DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Updates

Drea Raylin

Hi all... Here's the latest.

Dad's doing well. He was in rehab for almost three weeks. He lost all control of the right side of his body, but we have one of the best rehab facilities in the state less than a half hour from our house and is currently 90% better. So that was a huge blessing. Right now we're struggling with speach and comprehension, but that's normal for stroke victims. It's frustrating for him to not say what he means and for us to see him give up so easily. Though on Friday, he scored a 99 on his speach test, so that was another huge blessing. He's currently staying with his daughter while he continues with his rehab. In about a month he'll be allowed to go back to work and Jason and I will be moving in with him for a month or so. Not the ideal situation, but you do what you have to for family. Unconditional love, right? :) We'll make it.

Also, the restaurant we live above (which had free wi-fi) shut off their internet for the summer so we're currently without internet unless we go to the coffee shop across the street (which is where I'm at currently). Not a huge deal, but a pain to have to walk down the stairs... just kidding. It's just time consuming and Jason usually has the lap top for his homework whenever I have a few minutes to check anything.

So you may see me around, you may not. Whenever I say I'm not going to be around, I always find time... so I'm just going to play it by ear. If I go the whole summer without showing my face, well, we'll make a few decisions then. But for now... I think I can make it a few more weeks.

Thanks again for all your concerns!! You guys are a great support system. Take care, and hopefully I'll be seeing ya soon.

-Drea (Stef)

Well, considering the circumstances that's good news to hear, and knowing his rehab is going according to plan must be a bit of a relief for you and the family as well. Still a couple of minor problems, but in this case i suppose it's as good as it gets.

Either way, my best wishes. Don't worry too much about being able to check the site often, the threads'll still be here when you're able to return. Give your dad a hug from me, k? ^_^