DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Uniteing The Two Towers

Darth_Andrea

not for much longer, egwene wants to stop that practise, probably basing it more on accomplishments than anything

That would be more like it was in the AOL. Accomplishments were the basis of status, hense the 3 names, as in many cultures, to show their level of status and respect among their peers. Look at Lanfear, while she was among the most powerful of them she never gained the covated 3 names.

[glow=green,1,500]Darth_Andrea[/glow]        starwars1.gif

Well since Asedi base their heirchy on power level and since most men are more powerful than women.   Shouldn't all those Reds start submitting to the men to be bonded if he is stronger?     FAT CHANCE - but by their heierarchy it should.

Keep in mind that the male average strength is stronger, not that men will always be stronger. There will be many men at the bottom of the hierarchy, just as there will be many women at the top (though the male top strength is a level higher then the female). So the idea that most men will be stronger than women is wrong, its just you'll see more men at higher strengths than women--like, say there are twenty women born a generation at Cadsuane's strength, whilst there are thirty men (I made that number up just to illuminate what im trying to say).

RJ has even specified that the numbers are not terribly skewed, saying that 62.5% of women would be strong enough to gain the shawl, whilst 65.4% of men would be strong enough. Its just a matter of proportionately more men than women at each of the higher strengths.

and to mention the 2 halves are so different it wont work when crossing over, You wouldnt make a basketball player the MVP of a football league, would you? not the greatest example, but you see what i mean?

Actually it's more like comparing Baseball to Kricket, simulare in some ways and as much as it's the same it's also completly different. What a Woman can do with the power a man can do in kind. It's just the how of it thats different. Durring the AOL they had some system setup that compsiated for those differencs which balanced it all out. Something simulare will have to be created again other wise it's going to be men and women butting heads (as if they don't anyway) over ever issue that comes up.

[glow=green,1,500]Darth_Andrea[/glow]            starwars1.gif           

I thought Cricket was closer to baseball? God I am out of touch with the world. I know in the AOL the greatest of accomplishments were when men and women worked together, so I think its safe to say the channelers in Randland will surely learn that even before TG. I got a question though, it maybe dumb but I wont know that tel its answered, when there is a circle of men and women, are the halves working together or are they still seperate. Like do you need to weave seperately each half or do they work together in common goal? Also can any channeler sense a circle that includes men and women, or can men only see any Sadin weaves and women Sadair?

Saidin and Saidar can be woven together--we see this in Egwenes description of the protective ward around Callandor, with threads invisible to her because they are saidin.

And apparently they can't see cross gender webs--even the person guiding a cross gender circle can only see the flows of saidin of the men within the circle, which we know from Eben having to warn Daigian about Aran'gar holding saidin.

No I meant people outside the circle. They see what they are able? Callandor was a placed weave not in the realm of what I am asking here. Just circles intrest me right at dis moment. Sorry I am fickle! I thought that Nyneave actually used Sadin as part of the circle during the cleansing, she said something like oh I never knew blah blah, I hate her so her words mean liitle to me. My question surrounds the power used in a circle. God I think I am just confusing myself now, sheesh!

I'm not sure what you mean. If you were asking whether a man or a woman could sense their oppsite if it were woven by someone of the same gender... say a man sensing saidar if it were woven by another man linked to a woman, then no he couldn't. We know this because Demandred 'concludes' that some of the women with Damer Flin must be Aes Sedai because Flin's attack hits his ward much harder than it should.

And yes, Nynaeve did hold Saidin briefly, though she never channeled it. Other women did--Elza channeled the flows from Narishma, and Daigian channeled the flows from Eben.

Ah suckky, yeah im missing three of my books myself--i leant the to various friends who seemingly have poor returns policies. Grr.

Elza helps Rand because Verin compelled her to do so. She's since rationalized this by thinking that Rand has to be at Tarmon Gai'don in order for the Great Lord to kill him and thus win.

Archived