Division: Freelanders – Seanchan – Sul’dam

Nationality: Seanchan, Southern

Hair: Jet black, hangs down to bottom of neck, usually held up with chop-sticks

Skin: Fair

Eye Color: Brown

Physique: Slim, but somewhat fleshy.

Height: 5’6”

Weight: 130 pounds

Voice: Low female voice with a somewhat French accent mixed with Seanchan drawl.

Other: High cheekbones and tilted eyes, like a Saldean with a small, narrow nose.

Personality: Genevive is very affectionate. She cares deeply for those around her, especially family and even her damane, Gwenny. Other sul’dam consider her soft, but she is far from it. If Gwenny needs punished, Gene will not hesitate a moment, but neither will she hesitate to reward her for a job well done. She is fierce on the battlefield and can kill anyone without hesitation, except the Empress, may she live forever. Likes to go to inns on days off and enjoys a good time when it’s appropriate.

History: Genevive was born in the more southern part of the Seanchan continent. She grew up in a small village that grew kaf for the Blood. She enjoyed her life and loved her family deeply. At 17, she passed the test for sul’dam. No one expected her to, seeing as she failed the last two tests. She was what they called a “late bloomer.” But she learned the ropes very quickly and was soon busying herself with damane.

She was chosen to go with the Return and she was thrilled with the honor. On their way across the Aryth Ocean, the ship she was on encountered another ship. They boarded it and found it to be a Sea Folk ship. The Sailmistress swore fealty to the Seanchan in exchange for their lives. Three marath’damane were found on the ship and Genevive gravitated toward one in particular. A young girl of similar age to Genevive. Her name was Zephyr dur Northwave and she claimed to be the “Windfinder’s apprentice”, whatever that was. Gene didn’t like the name, so she named her Gwendolyn, but often affectionately refers to her as “Gwenny”. Gwenny was quickly pulled to heel. Gene strongly believed in crushing the rebellious spirit quickly and without mercy. The old lands drew closer and Genevive could almost taste the battle.

Are you referring to the late bloomer thing... *ponders*

If channelers with the spark can manifest at different points I don't see why someone tested for sul'dam couldn't fail at on point and succeed at another.

I guess I'll ask for feedback on this. I hadn't thought of it as an issue though. I mean... spark or no, an 8 year old isn't going to be able to learn to channel.