DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Thom and the Red Ajah

ceknight78

Guest Majsju

I'm not convinced the Ajahs will remain the way they are now. The Red Ajah has lost their main purpose, the Green Ajah will have lost their main purpose after TG. Of course they could sit down and figure out a new purpose. But look at how things are now. In the tower there's open hostility between the Ajahs. Meanwhile, sisters from different Ajahs work together for specific goals, for example the BA hunters in the tower.

That can be a slight hint that after TG, the Ajahs will, erhaps not disappear, but at least lose their importance, and become more of loose groups just to keep the feeling of belonging somewhere. While the actual work will be done more like how the Ajah worked in the AOL, you pick a group for a certain task, without worrying about which Ajah they belong to.

For example you can have Browns and Reds working together with Asha'man to study linking between female and male channelers, if you want to hunt down DF's you can have almost every Ajah involved...

To be fair, there has been no purpose for the Greens for two thousand years--since the Trolloc Wars--they've literally existed without a job... yes there was the prediction of a job in the future, but still, they existed with relative ease. I dont see the Ajah's fading away. I personally think given the slap in the face the Aes Sedai are having about all the female channelers they are missing, that the Reds will take it upon themselves to start hunting girls who can channel proactively. The recruitment arm of the Tower... fully organised with yearly tests and the like.

I don't think the order on the AS will last much longer. The Asha'man can't have the respect and authority they deserve as long as the AS are still around. And Tower Law and tradition(stronger then law) make it impossible for AM to ever become Aes Sedai.

I think the women will become Asha'man

i think that the reds will shift to studying the interactions of circles with both halves of the source, if the power even exists after the last battle. the greens may switch to hunting darkfriends or even go to the blight with the aiel men that can channel.

Just a quick pointer, Elaida WAS involved. The Aes Sedai that was leading the Reds against the BT had a POV about how she thought Elaida thought she must be greatful for being removed from her penance on some farm. She then goes on how it she was blamed but Elaida got away scot free... It's in CoT somewhere i think...

Guest cwestervelt

That doesn't necessarily meen that Elaida had anything to do with Thom's nephew though. There were a number of young men Gentled in that manner.

I always thought Elaida must have been directly involved in Owyn Gentling, yet something just doesn't fit. With Thom's position at the time, his talents at the Game of Houses and putting two and two together, and Elaida being Morgase's advisor at the time, he shouldn't need Moiraine to tell him Elaida was involved.

Amy said she met Rand's mom six years before they crossed the dragonwall after Laman. I got the impression that Thom was attached to House Trankand during the succesion, advising Morgase, and it was said that Eliada attached herself to Morgase when she saw who would take the throne.

After Elayne was born was when Thom left suddenly because of Owin. It was after Tigraine was dead because Thom and Morgase were lovers at the time and Elayne dimly remembers Thom, so I guess about 15 years ago.

I think Eliada arranged for Owin so Thom would run off and leave Morgase, because he was getting to close to her.

Sidenote: I think Thom and Owin Merrilin were from the West countries like Tarabon or the Almoth plain because Thoms mustaches sound like a Taraboner's, even though he doesn't talk like one. Now maybe Thom and his brother both left their homeland and relocated to Andor, Gheldean, or Murandy (were Owin was born) I don't know.

Archived