DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Adventures of Vyx Vlyn: Part 2 Death of Darla

Canukistani

Recap:  Darla, 14yr old girl changes her name to Vyx Vlyn and is exiled from her home town for being an inept thief.  She then goes on to become a high priestess of the Sea God Krakuun, Lord of the Black Depths and general terror of the Seven Seas.  Gets pregnant at 17 with her demonic daughter and dies in childbirth.  She is returned to the world as a lich by Krakuun.

Vyctorya, 8yrs old in the body of a full grown woman.  3rd rank paladin of Marduuk the great protector and such.  Half-demon daughter of Vyx Vlyn (Darla).

After 8yrs of searching Vyx finds her daughter and tells her about her mother 'Darla'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you want to you about your mother, Vyctorya?"

"Yes Ma'am."

"Well, her name was Darla.  She and I were very close.  We were partners in life, in business and in spreading the message of Krakuun.  We met in church as novices.  She didn't say anything about how or why she had arrived there, but once we entered the novate we're not to think of how we got there.  I had gathered that she was from one of the Island Duchies.  We were only about 13 or 14yrs old then.  We became best of friends and we graduated together. 

After some adventuring we had acquired a Myr ship and she had the idea of starting a trading business to finance our missionary work.  It seems her father had owned a moderately prosperous mercantile business in her town duchy.  So she had a bit of a head for money and in looking after our employees. 

When ever we reached a new people she'd be looking at what the savages had to offer and what she could supply them while i was preaching the will of our Great Lord.  Because we traded with peoples all around the world we called our company the Seven Seas Trading Company.  Eventually she had decided that we should have a headquarters and main warehouses and they should be on an island amongst the Fire Islands.  It was your mother that decided to name our island the Isle of Krakuun.

Shortly after we started building our headquarters for the company Beloved Krakuun called to me.  He wished to meet me.  I asked him about Darla but He said she had another path to follow.  So I went to him.  I was there for, what i thought was, four days and three nights.  It turned out that when i returned to our island that I had been gone for over ten years.  Our island had changed greatly.  Instead of some offices and warehouses, instead it had grown to a large city, Port Krakuun they called it.  It was your mother that set down the city laws and how it was to be build and managed.

As I stepped through the door of our villa I knew something was wrong.  The servants were crying and our two closest friends, people whom had been officers on our ship when we first sailed, looked at me with pity and grief.  Your Aunt Jezebel and your Uncle Falryth, I'll tell you about them later.  I entered our bedchamber, I saw your mother, the woman i had loved for years.  She was propped up in bed with you in her arms.  You were very small then.  She was very pale, and the bed sheets were soaked with blood.  She was staring at you the whole time as you nursed.  She never looked at me.  Not once.

Jezebel took me aside and told me what had happened. 

A year before I returned a maid had entered our bedchamber to awaken your mother.  When she drew back the bed curtains she found your mother was laying on top of the bed.  Her body had been ripped open and shredded.  All the bedclothes had been splattered and drenched in your mother's blood.  The maid's shrieks brought the household running.  On of her student clerics quickly started healing her.  He could see her still beating heart.

Some months later it was found that she was with child.  Our Lord spoke to Jezebel, for she had been one of our students and had grown into a priestess in her own right.  Krakuun told your Aunt Jezebel that Darla had betrayed him.  She had lain with a demon.  And so Krakuun withdrew all his powers from her and would not allow any of his clerics to heal her.  Jezebel says that your mother never spoke of what happened, only that Marduuk came to her one night and told her that he would use his power to save her child.  He twisted the demonseed within her belly so it could absorb her essence and thus you became half-demon and half-human, not a full demon.  Marduuk told your mother that he had marked you as his child.  For you to be one of his champions.

Your mother only lived for a few hours after i arrived home.  It seemed like she wanted to hang on so she could say good bye to me.  She had already given instructions for your care as Marduuk told her to send you to someone.  I don't know what happened after you left us.

Now, about your Aunt Jezebel and your Uncle Falryth. 

Back when we were still exploring the world, we hired Falryth to be our ship's mage and to help pilot our ship.  Jezebel came on board as our morale officer and later became our apprentice. 

While i was with Krakuun, Falryth started a magic school on our island, right in the crater of a fire mountain.  He and his colleagues had learned how to tame the fire mountain.  He's very wise and powerful.

With your mother busy running our company, she assigned Jezebel to the governance of the city and the church.  It is your Aunt who still governs our island city and all our colonies.

As I am always away, spreading the message of Krakuun, the company is run by our factors in each of the large port cities.  They stay honest because they know I'll show up without warning to inspect their books like Darla taught me to.

But most importantly, your mother loves you and you shouldn't be angry for her death.  It was her fate to bring you into the world. 

Now, it's late and you have your duties to Marduuk.  You mustn't shirk them or you will be insulting your mother's sacrifice."

Vyx leans forward and kisses her daughter's forehead.  "Now off to bed with you!"

How to Break a High Level Mage's Mind by Vyctorya Vlyn.

Falryth, previously mentioned in the above post, does not know who Vyctorya the grown demoness paladin really is.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Vyctorya walks up to the start of the long stairwell up to her lofty chambers.  Her wings are dragging on the ground after a afternoon flying around the city.  She looks up at all the steps and groans.

Falryth, tall elven mage of leet power and friend of Vyx Vlyn, looks at the exhausted paladin.

"you look exhausted.  if you'd like i could float you up there."

Vyc looks at him with excited relief.  "Really?  that would be cool!"

Falryth intones the spell and Vyc floats up the tower.

As Vyctorya rises in the air, she looks down at Falryth and says "I have an uncle named Falryth.  He's the most powerful mage in the whole world!  Soo powerful that people come to learn from him and he's even tamed a fire mountain.  He lives in the Fire Islands. He's married to my Aunt Jezebel."

She waves down to him as she steps onto the landing at the top of the tower and enters her room for a good sleep.

Level 20 epic mage blinks and says 'huh?.

Archived