DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Majsjus guide to Champions League

Majsju

0-2, great result for United. Now Roma will have to score 3 at Old Trafford, and that is simply not going to happen.

Not so great game though. While United had relatively good control except for the first 25 minutes of the 2nd half, they never really got the attacking game going. But then, with players like Ronaldo and Rooney, you do not need that many chances to deliver.

And damn! Park was amazing, considering how little he has played since returning from injury. Rooney covering both left midfield and defence in the first half was quite amazing as well.

I just hope Vidics injury was not serious, some very important games coming up, and the Man of Steel is much needed.

Bummer to lose 10 euros when Bojan gave Barca a 1-0 win. But I should have remembered that Schalke does not have any real firepower in the attack.

Well, Roma had a great period the first 20 minutes of the second half when they pressed United hard and created some quite good chances, but Rooneys goal kinda knocked the air out of them.

And you get so few chances in a CL game that you need to convert those you get.

And wow, Roma comes to Old Trafford needing to score 3 goals...That should give even more chances for United than last year ;D

Just a few quick words about wedesdays games, before I forget about them.

Fenerbache - Chelsea 2-1. Did not see the game, but bloody hell! Feners second goal must be a strong challenger for goal of the year.

ARSEnal - Liverpool 1-1. Was it a penalty? Possibly. Kuyt is clearly grabbing Hleb, but it was hard to see how much since Hleb took a dive. I think that had he tried to stay on his feet, he would have gotten the penalty. Good to see diving not paying off.

• 2 weeks later...

And we are down to the semifinals. Tonight Liverpool - Chelsea, tomorrow Barcelona - Manchester United.

Last six games between Liverpool and Chelsea has resulted in a total of 3 goals, so 0-0 would hardly be a shocking result. But if any team can be said to have the edge, it is Liverpool. Chelsea will have next weekends game against United on their minds, if they lose there they lose the title, even though there are two more games to play. Liverpool disappeared from the title race long ago, and can put total focus on this game.

Barcelona - United on the other hand, quite a different story. Last two games between them resulted in 12(!) goals. Two of the most attack minded teams in the world, and there is no reason to believe that would change now. I give United the edge here, Barcelona looked shaky against Schalke, and have not impressed in the league.

I am torn. On one hand, it would have been great to trash chelski and secure the title now. On the other hand, this gives a great chance to have the season end with chelski and United with the same points, so that goal difference will decide, and thus send a message that attacking football will pay off in the end.

Too bad chelskis second goal came on a penalty that only was given because the ref could not handle the pressure from the chelski fans >:(

• 3 weeks later...

Archived