DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fresh Blood and Raging Fires( Attn: Tigara or Ata)

Sylvirci

Dainin porceed to follow the hooded man the rest of the way to the Fortress where they went through the only gate. Oce inside they dismounted and not waiting to see what became of the horses Dainin strode after the man to the main door of the massive fortress. Dainin gazed around as the walked and saw a few shadowspawn and Draghkar flying overhead, altough he wouldn't learn that name until later.

He was a little afraid of this place and that fear made him angry. He didn't like the unknown and things he had no control over and fear of those things he eagerly turned to rage. Rage he could use to fight back and find the will to carry on no matter what. Seeing a figure coming out of the door he quickly stilled his face, making it emotionless.

Not waiting to see if the figure was male or female he bowed, lowering his head both as a sign of respect and a need to hide the fire in his eyes. Thinking quickly he said, " I am Dainin and according to this man I am here to train as a channeler for the Dreadlords. I humbly await your command, Master."

Dainin Raskowa, Dreadlord Acolyte

Michael nodded to the other dreadlord, word had run ahead of an entery with a likely recruit, the trip through the bligth was taksing on most, so he was out to check if the other needed the recruit of his hands. A look and a nod was all the exchange before the other parted to his own. "Well then, lets find you a room and schedule a class for you, I think i got an opening in my schedule tomorow" he turned around and walked back up the stairs, "come along now"

Michael turned towards the intiate quarters and walked along it holding the one power so he could hear better. He stoped outside a quiet room and opened it, it was obviously occupied so he continued, 3 room check later he found one who had dust on the floor, "this will do, you can clean it up when you learn how to use your skills, that should serve as a motivator" he turned and for the first time took in the boy. "Very well, the dining hall is down that way.." he pointed, "if you get lost ask your way from the servants or another intiate, dont bother the dreadlords unesicarily, and hopefully you remember where we came from..." he waited for confirmation, "good cause I want to see you out there after launch tomorow, I'll be there or someone else will. Now any questions?"

Michael Daemeau

NSW

Dainin followed the man through the interior of the fortress to hallway and down it. He was thinking of how he didn't want to wait until the next day to start learning to control this new power. Watching the man check some rooms he thought of how to broach the issue without offending when the man stopped at a door and informed him he had to clean it with his new skills and only his new skills. It gave him the perfect means to ask to learn now rather then later.

" My Lord, if I could start learning now it would be better wouldn't it? I mean I would very much like to have some exsorcise or some small teaching to pratice with tonight, if my Lord could spare the time?"

He bowed once more as he waited for a response. While he waited he started thinking of how unfair it would be to demand he clean the room with skills he didn't yet have. He was getting angry and he knew he had already used the skill of fire while angry, so surely he could use his anger to spark a skill to clean the room. Please let this Lord teach me something or else I might get mad enough to do something foolish!

He was eager, Michael nodded "Very well, from now on forget all you know of your former life, you start over today and when you are done with training you will be a Dreadlord. Thats the first words I almost always tell students, another thing is if you have channeled before you are born with the spark, if you learned by yourself you may have an issue to overcome, time will tell" He let the boy have a moment to let the information sink in.

"Now lets sit down" he walked over to a patch to a table with 2 chairs, "Close your eyes and form a flame to the inner side of your mind, feed all emotions into it, let it be the only thing in focus in your mind. It is important that you remember to stay calm and in control, saidin is like a furious storm, you must bend it to your will or else it will cary you away." He waited a litle, "Now if you are at an emotionless stage you should be able to sence saidin howering outside that calmness, try to seize it and hold it, do not draw on it just let a litle of it trickle in, but hold the rest back." He waited already ready to interfear and shield the boy if need be, he would give it reasonable time and hope that no block needed to be sorted out, it could be a tedious process, but one they knew well, it wasnt unusual that their initiates was found by being discovered to have channeled on their own, and while not all of them had tedious blocks, enough of them did.

ooc leaving it up to you wheter he channels straigth off or not ;)

Dainin listened and was pleased by the Lord's answer. His anger faded until it was barely felt as he obeyed and sat down. Closing his eyes he made a flame the size of a candle within his inner sactuary. Thinking all his thoughts into that flame was hard. He started with what the Lord had first said and went from there.

I used fire without knowing what I did, was that channeling? According to the man who helped me get here it was, so that means I have the spark. I was born with this great gift and meant to have it. No more being the weakling and a nobody! Now I have Power to do whatever I want and a teacher to give me private lessons! Realizing he was getting angry and feeling the Power start to build around him he remembered his Lord's words. Feed it to the flame let it consume my old life and accept my new life. It got easier as he went and in a few moments he was calm and in control. The Power that was Saidin was there surrounding him like the raging fire of his past and he was determined to beat and overcome it.

Focusing on the flame he called a trickle of Saidin into him. It was tough to hold the rest of that storming whirling Power back when it made him feel so alive. With that feeling of extreme life came the sense of sickness creeping on the edges of his trickle and the Power itself. It was that sickness that made him fight and win against the urge to draw more. Thinking of Saidin and the life with the sickness in it he asked the Dreadlord, " What is the sick feeling to it and can it be seperated from the rest my Lord?" He was starting to sweat a little as he fought that torrent beating and bashing against his control. He was a little surprised that he could hold it and still speak and think, even if just barely. Thinking of one last question before he could lose control he asked, " How do I let go and is there something you can show me to control it and clean my room, my Lord?" He was straining but was surprised as he seemed to be winning and his fight for control became easier. Was that possible?! Now he looked at the Dreadlord and waited for his next instructions and answers.

Michael studied his student, and was pleased when he finaly could feel saidin being channeled. He chuckled at the question, "That would be the taint, if you live through the training then the great lord will grant you protection from it. For now though lets practise leting go activly and not just loosing it. Push it away and let go then grasp it again." Now that the man knew how to get hold of it it was so important that he learned to control himself, less he did something alone that would cost him his abilities or even his life.

"The reason I do make you do this is because if you loose control to saidin it can be question what would be the kinder faith, a mere burn out or death." He looked at the other man, "We dont go around shielding the students, if you do not have self control then you will not survive training, you need a clear mind as much as anything in the shadow. I would advice you against trying to handle the one power without beeing fresh and clear of mind, able to focus, unless you are with a teacher, for now anyway. However i do expect you to practise on this till the next lesson, practise grasping, holding and leting go of saidin till it become as second nature, and we will meet again in a weeks time, asuming you are still alive." He rose and looked at his student, "other then that be patient, the power is complex and it take more then one nigth to learn it, in a few weeks you should be able to have this room cleaned up" he smiled and looked around before walking silently out the door.

_________

A week was up and he was awaiting his student patiently, by reports the boy had survived, of this he was pleased, he had seemed eager, a strength if it didnt pass into foolish rashness.

Michael smiled as the man aproached, "Well then, as it seems you will be staying at least for now, lets go sit down and i will tell you a litle more."

Seteling on a patch of grass he started explaining of the one power, and the elements, as well as the futher perils of the one power and history. After an hour and a half with theory he moved on to the practical part of the lesson. "Now as i said there is 5 elements, fire.." he channeled red, green, yellow, blue and white strands as he spoke to illustrate. "..earth, air, water and spirit, each have a faint color but more then anything you should be able to feel almost taste who is who." He waited for a nod.

"Okey now grasp saidin, by now it should not give you any problems, i want you to try and copy me." Slower this time he pulled on saidar and ever so slow separated the treads one at the time and leting go of one tread before taking another. As well giving time between each to allow his student to copy what he did. When he was sure his student got it down he grasped two treads and spun them around eachother into a spiral, then let go and did two others. "This is what i want you to use as practise untill next week, make spirals, make them in difrent combinations, and as you go stronger practise making more at once. Geting comfortable with drawing on the difrent elements, as well this would learn you which elements you find yourself stronger and weaker in." He paused and left the student a chanse to pactise a couple while he watched, and to ask questions before he left.

Dainin sat in his room for long moments after the Dreadlord had left. He was thinking about what he had learned and was angry at not being taught anything to clean his room yet. Knowing that his anger could have dire consequences he didn't touch Saidin until he calmed himself down.

Staying in the void of his mind with the flame, he fed his anger into it while he felt himself calm down. Then he grabbed and let go of Saidin a few more times before realizing he was tired. He set his cloak and few belongings given to him on the journey here down in a corner of the room and laid down to sleep.

Over the next couple of days he only practiced in the morning when he was fresh and well rested. He spent his remaining time asking questions of the other Acolytes. He also went to the courtyard to sit in on the lessons being given by the Dreadlords, but he didn't participate. All he did was ask questions and occassionally grabbed onto Saidin to watch how the advanced students did certain things with Saidin. He was learning alot and the most important thing he learned was that the things they did was called weaving and it took alot of concentration.

On the third day he decided to nap after lunch and start the training his Dreadlord had givin him twice a day. Going several hours in the morning and in the afternoon made him soon feel very confident in his ability to grab and let go of Saidin. Although he could now recognize a couple weaves from the lessons in the courtyard he was not yet brave enough to anger his Lord by attempting them without his supervision. Contenting himself, albiet grudgingly, to only grabbing and letting go he spent the next few days until his Lord came again simply learning knowledge and his practicing.

NEXT LESSON

Sitting down with his teacher he listened patiently to his words of knowledge. He had learned some of it but he had sat in on advanced students so he learned things that helped put the rest in perspective. Realizing now that the weaves were colored naturally and that the colors were specific elements made him see he was right in not disobeying yet. There was still too much he didn't know.

Grabbing Saidin he followed his Lord's weaves and when it was his turn he focused not only on the colors his Lord was using but the element as well. After weaving a few twisting threads in the spiral pattern he saw that a couple were brighter then others. As he was about to ask why his Lord explained it for him.

Realizing that he was stronger in Fire, Earth and Spirit while being weaker in Air and Water brought about another question. " My Lord, is there a way for me to get stronger in Air and Water? If not then how do I compensate with Fire and Earth so that I can't lose against Air and Water?" He listened to his Lord's response and thought about it as he went back to his room.

FIRST WEAVE

In his room he thought about the lesson and all the knowledge he had gained. Realizing he had been here a week and was ready to risk all by using a simple weave he had learned but first he needed to get better control of the threads. So over the next four days he pratcied almost all day, everyday until he felt he could control them without any hesitation or worry. He also spent alot of time learning as much knowledge as he could about weaves and how they were formed and worked.

Two days before his next lesson with his Lord he stood in his doorway, his back to the closed door and focused purely on the flame within his void. Calling forth Air and Water in equal, yet small, amounts he twisted the threads. Breaking them into multiplthreads and still maintain a firm control of them, he started close by himself and touched them together in the proper weaving to create light winds. Using those winds he swept the dirt and dust back across the room into a corner. When his room looked spotless except for that one corner he let go of the weaves.

Making sure he didn't feel weak or exhausted he prepared to weave another simple weave. He was a little tired but still fairly fresh so he wove a thread of Fire. Moving it to touch the pile he made sure it was small, no sense in starting a big fire unintentionally. Focusing softly he ignited the pile and immediately jumped back! His sleeve was on fire and even in the void he could feel the intense pain of the burning flesh on his arm. He tore off his shirt and threw it into the pile that was complete ash now. Checking his arm he realized he was going to be scarred and maybe lose the use of his right arm for sword fighting. I had no ideal that I was that strong in Fire! I can really do some damage as long as I can control it! Realizing that in order to learn that control would require his Lord's teachings, he saw that his Lord had been right and might be very angry with him for doing this without waiting for his Lord to give permission.

Rather then waiting for his Lord to find out on his own, Dainin decided to seek him out. He knew he would have to accept punishment and beg his Lord's mercy but it was better then losing his Lord's patronage altogether. So he went off and after asking directions found his Lord.

OOC: Sorry so long just wanted to cover all of the lessons!

Michael looked up at the knock on the door, "enter" he waited as the door opened and then in surprice looked to see one of his students, the second thing he saw was the arm, he sighed. "Lost control, thougth I warned you against training when tired and trying to much at once, the spirals fairly safe weaves that wont be lashing back on you if you had listened." He rose and walked over grabing the arm, nothing that couldnt be healed, he reached out for saidin, "It takes years to master the power fully enough to be raised to my level, rashness may get you killed..." he sunk the weave in without any mercy to it "your lucky your not burned out or killed, now sit down before you black out on me, there some fruit over in the bowl, eat and have some water as well"

He went back to his desk, "what in all did you think you where doing really disobeying, do you think its for fun I tell you of the dangers, they are real boy, and things like this will set you back, healing draw from your resources, you will rest for the next week and eat, no channeling, then we will meet the week after." He put down his pen and turned to looked sternly at his student, "is that understood?"

-----------

Michael knocked on the door of his student as the week was up. When the door opened he tested what he was able to do first, looking at the spirals and nodded in aproval. "Very well lets continue by learning you to do something constructive, a simple weave of each." He grasped saidin and drew on fire first, Up of the pocket he seized a candle, he put the tick blocky candle on the table and used fire to light it, then put it out with a puff of air. As he finished he told his student to try the weaves, explaining it migth take a couple tries to get the webs just rigth as he had done it. Then setled back to study, only instructing with help when needed, and the class went on. Using earth and water both, he made a mudpile in a big flowerpot in a corner. And lastly had his student pic a flower weaving keeping around it, where he would need most spirit but also a tad of each of the other elements, such learning the boy to use them togheter.

"You now learned some very basic weaves, but still usefull ones at times, even small weaves can come in handy at times and should not be forgoten. Ligthing a candle like that put that to some paper or wood and you can have a base to make a fire, as well put it out with water after if need be. A muddy ground is slipery and if expanded can be a good way to slow down pursuers, and keeping can be used on food as well to keep it from roting. All these things usefull at moments that you in time wont come to think of using them, less for if you lost the ability find how much you come to rely on them, which is another lesson to not forget how to rely on yourself without saidin. So please keep your flower as a reminder. "

Dainin entered his Lord's room and immediately cowered under the barage of reprimands and the healing. Listening intently, he answered dutifully that he understood. Deciding now, when his Lord was so angry, was not a good time to mention that he had actually channeled more then twisting threads of Saidin. That could only make matters worse, he was sure of it.

Resting for the next week was hard but he wasn't about to disobey again. Instead he found some good books about Saidin and Saidar and read while he recovered his strength. The reading material was good and he gather some information on both halves, if not insight. This of course led to questions he would ask his Lord the next time he saw him.

When his week was up he grew excited. His Lord would come for him and teach him more now. As his Lord arrived and they started reviewing the threads in single form and in spirals he took the moment to ask his first question.

" My Lord? I have noticed that I am really strong in Fire and Earth but weak in Water and Air. Why is it that men are stronger in certain elements and women in the other two? I also noticed that I am strong in Spirit as well. How can I use that to my advantage my Lord?" He listened intently for the responseand then moved on to the next leddon.

Lighting the candle gave him a brief glipse of fear but he quickly pushed it aside and did as instructed. Channeling Saidin he focused on the red thread and put the tip of it against the wick. Igniting it took no effort after his last time in his room. Unlike like time it didn't flare like an inferno, instead it only shot straight up about two feet before settling to about an inch high. He glanced to his Lord as if to say, see I told I was strong and I was conrolling it!

Moving on to the next lesson with Air was a little harder, but only because he was weak in that element. He still managed to do it on the first try, it just took a moment for him to be able to manage the thread just right. A slight and small gust, like a person blowing hard was all it took and all he could manage with such control over it.

The next lesson involved two weaves, both of which he had not tried yet. Trying the weave took him several tries before he got it right. This amount of Water and that amoount of Earth, there just so to make it muddy as he was shown. It was hard trying to mix a thread he was strong in with a thread he was weak in. Having finally got it right he was grateful to remember the weave and then move on. This one bored him a little but he would remember it.

Lastly he was shown a weave that relied heavily on Spirit, one of his strongest, with small amounts of each of the others. This one took him an hour to master before he finally mixed and wove the threads just right. Preserving the flower seemed odd to him but he could just barely understand the use of this Keeping weave. Memorizing it, he listened devotedly to his Lord as he explained uses for all the weaves he just learned as well as the reminder to not forget to do things on his own, without Saidin.

Thinking quietly for a few minutes while holding the flower, he casually got up and walked over to stand before his Lord. Kneeling he said, " I was channeling Fire that day I burned my arm. I did it on purpose to clean my room. I have learned from that mistake Lord and I swear I won't try so again without getting your permission first. Please keep teaching me!"

OOC: I was trying to give myself a reason for using Saidin over swords for the rivalry between Jehaine's char and mine. ;) It's ok though, I can lose the arm another way and time. :D

ooc easy...i presumed as he came runing that the logical thing and what you wanted was to be healed, but as said easy, she prefer weapons cause its all she know, if he dont have one at hand and had some OP lessons then he would mayhaps use the one weapon he had at hand and was starting to get to know, intro is generaly an option for a first time channeling and such char development which why we enforce it, just becaus you do not RP another lesson in op as an initiate then its still presumed that he had the lessons during his few intense years of training. Also you filled the requirement now for intro, so up to you if you want to keep the tread going or not ;) for char development

Michael explained in the begining of the class how it was that they did not know why there was an elemental difference, and reminded him from earlier lesson how he was not yet at his full potential and would become stronger all over in time, so even what was hard rigth now at least would be somewhat easier in time.

At the end of the lesson he nodded, and replied he had guessed as much. "However what you need to understand is that as you seen today, its not just about using the element, but how you spin the elemental treads togheter into usefull weaves, some weaves can make just fancy useless illusions or flashes, while some are trouly usefull, and some not per say weaves but combinations of elements spun into unknown webs when you do not know what you are doing can be downrigth dangerous, these can give you all from mild headaches to being leathal not only to you but those around you in circles of miles. It is therefor now that you know more of the use of the power that you also need to use your mind, and really you can see the test of patient and controll untill you do learn this lesson as a test on being someone who can be trusted to keep learning, as logical you can see that those who can not maintain such control, and would be downrigth dangerous to everyone here due lack of control, will die and leave the rest safer during their first few weeks here." Michael smiled, "at least through being pushed this way then those who can not understand the largeness of the power only harm themself in lack of their understanding of the power they are unable to cause enough damage that early on due to the build of the fortress." He pated the solid stone walls.

"I understand you want to learn more, anyone with a sane mind would want that when they discover the wonders of the power, but however much you push it it will take years to learn it. So you need to trust us to know what we are doing here, because we do not let you laze about, every student worthy here is pushed to the limit of their potential, but its a knife edges balance on pushing to the limit, and pushing over it. I recon you learned an important lesson, and that you soon enough will find that you regret being so eager to push things when you find yourself stumbeling to bed at nigth wishing you could sleep for a week after a lesson."

Michael rose, "well then, unless you have more questions I am on my way, and I sugest you get some food and rest, you will be sent a plan of the time and schedules for various classes ongoing or upcoming in the next few months, and can choose which to attend. There is many ways and paths to becoming a dreadlord, the one power classes is a must, but there is different ways to learning that as well, different focuses and so on, and then there is all the other non power related things that can be usefull to learn. Its up to you to chose your own profile and style based on your personality and interests."