DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Dark Knight Review

Emperor

I took out some spoilerish stuff.

"My secret agent between the Armani suits saw a super private session for THE DARK KNIGHT and came out drooling. It will be a great success, he guarantees, the gadgets (especially the [bat-Pod], responsible for a acclaimed action sequence ) are crazy and Heath Leger might receive a deserved indication for his Joker, ‘a mixture of a fool/clown, schizophrenic, sadistic, and crazy. The guy delivered, got himself into the role and it's unrecognizable. There will be no other Joker after him.’"

“My ‘Bond’ tells more about the somber epic of Chris Nolan:‘It's incredible to create something new and exciting, not only for i's history but in technical terms, nowadays. Many great scenes, impeccable effects. Music and sounds pretty loud, but helping the story. They have a heart beat they use in a sensational way (Remember the 2 note theme from the interview with Zimmer?!), anticipating the next scene -- a psychological trigger ala JAWS ('tan-tan, taqn-tan') ."

"The cast is awesome, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman stealing scenes in which all are present. Maggie Gyllenhaal fantastic replacing Katie Holmes and Aaron Eckhart as a great surprise as the politician with a heart of gold whose personality changes after a horrible accident. Another surprise is Eric Roberts as the mobster he knows so well how to do. Christian Bale solid as ever, cool since Bruce Wayne is a rich playboy and Batman is the opposite. The film plays a lot with this duality, all the characters are complex, has ambiguities, very interesting and delicate here."

Archived