DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Green Lantern Movie

Darth_Andrea

Most of you with eyes and have seen my avvy and siggy know I am a serious Green Lantern comic fan. That being said when it was announced that Warner Brothers was fast tracking a GL movie I nearly wet myself. In the last couple of months the concept art that was with the original studio pitch and more recently a first draft script have been leaked. I am including the link to download the PDF for the script and you can see the images I have included.

Just for those who don't know what this is all about.

The Green Lantern Corps are a group of Intergalactic Space Cops, They were created by Immortal beings called The Guardians Of The Universe the Corps is made up of 3600 officers. Each charged to protect 1 sector of the universe. Each Green Lantern is powered by a Ring which holds a green energy that is a light condensed from pure will power. The ring is considered the most powerful weapon in the universe as it's only limited by the will power of the wearer and his/her imagination. It has only one flaw it can not effect any thing yellow, Yellow being the condensed color of fear the opposite of Will. The Ring its self can hold a charge for 24 earth hours at which time it must be recharged from a personal power battery which is in the shape of a Lantern. The Lantern is fed power from a Central Core Battery which is maintained on the planet OA.

The Script is here http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/12/12/50...N%20LANTERN.pdf

and here are the concept images.

Hal Jordan Uniform Concept Design

GreenLantern.jpg

Guardians Of The Universe Home Planet "OA" Concept Design

width=640 height=408http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/Darth_Andrea/OverOa.jpg[/img]

The Green Lantern Corps Battling The Monster Legion

width=361 height=480http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/Darth_Andrea/Legion3.jpg[/img]

Hal Missing Carol while on Oa (Note: this was apparently dumped in the writing as it dose not appear in the above script)

Hal_missing_Carol.jpg

Hope you all get as excited by all this as I am :D Green Lantern is tentatively slated for a summer 2010 release could be moved to 2011

Darth_Andreastarwars1.gif    anim-ring.gif

Writer/Director Marc Guggenheim gave a interview to MTV concerning Green Lantern.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/10/14/marc-guggenheim-drops-the-comics-that-inspire-green-lantern%e2%80%99s-screen-debut/

Marc Guggenheim Drops The Comics That Inspire Green Lantern’s Screen Debut

Published by Kiel Phegley on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 5:53 pm.

Even Hollywood professionals can lose their cool in front of movie stars, particularly when said movie stars might just be a perfect leading man for their upcoming superhero movie. That was the case when “Eli Stone” co-creator Marc Guggenheim bumped into Tom Cruise on the show’s set, but for once, Guggenheim played nice and didn’t ask Cruise about his interest in starring as DC’s Green Lantern.

“It’s funny. I was super, super tempted to do it, but I restrained myself,” laughed the writer while talking to MTV News about the second season premier of the ABC series. “I tried not to fly my geek flag too much.”

With us though, Guggenheim was more than ready to let his geek flag, banner and parachute fly as he revealed the specific comic stories that will be influencing the “Green Lantern” film, which may or may not confirm plot spoilers dropped in some leaked reviews of the script aside from his recent media run discussing casting rumors.

Fans circles were abuzz after the summation of the screenplay by the writer — along “Stone” co-creator Greg Berlanti and fellow TV/comics scribe Michael Green — pointed at a possible villain named Legion to be featured in the film, but only hard core GL fans linked the name to 1990’s “Emerald Dawn” mini series which featured a bruiser of a bad guy formed from a golden suit of armor wrapped around the hive mind of an alien civilization.

“Certainly ‘Emerald Dawn’ was one of the things that we read at the outset,” said Guggenheim when asked about the connection between spoiler and screenplay. Of course, looking to “Dawn” only reveals one piece of the puzzle.

“We really spanned the whole gamut from the Silver Age through the Modern Age to Geoff Johns,” promised the writer. “There’s a lot of different elements that are hard to coalesce, actually. Green Lantern as much as any modern day superhero has a lot of continuity gaps and inconsistencies, and you’re wrestling with it all to make everything work. And I don’t mean ‘work’ in a creative sense…I mean ‘work’ in a ‘not contradict each other’ sense. That’s always tricky when you’ve got such a length and breadth of material to work from.”

Elements that will work their way into the screen version of Hal Jordan include characterization from the Neal Adams/Denny O’Neil comics of the ‘70s that saw GL and DC counterpart Green Arrow tackle social issues from drug use to racism mixed with the big widescreen space action of the classic Silver Age Stories. “We picked up all the Showcase and Archive reprint volumes of the Silver Age stories,” Guggenheim explained, adding that his personal favorite era would also come into play. “I’m personally a big fan of the era when Dave Gibbons was drawing the comic [in the early ‘80s]. That was when I discovered Green Lantern as a fan, so I went back to all the old issues where Hal Jordan quits and the relationship between him and Carol Ferris.”

While the writer also noted that overall, the goal was for the screenwriters to “be as faithful to the comic as possible and as faithful to the essence of the character as possible,” Guggenheim has found an interesting counterpoint to his take in the current acclaimed run on “Green Lantern” comics by writer Geoff Johns.

“It’s been interesting because we finished a draft just before ‘Secret Origin,’ Geoff’s latest arc, started up. So I’ve been reading ‘Secret Origin’ with a real interest in seeing ‘OK, how did Geoff solve this problem?’ There are certain elements just for anyone trying to retell Hal’s origin for a modern day audience has to address and grapple with. For example, why the hell was Abin flying in a space ship when he’s a Green Lantern? You don’t ask that question back in the Silver Age, but when you’re writing in the Modern Age, you have to ask these things.”

I love this, guy is a serious GL geek...JUST LIKE ME !!!! YAY!!!

gives me more hope that the movie will be done well :D

Darth_Andreastarwars1.gif     anim-ring.gif

Archived