DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

White Lightning *Attn Rasheta* Battle Weaves

Jaydena

Leaving her quarters Jaydena headed toward the Green Ajah Practice field, she was on her way to teach a battle weaves class, something she felt she had done so many times she could do blindfolded. Though it never paid to get to arrogant with the use of the Power. Walking down the back steps she made her way through the maze that led to the practice field for the greens, a large field enclosed on all sides with a 15 foot, 5 foot thick stone wall, she opened the gate and stepped into the area. She looked around to make sure she was alone in the area and stood still for a moment, enjoying the early morning light, the smell of the dew on the grass. She listened to the trees overhead and their leaves stirring in the small breeze and gave herself that moment of solitutude before the ratrace of the day. Focusing her attentions back on what she was doing she jogged over to the shed area, she had already been working out since before dawn and her muscles felt like well oiled machine. With her key she opened the shed and took out the straw filled trolloc shaped dummies and began to set them out through the field.

Gazing around she suddenly saw the new recruit walking through the gate, she nodded at the young woman, and began to speak, "Today and in the days to follow you will be learning Air weaves, we will do each element for as long as needed and then you will ask for acceptance into our ajah again." Giving the girl a grim smile she said, "I suppose you are ready to start?" Seeing her nod she said, "Well then let's begin." Embracing the source she turned to the woman and said, "This weave is a fairly easy weave and could easily be done by most sisters in the tower, in this weave we use Spirit to strengthen it. The higher you are in Air the sharper the weave will be. Now watch closely the weave we are about to do is called the Air Razor. Very effective for slicing off Trolloc heads."

Pulling out a thread of air she quickly wove the thread together with weaves of spirit using far more air in the weave, she sharpened the weave until it reached razor sharpness and then gave it a push with Air and watched as it neatly sliced through the straw trollocs she had set up a few moments ago. Turning back to the girl she said, "Now think about how effective that would be against a fist of Trollocs and try to realize why we must temper you like a great sword." Nodding her head at Rasheta she said, "I will show you the weave one more time and then it will be your turn to practice them." This time when she wove the Air Razor she went at a slower pace so the new sister could see her exact thread placement. Sending the air razor off once more she stepped back and motioned for the other woman to begin...

Jaydena Sedai

OOC: Air Razor (Air 2, Skill 7) – Higher strength in Air means blade is harder; higher skill, edge is sharper.

Rasheta woke up early the next morning remembering the walk through the halls the night before and all the sisters she had met. Jaydena was going to show her battle weaves today and Rasheta wanted to be on time for that. She didn't want to dissapoint her Ajah head on her first day in the Ajah. She dressed quickly and then braided her hair down her back quickly as she could.

Then she went to the Green pratice grounds, at first she thought she was earlier then Jaydena but then she saw her and they nodded to each other. Then Jaydena spoke to her in a authoritive voice.

"Today and in the days to follow you will be learning Air weaves, we will do each element for as long as needed and then you will ask for acceptance into our ajah again. I suppose you are ready to start?"

Rasheta smiled with no humor in it. "Of course Aes Sedai." Rasheta was more then ready. She wanted nothing more then to be through this and give her second petition asking for acceptance within the Ajah which would be her home.

"This weave is a fairly easy weave and could easily be done by most sisters in the tower, in this weave we use Spirit to strengthen it. The higher you are in Air the sharper the weave will be. Now watch closely the weave we are about to do is called the Air Razor. Very effective for slicing off Trolloc heads."

Rasheta nodded her head and then waited till she was allowed to pratice. She spent over an hour trying to get the weave just right. Air was one of the elements she was good with and she was upset that it took her as long as it did to prefect it. Then again she wanted to be the best with the weaves so the Greens would not think she was slacking. When she was finally done she turned to look at Jaydena "How is that? Should we move on?"

OOC: For some reason my bio doesn't have my OP scores or anything so i'm going off my limited memory of my scores...sooooo I THINK air was something that was good *laughs* But I can't remember for sure.

Air 2

When she believed the girl had practiced for a sufficcent amount of time she stepped forward and said, “Now we will be learning our second air weave of the day, the weave is called Air Club, the club is a fairly simple weave but yet again deadly to our enemies. Each sister weaves their club differently, some choose to make it wide and short, some long and thin. Whatever works best for you is what you should do.” Embracing the source she wove a strange shape of air and then began to walk closer to her trolloc target. As she walked she began to talk, “The Air Club is a useful weapon in that it can be used to knock our opponent out if we have no need to kill them. It can however be used as a killing weapon if aimed correctly.” She reached the target and sent the club floating above her head at the Trolloc, she grinned as the Trollocs head crumbled into a heap. Turning back to the women in front of her she said, “This is a good weave if you need to face a single enemy and for whatever reason knock them out, maybe for questioning or to be sentenced. I want you to practice this weave until you have perfected it, when you are done we will break for lunch before moving on to the next weave in the series.”

Moving to the trolloc she did the best to repair his head and then walked over to the sidelines to watch her student practice and to answer any questions she might have. Taking a seat she saw her warder walking up with a two picnic baskets full of food, she grinned at the woman and the motioned for her to come over. She took a seat next to her as they watched the girl in front of them practice the Air Club. Jade was happy with her progress so far and looked forward to seeing how she developed into a green sister. Some women couldn’t handle their first battle, they ran away, sometimes women even went crazy, or killed themselves. She only hoped that this young woman had prepared herself throughout the years for what she would face as a sister. Being a green was in so many ways harder than any other ajah, to lose and lose again and still stay strong was not an easy feat for anyone...

Ooc- The club looks like an icecream cone, to qoute Taya Sedai. Air Club (Air 1, Skill 4)

Jaydena

http://www.aliciawilkerson.com/whitetower/?page_id=7

Just scroll down to your name sweetie! *G*

Rasheta watched as Jaydena proceeded to the next weave something called the Air club. Rasheta looked at the weave as Jaydena demonstrated it. The club looked much like a cone she could see why it was called the Air club. Jaydena explained the uses of the weave.

This is a good weave if you need to face a single enemy and for whatever reason knock them out, maybe for questioning or to be sentenced. I want you to practice this weave until you have perfected it, when you are done we will break for lunch before moving on to the next weave in the series.”

Rasheta nodded and waited for her teacher to do whatever she was going to do to the Trolloc they were praticing on. When Jaydena moved away and nodded to her Rasheta started the weave. It was a little easier this time around because she was more used to working with the power, maybe the first weave hadn't been as easy because she had been a little tired. She wasn't sure but she threw herself into the training and repeatidly knocked over the Trolloc, instead of waiting for Jaydena she simply used air to pick up her training tool and start the Air club again. After what felt like several hours she was allowed to stop. She wondered if she would have to go and get her lunch much like she had when she was a Novice and Accepted or if she would be allowed to send someone for it. She nodded to Jaydena and said. "I see why you are called the Battle Ajah and we have only done two weaves. I feel tired already." She shook her head. "I will not fail and i'm sure this will get easier the more I pratice with it." She smiled as best she could and added. "Should we eat lunch here or in the White Tower." 

ooc- Your doing great!

Air 3

I see why you are called the Battle Ajah and we have only done two weaves. I feel tired already." She glanced up sharply at the woman and made sure she didn't look like she would fall over. "I will not fail and i'm sure this will get easier the more I pratice with it. Should we eat lunch here or in the White Tower." Jaydena decided that Rasheta was so tired she couldn't go on and and decided they could continue, she smiled and pointed to the blanket on the ground as well as the meal all set up. "My gaidar has set up our meal for us here, so we should eat here, it's relaxing and I often find that going back to the Tower during Battle Weaves can be distracting. You can't afford to get distracted and neither can I." Jade motioned for Rasheta to sit down and then took a seat herself, she watched as the young woman began to load her plate up with food and could only imagine how the recruit felt, she had been exhausted after her first battle weaves session and had fallen into bed fully clothed at the end of it. Jade shook herself out of her thoughts and began to load her own plate up with her lunch, when she was done she began to eat and kept a close watch on the woman across from her for signs of fatigue. Before long they had finished their meal and it appeared that she was capable of channeling still, so Jade stood and said,

“Are you ready to do the final battle weave of the day?” Hearing Rasheta's answer she walked away from their lunch knowing that her warder would pick it up for she was always a helpful warder. She headed over to the practice yard and reaching the correct area she said, “We will be learning something called a Air Shield, this is the first weave we have learned that is a protective weave and not a attack weave.” She embraced the source and wove the dome around herself, once the dome was tyed off she said, “This is the Air Shield, I want you to attack it the best that you can. See how you can undo it. Not necessarily with Air, but with whatever you can throw at it. It will weaken eventually, but I am sure that you will see it is a very sturdy weave. With proper maintenance it can hold through many hours of battle.” Jade watched as Rasheta hesitated at attacking the weave with it around her, but finally her student tried to break the dome down after many attacks the weave began to crumble.

Holding her hand up to show Rasheta to hold off on the attack weaves, she dropped the weave for a moment and spoke, “Rasheta, did you notice how it is crumpling in on itself. This is because I’m not repairing the weave or maintaining it, because I tied it off, it is relying upon itself.” Seeing that the recruit understood she said, “Now I want you to make the weave and tie it off, I will begin to attack your weave. When it begins to fall apart I want you to weave it again but this time I want you to maintain and repair it as we practice. I would like you to see the difference it can make it the amount of time your weave will hold. To repair the weave you will ned to feed strength into it whenever it begin to fall apart.” Nodding at her student she instructed her to start weaving the protective weave. She began to attack the weave and waited to see what would happen…

Jaydena Sedai

Ooc- Air Shield (Air 4, Skill 4). This one requires less skill than Air Razor, but greater strength with Air than both previous Air weaves we did. Remember to end this part as though you have spent all week practicing differe Air Weaves, then the next week will start with the next element and last all week as well.

“We will be learning something called a Air Shield, this is the first weave we have learned that is a protective weave and not a attack weave.” She embraced the source and wove the dome around herself, once the dome was tyed off she said, “This is the Air Shield, I want you to attack it the best that you can. See how you can undo it. Not necessarily with Air, but with whatever you can throw at it. It will weaken eventually, but I am sure that you will see it is a very sturdy weave. With proper maintenance it can hold through many hours of battle.”

Rasheta nodded and waited for Jaydena to allow her to begin. SHe begin with simple fireballs and used the Air razor and Air club she had learned after awhile the shield begain to weaken and crumple in on itself. She eyed Jaydena curiously and her head of Ajah explained.

“Rasheta, did you notice how it is crumpling in on itself. This is because I’m not repairing the weave or maintaining it, because I tied it off, it is relying upon itself.” Seeing that the recruit understood she said, “Now I want you to make the weave and tie it off, I will begin to attack your weave. When it begins to fall apart I want you to weave it again but this time I want you to maintain and repair it as we practice. I would like you to see the difference it can make it the amount of time your weave will hold. To repair the weave you will ned to feed strength into it whenever it begin to fall apart.”

Rasheta nodded and began the weave and then tied it off as she did Jaydena began to attack it. Rasheta had to fix it after awhile and then again and again. After a long time of this Rasheta was allowed to leave with the air weaves all stuck in her head it was something she would need to pratice for the rest of the week till Jaydena was ready for her at the start of the following week. She fell asleep that night dreaming of how to do the different weaves.

Over the course of the next week she spent many hours working on the Air weaves she had learned, sometimes one of the other sisters would come and watch and correct her if she was doing something wrong and sometimes she was on her own. She never stopped working till it was dark out and then she went to bed so tired sometimes she wondered that she would ever wake in the  morning. What made the week harder was she was also expected to learn more about the tower and do other duties as a new Aes Sedai. Finally on a cool morning at the begining of the next week she went back to the training grounds and found Jaydena waiting for her. She had forgotten that today she was to start another lesson. She nodded to the Head of Ajah and said "good morning. I am ready to start something new."

Earth 1

Jaydena walked down to the training field in her favorite work out clothing, she hadn’t felt like mcuh like wearing a dress today so she was wearing a pair of tight black breeches with embroidered vines up the side seams, knee high emerald green boots, a tight rear length green vest and a billowy lace cuffed pale green shirt. It wasn't a dress kind of day, with the erratic winds and occasional sprinkle. She had added a jaunty hat green velvet hat  to her head with a emerald brooch on it for the fun of it and was carrying her staff of rank, with the leaves twining down it. Heading down into the yard she saw that her student was already on the scene, in fact practicing the Air weaves she had learned the week before, as she approached she gave her a nod of respect. Rasheta was doing very well, she was already getting reports of her dedication and passion from many of her members and the fact that she stood here doing weaves was just a further sign of her dedication. The girl nodded in return to her and spoke, "Good morning. I am ready to start something new." She smiled at her and then spoke, “Good morning to you Rasheta, you are doing well. If you are indeed ready to begin, let's get started on the days practice. Today we will being working on Earth weaves, for the next while we will be concentrating on these weaves, until you can do them in your sleep and feel the need to mutter about them behind my back, hating me for being such a taskmaster and making you do them. Some of these weaves may be hard for you to do if your not strong in earth, if you need an angreal please by all means ask, I have one on my person that I brought for you. It is not a weakness in soul to be weak in Earth, it's a man's element and it's not normal for a woman to be strong in it."

Walking farther into the field with Rasheta at her side she continued, “The weave we will be learning today is, Riven Earth the use of this weave is to rend the earth around or in front of an enemy, it can be used as a excellent distraction when you need to gain time to retreat.” Embracing the source she faced the open part of the field and wove a arrow shaped weave with a slight amount of spirit and reinforced with fire at the tip, without the fire it would have had disasterous effects on the ground it hit. Once the weave was formed she sent it off with a quick burst of air and watched as it hit the targeted ground and explod the ground it hit. Turning back to the student she smiled and said, “Well your weave may not cause that kind of damage since I’m one of the strongest Aes Sedai in earth currently within the Towers but none the less it will do the job required of it.”

Stepping back from Rasheta she waited for her to begin practicing the weave, walking over to the wall with her long and graceful stride she squatted down and looked the girl over. She was doing well there was no doubt about, however she has seen more than one woman act confident through their battle weaves and then get themselves killed the first time they were on the field of battle. Sighing she stood up and headed over to the shed where she pulled out some more straw Trollocs. When she was finished she wove a air cushion and tyed it off before sitting on it to observe her recruit doing her best to become one of her dedicated green sisters. Reaching into the bag she had brought with she pulled out a glass bottle, with a cork in the top, wrapped in cloth to keep it warm, full of hot chocolate and began to drink out of it...

Jaydena Sedai

OOC: Riven Earth requires Earth 2, Fire 2, Skill 7.

Jaydena started speaking about the newest set of weaves they would learn. It was all Earth weaves, Rasheta enjoyed working most with Fire and Earth weaves she wasn't overly strong in either but that didn't mean she didn't enjoy them. Jaydena spoke of needing an angreal and Rasheta sighed, she hoped she wouldn't need one but it was possible with Earth and Fire. She didn't speak yet though and simply watched Jaydena did the next weave. It was called Riven earth and she watched the ground explode where the weave touched. She blinked and gave a shudder of surprise when the ground exploded she hadn't been expecting it but she tried not to show anything else she was working for approval showing she had been surprise or startled would probably be a mark against her.

“Well your weave may not cause that kind of damage since I’m one of the strongest Aes Sedai in earth currently within the Towers but none the less it will do the job required of it.”

She nodded and tried the weave once without the angreal that Jaydena had offered. While it could be done without the angreal she was pretty sure that if she used it the weave would be much more impressive. She asked for the angreal then and kept trying the weave over and over again. She could see out of the corner of her eye that Jaydena was drinking something while she was watching Rasheta. Rasheta paused in her weaving for a moment and smiled at the antics of the Captain General. She couldn't say why the sight of the fearless Ajah head sitting drinking something amused her but it did. Maybe it was simply the image of the fearless captain general doing something so normal. She shook herself and went back to her weaving for what was a few more hours before she was stopped so she could learn something new. 

Earth 2

When the recruit was done she released the weave hoding her cushion and headed over to the young Sedai, checking her face for any signs of fatigue she decided the girl was doing as well as could be expected and began the next weave. Nodding to the Rasheta she began to speak, “The next weave we will be working on is called Grenade, as you will I am sure, this weave can be very effective in the correct environment. I have used this many times during a fierce battle, not only does it inflict pain it is also a great distraction when dealing stupid trollocs. The Fades don't fall for it but that's fine, we have other way's to deal with them.” A fierce gleam lit her eyes as she thought of past battles and the smell of blood and death. Looking back at Rasheta she cleared her throat and pushed the thoughts of the long ago days out of her mind.

Reaching for the source she used her talent for delving and delved into the earth until she found the kind of rock she was looking for, she also noticed large areas of water and other minerals near it. Her talent could be very useful at times and she had even used it to find gems and gold for the White Tower many times in the past. Pulling the rock out of the ground she pulled it back toward her and then began to weave threads of Earth and Fire into it to form the intial charge, then making a fine net of earth she wove it completely around the rock and matched it up with the inner threads. The rock began to glow with a slight red and brown, several colors of that hue and began to emit a crackling noise that meant the weave was ready to be sent forth.

Shooting it as far as she could with a thread of air she watched with a sense of satisfaction as it exploded into many pieces, shooting rock bits in every directions. Looking out onto the field she smiled and remembered her own Battle Weaves with her ajah head Mandi Sedai, to say that she had been looking forward to the earth section of battle weaves would have been a major understatement. The class had been exciting and had made her even more sure of the choice she made so long, to become a Green and to fight the shadow until she died doing it. Turning back to her student she said, “Isn’t it great being a Green?” She chuckled at the womans response and then instructed her to begin. Nodding her head in satisfaction as she saw Rasheta begin to try the weave, she headed back over to the wall to watch her practice...

Jaydena Sedai

Ooc- Grenade (Earth 2, Fire 2, Skill 8)

Rasheta watched as Jaydena's eyes took on a strange gleam, she wasn't sure what it ment but the look was intense. Maybe someday when she taught a new sister these classes she would have that same look. As it was she simply was determined to prove herself and she watched all of Jaydena's weaves and movements. She had to smile when the weave was compleated and it exploded. Yes she could very easily see it being a very useful weave against Trollocs. Jaydena spoke to her then in a rather cheery voice.

“Isn’t it great being a Green?”

Rasheta laughed and answered "Yes Jaydena, I look forward to becoming one for real as soon as I can." Jaydena nodded and then left her to try the weave. Rasheta thanked the light she had a little help from the angreal that Jaydena had given her, while Earth and Fire weaves were her favorite elements to work with she wasn't overly strong in them, which made her slightly sad. She shook herself inwardly and focused on what she was doing, the weave had to be as perfect as she could get it. She was satisfied when the ground exploded over and over when she compleated the weave. Things couldn't have been more fun for her. She only stopped when Jaydena appeared at her side, presumably to teach her something new.

• 2 weeks later...

Earth 3

When Rasheta was done with that weave she stepped foward and looked over the damage done to the field. She reached into the ground with her talent again and delved, feeling for cracks and fissures, she straigtened the ground out as best she could and turned to Rasheta so they could move to the next weave, “This weave is known as Pitfall and requires a marginally greater strength in Earth than the last two weaves. Basically it amounts to creating a hole in the ground. Your ability and strength determines how big that hole will end up.” Embracing the source she quickly wove a narrow net of earth, strengthening it with Spirit on the surface of the ground in front of her. She let the weave settle and then pinched the middle of it downwards, into an arrow point. The ground began to fall in toward the weave and was very strong because of her strength in Earth. Jade tried not to cough as the dust rose up into the air around them.

Once the dirt has settled you could clearly see a large pit in the place her weave had settled, she smiled as she gazed down into her hole and said, “Sisters methods of weaving are as different as the sisters themselves, and sometimes the weaves are almost unrecognizable in the way they are laid down. Yet they all have the essential properties of the Pitfall weave. The Earth reinforced with Fire, the middle of the weave being the strongest point and so being the point best suited to drilling into the earth… and so on.” She turned away from the hole and said, “I didn’t use my full strength on this weave for I could have torn the ground in front of us apart and that wouldn’t have done at all. I think you can imagine how this could be used in battle. You may begin now, again if you need a angreal I will lend you one.” She headed over to her bag with the angreal inside and waited for the new recruit to begin...

OOC: Pitfall requires Earth 3 and Skill 5.

Jaydena Sedai

“This weave is known as Pitfall and requires a marginally greater strength in Earth than the last two weaves. Basically it amounts to creating a hole in the ground. Your ability and strength determines how big that hole will end up.”

Rasheta was very interested in this weave, she thought it would be a good skill to have if you had to go to the borderlands and were fighting many different things at once. If she was ever in the borderlands she would have to remember to bring an angreal with her so she could use these most interesting Earth weaves. Rasheta watched as Jaydena showed her the weave, Rasheta was impressed with the skill with which her Ajah head preformed these weaves and the power behind them. She only hoped she wouldn't let Jaydena and the other Greens down. Jaydena then told her

“I didn’t use my full strength on this weave for I could have torn the ground in front of us apart and that wouldn’t have done at all. I think you can imagine how this could be used in battle. You may begin now, again if you need a angreal I will lend you one.”

Rasheta again borrowed the angreal from her Ajah head and set to work learning this new weave. It took her awhile to get used to weaving it and keeping the weave doing what she wanted. She was disgusted with herself for not being able to handle the earth weaves as well as she would want. She hated sometimes that she was a woman using the power because the Fire and Earth weaves were so much more enjoyable to do then Air and water. She focused on the pitfall weave however, and after awhile she could handle it better. When she was stopped again she simply waited patiently for the next weave to be taught if there was one or if she was to be dismissed for a week to practice all the weaves she already knew in preparation for the next set of elements.

Fire 1

Jaydena headed down to the practice field, today they would be beginning Fire and she was looking forward to it, although she was average in strength with fire she had a great respect for the element and after many battles knew how it could best be used in battle. Reaching the field she saw that Rasheta had not yet arrived, she took a seat on an Air cushion and waited for her student to arrive. She saw the woman heading toward her and she gave a quick nod of approval before speaking, “Today and for the next two weeks we are learning about Fire weaves, if at any time you need an angreal feel free to ask. As you know fire is not normally a element strong in women and I in fact need a angreal to complete the weaves. The first weave we will be learning is the fireball.”

She took the angreal she held in her hand and began to draw the power through it, once she had fully embraced the source she began to weave a ball of fire threads, the ball was a glowing red and she could feel the heat radiating off it as she stood near it. The power coursed through her as it linked her to the ball and she smiled at the pure glory of such power. Reaching out she warmed her hands on the ball in front of it as she checked it to make sure it would fly correctly. With the checks completed on the giant fireball she looked back at Rasheta and spoke, "Now watch closely so you can do it next."

Giving the ball a quick push with threads of air, she watched with detrmination as it flew away and hit the ground across the field. Turning to Rasheta she said, “This can be a very difficult weave so if you need me to show you again please let me know.” She waited for her answer and then headed over to the wall to watch her student try the weave...

Ooc- Fireball (Air 2, Fire 4, Skill 13) – sphere of Fire, size varying with strength in Fire, distance it travels varying with strength in Air. Your classic battle weave.

Jaydena Mckanthur

“This can be a very difficult weave so if you need me to show you again please let me know.”

Rasheta nodded and asked to be shown the weave again. She probably didn't need it but it couldn't hurt to be prepared. She would also need the angreal again just to be prepared, she waited till Jaydena allowed her to try the weaves and then started her practice.

The last few weeks she had spent learning Earth and Air weaves and she had spent considerable time on the practice grounds training for them. She would be, hopefully soon, furthering her studies on the Warders grounds, all in all she knew she was going to be very busy for the next weeks, months, or even years. She was restless to get this over with but she knew that hurrying herself would not be good she needed time to get the weaves down properly, she rather liked this Fire weave and not for the first, or last time, she wished she was a man and had better strength in this and Earth, wishing would not change anything as her mother always said so she focused on doing what she could with the power she had.

When she was done she waited silently for the next weave. Jaydena was a good teacher, if a little stiff sometimes. Rasheta quite liked her. Then again Rasheta quite liked most of the Greens even Brid the older Aes Sedai who she had met in her tour of the halls when she was first raised. She smiled to herself thinking of Brid, the poor woman wanted nothing more then to go and die in battle yet she was stuck in the tower. It made her rather short with everyone but it made her more honest to, or so Rasheta thought. She realized she was thinking more then paying attention and focused again on her Ajah Head.

• 3 weeks later...

Fire 2

Jaydena saw that the recruit had finished the weave so she headed over to begin the next one in the series. Walking up behind the woman she set a hand on her shoulder and said, “Your doing well Rasheta I will be proud to fight at your side someday. Shall we begin the next weave my sister?” She smiled and after hearing her answer she said, “The second weave we will be working on today is called Combust. You’ll need a fair amount of strength with Fire for this one – at least, compared to the strength most women have. Strength in Spirit is also a plus.”

Reaching into the ground near them she delved using her talent in earth bearing the same name until she felt a good sized stone, pulling the stone out of the ground she floated it over to them and left it hanging in midair in front of them. She began to weave a net around the rock roughly the size of a small childs head. The weave looked much like the netting work in her hair only this was made of threads of Fire and Spirit equally interspersed, until she had a weave crackling with explosive potential. Turning to Rasheta she said, “Now I want to set it alight and keep it that way. That's the most important part of this weave.”

She tugged one of the threads of Fire that made the entire weave fall into its ‘locked’ position, and the stone burst into flame, the actual object still visible through the waving flames. Grinning in delight she turned to the recruit and said, “Now it does good to imagine that rock as a Trollocs head, I’ve seen this weave used in many a way by Green sisters. It can be wrapped around the hand the Trolloc is fighting, around their feet so they can’t run, you get the idea I’m sure. I am presonally fond of wrapping it around their head and watching several of them burn at once. Quite stinky that is though.” With a laugh she surveyed the rock and then adjusted the weave a little to make the flame burn stronger for a moment.

She let the flame slowly go out and then instructed Rasheta to find something that she could set alight. Setting the now blackened rock aside she handed the woman the angreal and said, “You need to find something that will not burn up in a few seconds and also something not alive, you will np doubt use this weave in your first battle. Feel free to use this rock if you haven't a talent in finding rocks in the earth.” Laughing softly at the look of eagerness on the woman's face she headed over to watch her student try the weave out for herself...

OOC: Combust requires Fire 4 and Spirit 4 – and Skill 16

Jaydena Mckanthur

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Sorry this took me forever to get back to you but here we go.

IC:

“Your doing well Rasheta I will be proud to fight at your side someday. Shall we begin the next weave my sister?”

Rasheta warmed a little on the inside, she didn't show it on her face but she was very happy to get the complement she had been working hard. She nodded to Jaydena. "Please." She added in a quiet voice.

Jaydena preceded to show her the next weave in the bunch. It was yet another Fire weave, as Rasheta had known it would be. She was so thrilled to be doing these weaves she could barely contain herself. She watched in eagerness as Jaydena picked up some rock and then lit it on fire. She jumped a little when it first was set alight but after a moment she couldn't wait to try the weave for herself. Jaydena appaeared to notice her eagerness so she told her she could use the rock if she wanted then she left her alone.

Rasheta smiled and set to work. She spent the next hour getting the weave as right as she could. Every time she lit the bundle of rock on fire she felt like jumping up and down for joy. Fire weaves were definetly  her favorite. She was going to contiue pratice but she was stopped and gotten ready for the next weave she was to learn. Yet another fire weave she hoped.

ooc- No worries

Fire 3

Jade pulled out a book and began to keep one eye on her book and one eye on the woman practicing in front of her. Becoming absorbed in her book she was surprised when her book was pulled down and she saw her student gazing down at her with a amused look on her face. Apologizing she realized that the woman had probably called her name several times before deciding to move the book. Though she showed quite a bit of spunk by doing so, most Greens wouldn't have dared do that to her. Setting her book aside she chuckled and headed over to teach her the next weave. Turning to her student she said, “The last weave we are learning today is called Phantom Flame, this is an effective weave if you’ve become to tired to channel larger amounts and you need to distract your enemy. Phantom Fire is not much to look at during daylight hours but during the night time it’s something to see indeed. Reminds me of the fireworks done by the guilds.”

Embracing the source through the extra angreal she began to send small threads of fire into the air. When her tendrils of fire landed in the spots she had sent them to, she used Air to divide them into many small pieces of fire. The contact of Air with Fire meant that the two Elements fused to create lights, rather than actual flames. The portions of Fire she ended up with, after the division, were too miniscule to burst into real flames of their own accord. They would require fuel, such as a Trolloc’s body hair, or a Dreadlord’s clothing, to properly ignite.

Using currents of air she sent her glowing fire lights off in all directions, she watched as some of them landed in the the trees and burned a leaf before going out. Completing her weave she turned to the woman next to her and said, “This weave is useful for distraction, a animal as stupid as Trolloc might fall for these lights and even follow them. Otherwise the lights often fall upon hair or clothing and set it alight. If you make the lights slightly stronger than I did just now, you will almost certainly start spot fires amongst the enemy ranks.” Seeing Rasheta begin to embrace the source she nodded and walked over to watch the show for a distnce..

Phantom Fire (Air 2, Fire 2, Skill 16)

Jaydena Sedai

“This weave is useful for distraction, a animal as stupid as Trolloc might fall for these lights and even follow them. Otherwise the lights often fall upon hair or clothing and set it alight. If you make the lights slightly stronger than I did just now, you will almost certainly start spot fires amongst the enemy ranks.”

Rasheta watched the weave eagerly and tried to listen to Jaydena. She heard little of what her Captain General said but she did hear that if she used this properly she could start fires amoung the enemy camp. She embraced the source and waited for Jaydena to walk away so she could get started. As Jaydena walked off Rasheta turned her attention to the weave.

She started small fires and then tried to put them out with a small bit of water. She hadn't done many water weaves yet but she knew enough to handle the fires. She tried again and again to get the weaves just right. She was not going to be defeated by this or any training she had to do. She knew she said that over and over but she needed something to keep her going. Not saying it would make her stop being determined. She focused on the weaves and did it a few more times before stopping and turning to her Captain General curious about her next task.

Water 1

Jaydena nodded her head in satisfaction as she checked out her new dress in the mirror, today she would be teaching her first water weaves lesson to Rasheta and she was looking forward to it. She had had this dress made many years ago when she taught her first battle weaves class. The dress was made of a metallic blue cloth with hints of green shining through. Gold embroidery that looked like rolling waves graced the bodice and hem. The low neckline showed off her necklace of joined sapphires and she had her long auburn hair up with mother of pearl combs and her ears sported sapphire dangles. On her feet were velvet boots with the wave design embroidered up them. They were actually quite comfortable, and in fact she had used them to ride in more than once. She laughed softly at that thought, and decided she would ride sometime today.

With a last glance around her rooms, she made sure her desk was clear, there was no food left out and then embraced the source to put a weave around the room. She left her rooms, nodding at the other Sisters as she mad her way to the yard. Jaydena walked quickly down to the practice yard and saw her student already waiting. Nodding at the girl she began at once, “For the next two weeks we will be learning water weaves, these are some of my favorites and I look forward to teaching them. After the two weeks time has passed we will be taking a final and then you will petition before the ajah again to gain the shawl. You will also want to spend that time getting to know any Sisters you haven't met, learning all our traditions, and thinking about your reasons for wanting to be a Green.”

Embracing the source she began to speak, “The first weave we will be practicing today is called Boil and I’m sure you can imagine what it might do. I learned how to do this weave with a large piece of meat and I find that it is accurate way to work with it.” Gesturing toward the entrance of the practice yard where two kitchen maids were carrying in several large sides of beef on a platter. As they approached she thanked each of them and waited for them to leave before she began to weave. She wove water into the meat until it flowed freely through the veins and arteries inside of meat. With that she began to feed fire into the weave and increase the amount until you could actually see the meat cooking as well as smell it.

With a quick grin she turned back to Rasheta and said, “I’m sure you can only imagine what this would do to a Trolloc, the first time I saw it done I almost lost my lunch when I considered what it would do to a fellow human, but since then I have found it to be a valuable aid in any battle. In fact I have used it on Dreadlords in Battle before and though I thought I couldn't use it on a human, I found out I could when the lives of my sisters, myself, and my warders were threatened.” Smiling with a feral grin at the girl she stepped aside and gestured at a fresh piece of meat for her to try…

Jade

Ooc- Boil: Fire 2, Water 2, Skill…27! If you need a angreal rp her getting one.

Rasheta was excited she had gotten through all the elements but Water and then Spirit. She had done well in the training so far and so dressed again for practice. She had only two more to go before she was done. She was so ready for this and anything Jaydena was going to throw at her she would handle with no complaint.

She came down to the training yards and saw Jaydena already there. She nodded to her Captain General and waited for Jaydena to start the lesson. Her Captain General didn't waste any time.

“For the next two weeks we will be learning water weaves, these are some of my favorites and I look forward to teaching them. After the two weeks time has passed we will be taking a final and then you will petition before the ajah again to gain the shawl. You will also want to spend that time getting to know any Sisters you haven't met, learning all our traditions, and thinking about your reasons for wanting to be a Green.”

Rasheta nodded more excited then she had been. She had thought she was going to be doing this for much longer but now she found she only had one more element to do and she was done. She could petition again and she would be considered a full sister of the Greens. She waited silently with a smooth face for whatever Jaydena was going to say next. The next weave was called Boil and Jaydena explained

"“I’m sure you can only imagine what this would do to a Trolloc, the first time I saw it done I almost lost my lunch when I considered what it would do to a fellow human, but since then I have found it to be a valuable aid in any battle. In fact I have used it on Dreadlords in Battle before and though I thought I couldn't use it on a human, I found out I could when the lives of my sisters, myself, and my warders were threatened.”

Rasheta waited to try the weave till Jaydena was back at her normal place on the side of the practice yards. She begain to try out the weave. She wasn't surprised that this weave came to her easier then the other ones did. She was very good with water, she praticed for a long time till she was pretty sure she could do this one in her sleep. She turned and waited for Jaydena to speak again.

Water 2

Nodding her head at Rasheta she stepped forward, "Your quite good at the Water weaves, you seem to have more ease with them than many others I have worked with. That must be your strongest element or close to. I look forward to seeing what you can do with that talent in a battle." She took a couple of steps forward she began to work o the next weave as she explained it. “The next weave is called Drown. I’m sure you can figure out what that means. It’s a fairly easy weave and very effective in battle but only if you can get your enemy to stand still long enough to die.” She chuckled and turned toward one of the straw trollocs set up for practice and embraced the source. Jade wove threads of water around the trollocs head that began to merge together and ended up looking like a crystal ball around the head. She tightened the weave with a fierce grin and then turned back to Rasheta.

“It might look difficult but the water weave does a lot of the filling in of holes itself, I’m sure you can handle this weave. Your strong in water so I won't need to hand you the angreal, good luck dear." She turned away and began to walk back to the stone wall. Smiling to herself she remembered the first time she had done this weave with their ajah head Mandi Sedai, she had shuddered to think about what it would feel like to drown in a water weave that you couldn’t see. Walking over to the wall she took a seat and began to watch the recruit attempt at the weave, she felt such promise in the girl and she had improved many times over in the weeks since they had begun this part of her training. Pulling her mug out she took a sip as she waited to move on to the last weave of the day…

Jaydena Sedai

OOC: Drown, External (Water 3, Skill 13).

“It might look difficult but the water weave does a lot of the filling in of holes itself, I’m sure you can handle this weave. Your strong in water so I won't need to hand you the angreal, good luck dear."

Rasheta smiled she was thrilled to be doing weaves that she had no need of the help of an Angreal for. She had thought she would never make it to this point. She focused on the weave and begin. It wasn't very hard for her to handle this one. She did wonder how she could get an enemy to stand still long enough for it to be totally effective but she supposed coupled with an air binding it would work very well.

She praticed for what felt like days and days, but must have only been a few hours or more. She was ready and she almost bounced up and down to get the last weave done. She wanted to be a Green so badly she could taste it. She waited for Jaydena however, with as smooth a face as she could.

• 3 weeks later...

Water 3

Jaydena saw that Rasheta had perfected the weave in a short amount of time so she stood up and walked over to where she stood. Looking the girl over for signs of exhaustion she nodded her head when she was sure she was ok and began to speak, “Our final weave of the day is called, Freeze, we will be using the same meat as earlier only we will be doing the opposite kind of weave. This weave is the favorite of my Captain General when I was raised to Sister of the Green and one of my favorites as well.”

Embracing the source she began to weave water once more into the meat that she had used earlier, this time however she began to slowly infuse the weave with air and strengthen the weave with Spirit, and before long the meat had frozen solid from the inside out. Jade grinned and turned back to Rasheta with a nod. “As you can see I used equal parts Air, Water, and Spirit. Water to attract the water in the bloodstream, and supplement it; Air to make it colder, until it froze; and Spirit to bind the weave together and lend it extra strength.”

She smiled at her student and then said, “This will be the final weave of the day. You are doing a wonderful job of everything Rasheta, you show real potential and we shall see how you do on your final. However I think you are ready to become a Sister and when you pass your final we will be ready for your Midnight Vigil. You may choose whoever you want to take part in this event with you. Now you may begin whenever you are ready Sister.” Squeezing her students arm she gave her a quick smile and headed over to wait the girl out. As she waited and kept one eye on the girl, she wrote out a report to her Sitters about the girls progress and let them know that they were now ready for the Final...

Jaydena Sedai

OOC: Freeze (Air 2, Spirit 2, Water 2, Skill 6)

“Our final weave of the day is called, Freeze, we will be using the same meat as earlier only we will be doing the opposite kind of weave. This weave is the favorite of my Captain General when I was raised to Sister of the Green and one of my favorites as well.”

Rasheta was excited now she was nearly at the end of her lessons and could petition the Ajah again and hopefully be raised up to the level of full sister of the Green Ajah. She was really enjoying all the water weaves as well. She waited anxiously for Jaydena to continue with the lesson and Rasheta watched the Captain general closely. Jaydena explained about how to use the weave and Rasheta found she liked the sound of the weave and could see how it would be useful in battle. She was gonna get ready to actually do the weave when Jaydena said

“This will be the final weave of the day. You are doing a wonderful job of everything Rasheta, you show real potential and we shall see how you do on your final. However I think you are ready to become a Sister and when you pass your final we will be ready for your Midnight Vigil. You may choose whoever you want to take part in this event with you. Now you may begin whenever you are ready Sister.”

Rasheta didn't know she had to have someone else with her, she thought about when Jaydena had first spoken to her, about everything that was required and she couldn't remember if she had been told that she shook herself and nodded it would be as Jaydena said and she wasn't going to complain. She was almost done she could taste her status as a full sister of the Green and so she turned her full attention to the weave at hand. She focused on her weave and slowly pulled the proper threads and wove the weave many many times this came easily to her and she found she enjoyed working with it and the weave was fun for her. When the sun was lower by a considerable degree then it had been she turned to Jaydena and asked her what she should do now

Battle Weaves – Final 1!

Jaydena and Rasheta met on the practice field for the last time and Jaydena knew by the look on her face that the student knew what was in store for her. Two weeks ago she had been told that she would be facing a large final and that she needed to practice as much as possible. Every green sister had been instructed to work with this inttiate anytime she asked. The Battle Weaves lesson had become her whole life, and Jade was sure that she would be at a loss when she had completed it as to what to do next.

She would be teaching her student one last weave before she began her final test, this weave was a very important part of any green sisters battle training. Taking a deep breath for she was nervous in her own way, she began to speak, “This is a crucial weave for any Green, it is known as <b>Remove Taint</b>. I’m sure that you will need an <em>angreal</em> for this weave most sisters do. I’m going to show you the weave but you can’t really get a good feel for it until you are in the situation to use it.”

Jaydena embraced the source through the angreal in her pocket and began to prep for the weave. Speaking as she worked she said, “Many Trollocs, Myrdraal’s, and even Darkfriends carry tainted blades. A tainted weapon causes accelerated deterioration, we like to say that a cut from the such a weapon taints your blood with part of the Dark One himself. No ordinary wound comes from one of these wounds and today you are going to learn how weave something that will counter these effects.”

She wove Air, Spirit, and Water, and explained where the Earth and Fire would go without placing them yet. Jade explained in detail where the Fire and Earth was laid, and drew out what amounts of those two Elements she would apply. “You see that it isn’t as much as we have of the other three Elements, but even so it will require great effort.”

Jaydena laid the threads of Earth down in their proper places, intertwined with the first three Elements. “The Earth is slightly concentrated in the center, which is the spot that will be laid directly over the wound you are treating. The Fire is, in a sense, what activates the weave.” Nodding her head she moved on to the last step in this monster of a weave. Next, came the time to lay the Fire threads down, and this time Jade worked as carefully as she could. This moment was for Jaydena the hardest part of this weave, for you had to not only lay the threads correctly, but make sure Fire didn’t dance out of your grip, and also keep the threads the right size and unmerged with one another.

As she lay the last thread of Fire in the center of the weave , the entire weave became a brillant light that hurt her eyes just to look at it, with a faint hissing noise the weave went out. Jade turned to Rasheta and said, “The weave will stay longer if your working on a live subject, this weave actually seeks out the taint in the person and works against it, destroying it piece by piece. It turns into a mist that evaporates, leaving the flesh clean of all wounds.”

She faced her mintee and said, “In discussions I have had with my fellow sisters it has become clear to me that the trick to is in maintaining the weave once you slide it into the patients flesh and I agree.” Handing Rasheta a angreal she walked away and waited to see the woman prove herself worthy of the Green ajah in the first of her finals…

Jaydena Sedai

OOC: Remove Taint (Air 6, Earth 3, Fire 3, Spirit 6, Water 5, Skill 2  – used to heal wounds from a Myrdraal’s weapon or other tainted items.

Final 2

Final: use the weaves you’ve learned from each lesson (e.g. however many you want, but at least one each of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, in whatever order you want) on the Trolloc targets around the field.  Just imagine that we would be doing HEAPS of these tests over the months of your training…but this is the first time you’ve had such a test with the battle weaves you’ve learned.