DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Path anyone?

Corwin

is the two weapon necessarily using two of the Same weapon, or using two equal or unequal 'weapons' in combination?

Would it have to be dual swords, dual daggers, etc? Or could it be (arguably) more useful and more common combos like sword and dagger, sword and buckler, etc?

My character is interested in sword and buckler.

Visar-

It doesn't specify that they need to be twin weapons on the site.  I know my character and most any other I've seen use twins, but since it doesn't say anything on the path site, I reckon that you could do sword and dagger if you would like.  As to sword and buckler, that wouldn't be this one.  There is another path that would fit it better I'm sure.  But Daisho is about using two weapons and learning to use them for defense as well as offense.

Sieve-

Just get me on MSN dude, or e-mail me.  Whichever.

Do we even have that in the WoT universe?  And wouldn't a double-bladed weapon be a two-handed thing?

The weapons in WoT are pretty much open to anything within reason I would believe.  This is not a modern weapon.  It is a buckler about the size of a frisbee with blades so it is single handed meant for your off hand.  It is definately not a 2 handed weapon.

There is another version called the madu which is more crude.  It was like the Singuata just that they used antelope horns instead of blades.

check out the armory, i belive that is what is aproved as weponry for wardersyard

yes there actualy exsist one, you probably can find it under world lore

it doesnt mather of age, it mathers wheter its belivable that the wot universe which is not identical to ours have it..because its a fantasy world lacking in some of our components, having other components we do not etc...

i cant say anything for sure, but likelyhood is anything out of custom will render a need for an aplication for a special item needing staff aproval and adm cc

other then that i dont think the weapons need to be identical, but they should be compatible for realism, which means say a long sword and a rapier is not, due to the very different fighting styles they would require, with one being a stabing weapon, and the other a slice and dice more or less ;) you need two weapons that function on the same bodymovement style pretty much

I think I've seen a buckler like that in the movie Braveheart (the Irish "My Island!" guy was using it), though it has been a while since I've seen that, and that movie's hardly an accurate depiction of historical arms and combat.  You could also see a spike on the boss of the buckler, as another offensive option similar to adding blades to the handle grip. 

due to the very different fighting styles they would require, with one being a stabing weapon, and the other a slice and dice more or less

That's a fairly general statement, not necessarily reflecting the great variety of the two weapons mentioned (especially with the long sword). I could argue my point further in more detail, but I'll leave that for pms if you wish.  But using a longsword and rapier in each hand? yeah, I agree; not gonna happen. That would be awkward to say the least.

Hmm...I'm still wondering about my primary weapon (longsword, sword and buckler, or sword and dagger).  If I decide on the latter, I'll go to you, Corwin; if not, I probably won't worry about choosing a path.