DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Oaths for a Lifetime (retro)

Liitha

This is retro rp, as Cyrain's bio goes past the point of her raising

Cyrain blinked as she looked towards the entrance into the Glade of Remembrance, it was almost time. She had spent the morning in contemplating over her trainee days, that in few moments the start of the end of them would come, well it scared her. Not that she would openly admit that fact for anyone, but she would get added responsibility, not constantly be under the guidance of mentors like she had for so long now.

The time before Tar Valon seemed distant, something of a fuzzy memory, her upbringing years longer into the past then it actualy had been.

Seteling into a mask of determination she rose and walked towards the glade, the sun blinded her as she exited the shadows for a moment. Blinking she took in the scene infront of her, the first she saw was the Commander, to the right her first mentor was present. She smiled, though her training had continued under a person who had come to mean just as much to her, she had not forgoten the one who had guided her through her early days of traineehood.

Her eyes shifting to the left, a woman, an Aes Sedai, not one she knew, and by her memory not one she had ever seen before, but the ageless face was unmistacable. She proceded and then stoped infront of the slab.

Nynaeve tossed and turned until her eyes snapped open. She took a few deep breaths before she closed her eyes. Sleep already slipped away but she was trying to force it back. No such luck. She still had hours before she had to attend the ceremony. She was asked by a fellow Sedai to fill in for her. Since it was a pretty uneventful day, Nynaeve agreed. After all, every new TG made the WT a safer place and she was happy to take part.

She got up. She didn't want to but there was no point in staying in the bed if she wasn't going to sleep. She washed herself and arranged her hair. She slipped into one of her silk yellow dresses and after grabbing her shawl she was out the door. She didn't usually walk around with the shawl, unless she was heading to a special event. Novices and Accepted who passed her by curtsied, eyeing her shawl appreciatively. No doubt eager to get theirs some day. To be young again.

It was still too early to head over the Glade of Remembrance. So Nynaeve took a stroll through the gardens. Letting herself relax and enjoy the lovely day. She sat down on one of the benches scattered around and observed the happenings. At some point she took out a tiny book from her pouch and read through it. A little manual she wrote with names of herbs. It wasn't complete but she always liked to go through it to see if any more popped to her head.

After luxuriating in the sun for a long while, Nynaeve finally decided it was time for her to present herself in the ceremony. She had a feeling late entrances were frowned upon. Besides, she didn't like keeping people waiting just as much as she disliked being kept waiting herself.

Getting up from the bench, she wrapped her yellow fringed shawl around her shoulder and headed to the Glade of Remembrance.

Nyn

Yellow

“I come here unarmed, to offer myself and give my service in the defence of those who serve all." she waited for the proceding.

The firm voice of the Commander carried the ceremony on “Who would speak for you?”

Tower Guard: “I would speak for her, she is fit.”

“Who would trust you?”

“I would trust him”, Said Nynaeve firmly. It wasn't the first time Nynaeve participated in such a ceremony, so she knew the whole words uttered by heart. It was more then likely that she could have recited it asleep.

Commander: “Who would accept you?”

Tower Guard: “I would.”

“Who would witness your oath whose word is beyond question?”

“I will”, Nynaeve affirmed. Since I happen to be around anyhow.

“Do you understand that once pledged you are forever bound to a rule of defence? Defence of all Aes Sedai, the defence of the White Tower?”

Cyrain nodded slightly, “Yes, I do understand.”

“Do you understand that once pledged you are forever bound to a rule of obedience? Obedience to your officers, obedience to all

Aes Sedai?”

She wondered what it would say, but short of leaving the yard, and leave her training, she would need to learn the full aspect of serving the women of the white tower, the authorities of the yard she was already familiar with. “Yes.” her voice was clear.

“Do you understand that once pledged you are forever bound to a rule of commitment? Commitment to serving faithfully, commitment despite any adversity?”

She had thougth about this as well, she didnt see any way around it, and at last instant there was those retired she had heard of, it was it seemed not imposible, just hard to leave the duty, hardship was something she could deal with, or at least she thougth so “Yes.”

“Then give your oath now.”

She drew her breath slowly, and controled she spoke the words she had learned by heart “I swear by the light and my hope of salvation and rebirth, as a Tower Guard to defend the White Tower and all who call it home.”

“I swear by the light and my hope of salvation and rebirth, as a Tower

Guard to serve faithfully for as long as the White Tower requires me.”

“I swear by the light and my hope of salvation and rebirth, as a Tower

Guard to fight the shadow and uphold the light until my dying day.”

“We welcome you to the Tower Guard, you that were known once as of .” She kept her focus on the Commander as he spoke, though her eyes wanted to draw to the Aes Sedai aproaching. Cyrain could feel the cloack fold over her shoulders, the clasp being hatched togheter..

“We welcome you as of the Tower Guard, our (brother/sister) in

arms. Rise and stand as one among many.” As bid she rose from her knees and looked at Alriand aproaching with a knife.

“You came to us unarmed, and as our mark of trust we place this steel in your hand. May you keep it as a symbol of the trust that has been camplaced in you, and may it serve you well.”

Her eyes fixed back onto the Commader as he came walking around from the stoneslab, she felt his hand on her shoulder, and could hardly hear his words over her own heart, only the void kept her from giving herself away by breathpace.

“Spare a moment for those who have come before you and to who you have become, as shall those who follow you.”

The hand was removed and both the Aes Sedai and Alriand was following the Commander out of the Glen behind her, she setled down hard on the ground with her legs crossed, and stared at the slab. She wasnt a trainee, when she left the glen she would be treated akin to the tower guards, on good and bad. She felt lonely and though she had considered this beforehand, she still felt overwhelmed by the very fact now that the ceremony was done. For a moment she wished for the simplisity of her early days in training, laying back and looking up on the skies she let her thougths drift, unaware that with them she was slowly drifting into sleep herself exhausted by the last days consern, and lack of sleep over thinking about what was to come.