DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Unbalanced Power

Blade

I just been batting this around and so far, up til this last book the balance of power between men and women has been pretty constant. The men have greater strength, but the women bonded can defeat them. The men figured out how to use their powers in units to amplify their attacks to equal things out. However, this last thing with women now being able to sense exactly what and where a man is channeling, I feel that this has shifted the balance of power radically in the women's favor. I don't know if RJ was planning on balancing things by having the men develop the same thing? He has done that with healing stilling and other things. I would like to see if RJ would have balanced things again and how.

Has the weave for detecting a mans channeling that the Aes Sedai, I forget wich one, discovered when Narishma showed up at their camp really been proven to be that effective or foolproof in any way? Have we even seen it again since then? I'm pretty one of Cadsuanes Ter'Angreal detects male channeling but thats a completely different case.

That web requires that you place it around a man, and even then only shows you the direction that the thread is moving. It's not a big deal. It won't allow women to sense mens channeling from a distance, or know what they are doing, and to stop it the man needs merely slice the weave.

Besides men are working to duplicate it.

Archived