then tell the Band of the Red Hand that their "luck" is gone. It would also be cool if he was still a great general without the memories, but I doubt the Finns will take his memories. Plus, going to the Tower with the band brings him closer to the Two Rivers and Perrin, allowing two of the ta'avern to sync up.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived